Windows 10: Lost permission access to a folder on my E drive. How do I regain permissions?

Discus and support Lost permission access to a folder on my E drive. How do I regain permissions? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I went to install Photoshop from their creative cloud app thing. I changed the location to install on my E drive HDD. I successfully had it installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lana01, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Lana01 Win User

Lost permission access to a folder on my E drive. How do I regain permissions?

I went to install Photoshop from their creative cloud app thing. I changed the location to install on my E drive HDD. I successfully had it installed on my C drive initially but uninstalled a few months ago. The install failed. When I went to the folder the install dumped a bunch of Photoshop files. I was unable to create a new folder and I was unable to delete files.

Lost permission access to a folder on my E drive. How do I regain permissions? 814d59ea-5193-46c0-80cf-550804a53665?upload=true.png

I ran a few cmd commands

Lost permission access to a folder on my E drive. How do I regain permissions? 09455c94-30aa-454a-90da-63bcb6faa3c5?upload=true.png

I tried setting permissions but it didn't work.

Lost permission access to a folder on my E drive. How do I regain permissions? 932993cb-4f7d-43bd-a699-057ddf4f7c6a?upload=true.png

I gave permissions to Users, Administrators, and whatever the other 2 entities are

Lost permission access to a folder on my E drive. How do I regain permissions? 6db51fb4-6f1c-4469-90cf-1d331910aafe?upload=true.png

I performed a drive check

Lost permission access to a folder on my E drive. How do I regain permissions? 75b5724d-556e-4afe-86b0-e5797dff9dd4?upload=true.png

And another cmd prompt

Lost permission access to a folder on my E drive. How do I regain permissions? f0362836-2a4d-467c-87bd-5b82fffaf7e0?upload=true.png

I can add new folders, edit, delete, c/p files into the rest of the E drive. I just cannot do anything with the E:\Apps folder which stores all of my important program files.

How can I fix this?

:)

Lana01, Dec 1, 2020
  2. j.col70 Win User
    j.col70, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Windows reports "You don't currently have permission to access this folder".

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Does this happen only with a specific folder/file location?

This problem results when an administrator, the owner of the file or folder, or a user with the Change Permissions permission for a file or Full Control permission for a folder, changes the access control list (ACL) on the file or folder. Some of the
    changes that could deny a user access to a file or folder they should be able to access include:

• The user or group was unintentionally removed from Group or User names on the file's or folder's Security tab.

• An explicit Deny has mistakenly been applied to the user or group.

• A conflict between share permissions and NTFS permissions was created when someone changes permissions without examining both types of permissions.

Method 1:

Let’s give permission to the folder and check if that helps. Follow these steps to give permissions to the drive.

a) Right-click on the folder which you’re unable to access and select Properties.

b) Click on ‘Security’ tab and under ‘Group or user names’ click on ‘Edit’.

c) Click on ‘Add’ and type ‘everyone’.

d) Click on ‘Check names’ and then click ‘OK’.

e) Select ‘everyone’ and under ‘Allow’ select
    ‘Full control’ and click on ‘Apply’ and Click ‘Ok’.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to try the steps in the article and check if it helps.

"Access Denied" or other errors when accessing or working with files and folders in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2623670

(Try the steps for Windows 8 as it is applicable to Windows 10 as well.)

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us with more information and we’d be happy to help.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Lost permission access to a folder on my E drive. How do I regain permissions?

Lost access to desktop and folder, change the permissions to access.

Original title: Lost my permissions to access desktop

I lost my access to desktop. When I was performing something on my desktop it shows you don't have permissions to access the folder. And i pressed continue, it showed to gain access to this folder you will need to use the security tab. I clicked on security
    tab and try to change the permissions and its showing an error message again that i don't have any access to change. If some one know what to do please help me..

venkateshmadamanchi, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Lost permission access to a folder on my E drive. How do I regain permissions?

1. Lost permission access to a folder on my E drive. How do I regain permissions? - Similar Threads - Lost permission access

2. How do I get permission to a folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get permission to a folder?: I reseted my laptop and now this drive that I used more has backed up or something and I can't acces it, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-permission-to-a-folder/3fc13414-6e39-4a7e-8c33-acbf8cb79420
  3. How do I get permission to a folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get permission to a folder?: I reseted my laptop and now this drive that I used more has backed up or something and I can't acces it, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-permission-to-a-folder/3fc13414-6e39-4a7e-8c33-acbf8cb79420
  4. How do I get permission to a folder?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Folder permission Access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder permission Access: Hello, I was wondering if someone else is experience what I am getting. I have Windows 10. Also I am using Avira as my antivirus (Defender is disabled because of Avira - automatic thing). So the issue is that randomly a folder is being locked for me. I am with...
  6. Drive access permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive access permissions: I get the message that I do not have permission to access D/System drive. The message says to go to the permissions security tab but I am unable to locate it. Help required please....
  7. Lost access to my C:\drive, Permissions won't set

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost access to my C:\drive, Permissions won't set: I forgot how I asked for help a month ago or more but with trying to do a Fresh Instal. It started by deleting my Document folder in September, I recovered most of it from a program and the items were not overwritten. Now during or right after I lost my permissions to C:\...
  8. Permission to access the drive.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Permission to access the drive.: Dear Community, I wanted to change the permission status of the drive for a user account, instead, I changed for the administrative account. Just need to reactive the account. Please help me to activate it, as I go for the settings I see a message as below. I don't...
  9. How do I access "location permissions"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I access "location permissions": How do I access "location permissions"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-i-access-location-permissions/7d941d36-cb0f-4020-a68f-41e89238741c"
  10. Permissions to access folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Permissions to access folders: Hi, I have a 40Gb USB drive which I protect with Bitlocker. When I unlock the drive there are some folders (backups of every photo taken by my camera) which I am denied access to. I have logged on as Administrator (I am the Administrator) and followed all the instructions to...