Windows 10: Lost permission to access my Buffalo nas drive since windows updated

Discus and support Lost permission to access my Buffalo nas drive since windows updated in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A few days ago windows did an automatic update and since then I am not able to access my Buffalo Nas drive which is mapped as "Q" on my desktop... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RonFaibusch, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Lost permission to access my Buffalo nas drive since windows updated

A few days ago windows did an automatic update and since then I am not able to access my Buffalo Nas drive which is mapped as "Q" on my desktop computer.

When I click on the drive in windows explorer it tells me that I do not have permission to access \\LS-WVL300. Contact your network administrator to request access.

What went wrong?

:)

RonFaibusch, Sep 19, 2020

2. Buffalo NAS external drives & Windows 10 will not connect

I had the same problem, running Windows 10 and had been using the Buffalo NAS drive LinkDrive for years it stopped working, probably after a windows update.

I could see the drive using the NAS Naigator 2 app, could ping the drive, and could access it from another machine but couldn't access it.

Eventually resolved it by

Control Panel - Programs and Features - Turn Windows features on and off

and enabled:

SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support

Restarted and everything worked.

Martin C Day, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Greg West Win User
    Buffalo NAS external drives & Windows 10 will not connect

I just started having this issue as well.... I can see my Buffalo NAS LS220D in the Buffalo Nas Navigator 2 and access the admin management panel. Yet windows cant access the share or map a drive letter. It was working just fine last week. My wife's windows
    10 laptop accesses it just fine. I am wondering if the last windows 10 update is the issue. Her machine updated the KB3189866 just fine all automatic. Mine I had to do a manual install of it since it was getting stuck at 45%. As I am typing this I went into
    Check for Updates to get that KB number. Noticed that it shows ready for me to install this update yet it is already showing installed in Update History as of 9-14-2016. This is driving me insane I have attempted a ton of fixes to get it working to no avail.

Greg West, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Meterguru Win User

Lost permission to access my Buffalo nas drive since windows updated

Buffalo NAS external drives & Windows 10 will not connect

I was running windows 8.1 and was connected through my wired network to 2 Buffalo NAS drives but once I upgraded to wins 10 I could not longer access them. I can see them through my laptop running win 8 plugged into my network but not with any PCs
    running Win 10. I have read many post on win 7 and wireless problems and tried those fixes but nothing seems to work. The buffalo software see them and sets them up but I can not access them through Windows.

Meterguru, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Lost permission to access my Buffalo nas drive since windows updated

1. Lost permission to access my Buffalo nas drive since windows updated - Similar Threads - Lost permission access

2. Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives: I can no longer access NAS devices. I have 2 NAS: Synology DS420+ and WDEX4100, that I have been using for several years, mapped to Y and Z respectively. A couple days ago, I lost connectivity. Came in to my office in the morning and the drives were gone from File Explorer. I...
  3. Trying to access NAS thru my LAN- Permissions; Access Denied?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to access NAS thru my LAN- Permissions; Access Denied?: Trying to access my NAS storage TrueNAS device. I believe it is administered for SMB Windows access but I cannot access it. Just getting "access denied; check permissions, and the same security excuses I have had whenever I have tried to access something like NAS that is...
  4. Trying to access NAS thru my LAN- Permissions; Access Denied?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to access NAS thru my LAN- Permissions; Access Denied?: Trying to access my NAS storage TrueNAS device. I believe it is administered for SMB Windows access but I cannot access it. Just getting "access denied; check permissions, and the same security excuses I have had whenever I have tried to access something like NAS that is...
  5. Trying to access NAS thru my LAN- Permissions; Access Denied?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. NAS drive permissions problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NAS drive permissions problem: So I have a Seagate Central NAS connected to my network which I can access from my laptop. I also have an external drive plugged into the back of it for extra storage. When I open up the network drive on my laptop it comes up 2 folders, "Public" is the main folder for the...
  7. Can't Access my NAS drive

Can't Access my NAS drive: I cant connect to my NAS. I had mapped drives that worked fine earlier. now I only get an error message. Long message essentialy to many server connections. What has happend Please advice Regards Anders...
  8. Lost access to my C:\drive, Permissions won't set

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost access to my C:\drive, Permissions won't set: I forgot how I asked for help a month ago or more but with trying to do a Fresh Instal. It started by deleting my Document folder in September, I recovered most of it from a program and the items were not overwritten. Now during or right after I lost my permissions to C:\...
  9. Buffalo NAS Navagator 2.82 Connection Errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Buffalo NAS Navagator 2.82 Connection Errors: I have three Dell XPS desktops (two 8700 and one 8300) and two Buffalo NAS units connected to my home network. When I run Buffalo NAS Navigator V 2.82 (the latest version) on one of the 8700s is see the following communication errors from both NAS units (the other 8700...
  10. No Access to NAS Drive

No Access to NAS Drive: Hi Folk, I can see that this seems to be a common problem on here! I have a Lacie cloudbox NAS drive. On WIn7 pro it worked just fine. Windows say the drive in the network group and I could access it like a normal folder. After I did the Win10 upgrade and it initially...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com