Windows 10: Lost permissions for my own OneDrive folder

Discus and support Lost permissions for my own OneDrive folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a OneDrive folder with photos and videos in it. While trying to access one of the subfolders in that folder, it says for most of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SamuelKarlsson1, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Lost permissions for my own OneDrive folder

Hello,

I have a OneDrive folder with photos and videos in it. While trying to access one of the subfolders in that folder, it says for most of the objects in that folder that I don't have read permissions so I cannot view the photo/video. When I right click on the folder and select Properties > Security > Advanced, I gave "Full Control" to "Everyone" but it didn't fix the problem.

Any help is appreciated

:)

SamuelKarlsson1, Aug 17, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

OneDrive folder permissions - Fix

Found the problem. Lost permissions for my own OneDrive folder :)

While you are still listed as the owner of each subfolder in the OneDrive folder, some subfolders no longer have inherited permissions enabled.

If you Enable inheritance and OK for each affected subfolder in the OneDrive folder, it will no longer have any access issues or UAC prompts afterwards.

Lost permissions for my own OneDrive folder [​IMG]

Brink, Aug 17, 2020
  3. Folder won't open due to permission issue

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I understand your concern. Let me help you.

I suggest you to sign out from the current account, restart the computer and log in with Administrators account and

check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to refer to the steps below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then click
      Properties.

• Tap or click the Security tab.

• Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.

To open a file, you have to have the Read permission. To change the permissions of a file or folder, follow these steps.

Important you must be logged on as an administrator to change permissions on files and folders.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then tap or click
      Properties.

• Tap or click the Security tab.

• Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.

• Tap or click Edit, tap or click your name, select the check boxes for the permissions that you must have, and then click
      OK.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us with more information and we’d be happy to help.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Aug 17, 2020
  4. Lost permissions for my own OneDrive folder

Setting up onedrive on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) My Documents folder will be there in both PC and in OneDrive folder.

2) As you said that you have made inaccessible, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if I helps.

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    Are you trying to open the music folder from OneDrive folder or from PC?

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

Lost permissions for my own OneDrive folder

1. Lost permissions for my own OneDrive folder - Similar Threads - Lost permissions own

2. Why do I need permission to perform an action on my own folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I need permission to perform an action on my own folders?: I have an external drive connected through a wireless router and it is telling me I need permission to create a new folder anywhere on the drive.I used to be able to do this. Need some help please. Win 10 64bit:...
  3. Folder structure of Onedrive lost

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder structure of Onedrive lost: Hy, since today the folder structure of my personal onedrive is lost. All subfolder are shown inside the root folder. So I've 8.000 subfolders in the users\documents path. How to correct this, as I don't what happend? kr Andreas...
  4. lost permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    lost permissions: Just recently i have lost permissions to open my photos , i have tried everything ... can some one help please thank you in advance . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-permissions/2fc17712-f593-4d04-ab47-75f664de22e3
  5. Lost permission to my own OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost permission to my own OneDrive folder: Hello, I have a OneDrive folder with family photos and videos in it. While trying to access one of the subfolders in that folder, it says for most of the objects in that folder that I don't have read permissions so I cannot view the photo/video. When I right click on the...
  6. Permission For My Own User Folder On Different Computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Permission For My Own User Folder On Different Computer: Hi - i searched for this but didn't find anything related to my exact situation I have a win 10 Pro laptop that won't boot - not sure why... Anyway, I took the SSD out, and used a USB adapter to get the files onto another computer. The drive loads fine and is visible on the...
  7. Lost OneDrive from my Start folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost OneDrive from my Start folder: I rather stupidly lost OneDrive from my Start folder. I managed to almost recover it using instructions that I found on these forums. If I now tap on Start, Files-OneDrive, a window opens showing my Files from my old version of OneDrive. However, I often have to tap on a box...
  8. OneDrive folder permissions - Fix

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive folder permissions - Fix: Found the problem. *Smile While you are still listed as the owner of each subfolder in the OneDrive folder, some subfolders no longer have inherited permissions enabled. If you Enable inheritance and OK for each affected subfolder in the OneDrive folder, it will no...
  9. Change Permissions of OneDrive Shared Files and Folders

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Permissions of OneDrive Shared Files and Folders: How to: Change Permissions of OneDrive Shared Files and Folders How to Change Permission Level of Shared OneDrive Files and Folders You can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your Windows 10 PC, Windows 10 tablet, or Windows 10...
  10. Lost all permissions and control of files/folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost all permissions and control of files/folders: Hi all, earlier I plugged in the hard drive from my wife's PC into my own PC (both windows 10) so I could try to recover some files from it (as it's currently not booting into windows). As soon as I booted my PC back up I could see the second hard drive was there but...