Windows 10: lost permissions

Discus and support lost permissions in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just recently i have lost permissions to open my photos , i have tried everything ... can some one help please thank you in advance .... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tinacarr1, Dec 2, 2020.

1. tinacarr1 Win User

lost permissions

Just recently i have lost permissions to open my photos , i have tried everything ... can some one help please thank you in advance .

:)

tinacarr1, Dec 2, 2020

2. Lost all Administrator permission

Hello,

I have lost all my administrator permission. I have two profiles but both profiles are standard. I have tried every option that were listed on existing forums. Every option leads me to a pop-up screen stating I have no permission. Are there any other recommendations?

needhelptoday, Dec 2, 2020
  3. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Dec 2, 2020
  4. lost permissions

Folder access permission lost after linking to microsoft account

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for posting you query in Microsoft Community.

Regrets the inconvenience you have experienced.

Are you concerned about file permissions?

If so, I suggest to follow the below mentioned steps and check if it helps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Please let us know if it’s working

Hope this will help.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

lost permissions

1. lost permissions - Similar Threads - lost permissions

2. How to disable my ask for permission - family safety's feature and I lost the owner account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable my ask for permission - family safety's feature and I lost the owner account: A few days ago I set up the family features for some reason and now it’s super annoying when I start a video game asking me permission from an adult and the account that was the “adult” I lost the password and email....
  3. How to disable my ask for permission - family safety's feature and I lost the owner account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable my ask for permission - family safety's feature and I lost the owner account: A few days ago I set up the family features for some reason and now it’s super annoying when I start a video game asking me permission from an adult and the account that was the “adult” I lost the password and email....
  4. Windows security service turned off and permissions lost to restart it

Windows security service turned off and permissions lost to restart it: Windows 10 I caught a virus that gained access to my personal online accounts. It changed my Windows defender permissions to where it turned off, would not update, and I believe affected how Defender works. It also will not allow me to turn it back on. I have since used...
  5. Windows security service turned off and permissions lost to restart it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows security service turned off and permissions lost to restart it: Windows 10 I caught a virus that gained access to my personal online accounts. It changed my Windows defender permissions to where it turned off, would not update, and I believe affected how Defender works. It also will not allow me to turn it back on. I have since used...
  6. Windows security service turned off and permissions lost to restart it

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Lost almost all my files when I gave Onedrive permission to clear space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost almost all my files when I gave Onedrive permission to clear space: Hi guys,So I am extremely desperate here. My father recently passed away, and all my pictures of him are now gone.I did not have a paid Microsoft 365 account, but my computer stored everything automatically on OneDrive. I must say I am not very good with this stuff, so sorry...
  8. Lost almost all my files when I gave Onedrive permission to clear space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost almost all my files when I gave Onedrive permission to clear space: Hi guys,So I am extremely desperate here. My father recently passed away, and all my pictures of him are now gone.I did not have a paid Microsoft 365 account, but my computer stored everything automatically on OneDrive. I must say I am not very good with this stuff, so sorry...
  9. Lost almost all my files when I gave Onedrive permission to clear space

10. I accidently removed the systems user from my C drive and now I have lost admin permissions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidently removed the systems user from my C drive and now I have lost admin permissions.: I accidently removed the systems user from my C drive, afterwards I realized my only user does not have full control as permissions. I cannot press the edit button because it need admin permission and every time I press it the properties page freezes. I do have other discs...