Windows 10: Lost personal folders, files and their documents inside :(

Discus and support Lost personal folders, files and their documents inside :( in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [Microsoft Outlook 2010; Win 10 Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.476); Google Chrome Browser; Lenovo Laptop] Hello, around 2 or so weeks ago I lost a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Adela, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Adela Win User

Lost personal folders, files and their documents inside :(

[Microsoft Outlook 2010; Win 10 Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.476); Google Chrome Browser; Lenovo Laptop]

Hello, around 2 or so weeks ago I lost a personal folder I created with its sub-folder and documents inside, in my Microsoft Outlook 2010. Carbonite (my backup site) has restored folders/files within a certain period and put a shortcut in my desktop page, but I haven't been able to import them into Outlook so I can see if the missing folders/files are there, and asking Carbonite for help they said they don't do that.

During these 2 weeks I've been searching everywhere for them. Then turned to internet search but wasn't able to find suggestions I could follow. Where I understood and tried them...I always found something different from the instructions and got stuck in the middle....So frustrating!

If someone here has Outlook 2010 and knows how to import into them files from another site please help? Anticipating my deep thanks. Lost personal folders, files and their documents inside :( :)

:)

Adela, Dec 3, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

My internal hard drive personal document folders do not show in file explorer

Hi Kari,

If you're having trouble seeing your personal documents, it might be caused by a file corruption. We suggest following the steps provided by Pavan_N in this
    thread that was found helpful in resolving similar issue.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    documents files and folders

Hi Paul,

For better assistance, we'd like to ask the following:

• What were the steps you've tried to reverse the alphabetization of files and folder name?
    • Can you provide us a sample screenshot of the issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Lost personal folders, files and their documents inside :(

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Lost personal folders, files and their documents inside :(

1. Lost personal folders, files and their documents inside :( - Similar Threads - Lost personal folders

2. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents folder inside Documents folder: A question identical or similar to this was raised in 2021 on this forum but I don't quite understand the advice that was given then. I have this annoying setup on my system, which I seem to have had ever since Windows 7 came along: In the right pane of File Explorer the...
  3. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder inside Documents folder: A question identical or similar to this was raised in 2021 on this forum but I don't quite understand the advice that was given then. I have this annoying setup on my system, which I seem to have had ever since Windows 7 came along: In the right pane of File Explorer the...
  4. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Documents folder has folders inside but files in main documents folder missing

Documents folder has folders inside but files in main documents folder missing: All the files in my documents folder are missing. Cannot find them anywhere. Folders inside documents folder are still there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-folder-has-folders-inside-but-files-in/8fcd4d0f-e1ca-494d-9e80-6fce88ed458b
  6. Documents folder has folders inside but files in main documents folder missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder has folders inside but files in main documents folder missing: All the files in my documents folder are missing. Cannot find them anywhere. Folders inside documents folder are still there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-folder-has-folders-inside-but-files-in/8fcd4d0f-e1ca-494d-9e80-6fce88ed458b
  7. Documents folder has folders inside but files in main documents folder missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Lost Document Folder

Lost Document Folder: I have inserted a new SSD to my desktop with a Windows 10. Before that, I have an HDD 500Gb also Win10 that I used for almost 10 years. So, it has my files, precious photos, videos, and more.... Now, while I'm organizing the default location of...
  9. Lost documents folder contents

Lost documents folder contents: Hi, after an automatic Windows 10 update all my documents vanished from the Documents folder - I now believe this was because a temporary profile was set up. Unfortunately I found my documents and returned them to the "new" documents folder. After re-booting, the temporary...
  10. Files and folders gone inside Documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Files and folders gone inside Documents: I really don't know what happened. My folders in my documents are gone. I was pulling a repo using sourcetree then it got an error(saying something about it didn't got all the files needed). I just canceled that for a while and returned to unity(a different repository) but...