Windows 10: lost photos and music

Discus and support lost photos and music in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; after an update, I have lost all my music and photos.....please, may I have them back? and thank you for your help donna satterfield... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by donna satterfield, Feb 15, 2020.

1. lost photos and music

after an update, I have lost all my music and photos.....please, may I have them back?

and thank you for your help

donna satterfield

:)

donna satterfield, Feb 15, 2020
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done lost photos and music :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 15, 2020
  4. lost photos and music

The 'Photos' app for photo viewing has disappeared.

I do not understand this, when I returned to the PC later today my original settings had returned to the start screen, including one other tile which I had also lost but had not yet re-instated. Also the original list of 'All apps' had returned to the start
    screen, including 'Photos'. There is nothing that I am aware of having done that should have caused the original disappearance of some apps from the 'All apps' list and their associated tiles, or that could have caused them to return.

It has therefore been unnecessary to follow your suggested steps, though I have done so anyway and it works as suggested. Note that I had followed your steps 1 & 2 earlier which is why I knew 'Photos' had not disappeared from the PC but was simply not
    visible on the 'All apps' list and hence my inability to re-pin the tile.

Thank you for your reply and understanding my frustration.

Frustrated - Belfast, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

lost photos and music

1. lost photos and music - Similar Threads - lost photos music

2. photo music slideshow

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    photo music slideshow: Hi,Can I PLEASE have assistance I have copied 150 odd Photos onto a USB Stick for my Brothers Funeral,But I was hoping to Add some Country & Western Music to run in the Back Ground The Venue has a 65 inch Tv & that were I was going to plug in the USB Stick Please assist on...
  3. lost music

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lost music: on laptop last night and 3/4 of my music gone from windows media player and groove music. artwork for albums also. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-music/afa8b584-5fd8-4496-91d5-285aa25a2dde
  4. Lost music

Lost music: I have a load of CD and pirated music on my computer somewhere but can't locate it. Itunes no longer shows the non-itunes songs. I would like to find them on the computer so I can import them again to itunes......
  5. music on photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    music on photos: Hello, I am creating a video on Photos and want to add different songs to it. It will only let me use one song. My video is 45 mins. long. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/music-on-photos/ca9d8422-66e3-42b7-a739-5f4ffe05fce5
  6. Photos App music

Photos App music: How do I add my music tracks to the Windows 10 Photos App https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-music/e895ecb1-1187-469d-9490-dc0888b706f4"
  7. lost photos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost photos: how do I retrieve photos after a factory reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-photos/2e1fdf45-acdd-4217-af48-9f24a12a67f1
  8. LOST PHOTOS & Music after Oct. 2018 Windoes update.

LOST PHOTOS & Music after Oct. 2018 Windoes update.: This was actually a question for over the last month I had tried to solve by reading Microsoft community questions about my same problem. I was able to solve it after Logging into Microsoft DRIVE ONE which automatically began to download all my missing pictures. It is still...
  9. Lost music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost music: I am using another pc now. all the music I bought from iStore are no longer shown on the pc I am currently using please help. BS Nkosi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-groove/lost-music/856db2b9-e855-4f1a-ab83-1a78db2e2b23
  10. lost music track

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    lost music track: have bought, and downloaded music track from FRIARS POINT ..USA..called ..BOOM..BOOM..BOOM....Can't find the track on my PC...!!, How do I find this.??..Thanks...Johnnymac ~#~#...