Windows 10: LOST PHOTOS & Music after Oct. 2018 Windoes update.

Discus and support LOST PHOTOS & Music after Oct. 2018 Windoes update. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This was actually a question for over the last month I had tried to solve by reading Microsoft community questions about my same problem. I was able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Agustin de Ibern, Nov 26, 2018.

1. LOST PHOTOS & Music after Oct. 2018 Windoes update.

This was actually a question for over the last month I had tried to solve by reading Microsoft community questions about my same problem. I was able to solve it after Logging into Microsoft DRIVE ONE which automatically began to download all my missing pictures. It is still running so I feel confident it was turned off by the update and had to be MANUALLY TURNED BACK ON... thanks for all the suggestions....p.s. the update also turned off my passport ultra backup which I had to restart...Thank again to everybody..

:)

Agustin de Ibern, Nov 26, 2018
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done LOST PHOTOS & Music after Oct. 2018 Windoes update. :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Photos are lost after an update

Hi James,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we would like to know which updates got installed.

I would like to inform you that the files and programs installed on your computer will not get effected, when you upgrade to Windows 10.

I suggest you to check in Recycle bin once. If the photos are accidently deleted.

If you are unable to find the photos in Recycle bin, type the name of the photo or folder in search box and check.

For more information refer the following Microsoft help article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/search-file-explorer

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10.

If you are still unable to find the photos, I suggest you perform System Restore on your computer.

Method 1:

System Restore brings a system to an operable condition after a disaster so that it can again accept and process data.

To perform System Restore follow the step provided below.

• Press Windows Key + R Key
    • Type rstrui and press Enter.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 26, 2018
  4. LOST PHOTOS & Music after Oct. 2018 Windoes update.

windows 10 creators update lost my photos

Hi,

After the changes on your PC, you may experience trouble finding your old files. For us to better assist you with your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you already tried checking your photos under Users
      in Drive C?
    • Do you have multiple user profiles? If yes, have you tried checking your photos on a different user profile?

In the meantime, you can check this support
    article
    for steps on how to find lost files after updating to Windows 10.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Amylove Loy, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

LOST PHOTOS & Music after Oct. 2018 Windoes update.

1. LOST PHOTOS & Music after Oct. 2018 Windoes update. - Similar Threads - LOST PHOTOS Music

2. lost photos and music

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lost photos and music: after an update, I have lost all my music and photos.....please, may I have them back? and thank you for your help donna satterfield https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-photos-and-music/72e96077-c23e-45d2-99fb-74b990abe801"
  3. No sound after Windows Update Oct 2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No sound after Windows Update Oct 2018: Why do I loss sound after the Windows 10 Oct 2018 update.? Even with the updated update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-after-windows-update-oct-2018/4844094d-87f9-47f1-ba26-a30bf7fcf929
  4. Lost Mail after Oct. update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost Mail after Oct. update.: Has anyone else lost Windows mail after the Oct. upgrade? When I click on mail icon in taskbar it advises nothing has arrived yet. There were over 60 in it before the upgrade and it does not load any new ones either. Any time the automatic updates arrive, some problem...
  5. Cookies problem after Oct 10, 2018 update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cookies problem after Oct 10, 2018 update: I understand the Oct 10th update supposedly fixed a 3rd party cookie problem in that when blocking these cookies was enabled, it did not block all of them. So a fix was implemented. Now however, my bill pay site of my financial institution no longer works unless I enable ALL...
  6. Windows 10 Oct 2018 updates

Windows 10 Oct 2018 updates: I have an Oct Win 10 2018 update pending. Its been downloaded and is waiting for restart. It downloaded on or about the 4 th of Oct 2018. Based on all the problems of this update recently, how do I keep this one from installing/updateing untill the "fix" for these bugs is...
  7. oct 2018 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    oct 2018 update: after i installed oct 2018 feature updates , when i use ms photos app and expand to full screen then enlarge, then click to hide toolbar at the top , the photo goes back to normal size. why????? any bug fixes?????...
  8. oct 2018 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    oct 2018 update: after i installed oct 2018 feature updates , when i use ms photos app and expand to full screen then enlarge, then click to hide toolbar at the top , the photo goes back to normal size. why????? any bug fixes?????...
  9. win update 1809 oct 2018

win update 1809 oct 2018: unable to upgrade on surface pro 5 from 1803 to 1809 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/win-update-1809-oct-2018/0c5b5099-cdeb-419a-adcc-be3a83bc145a
  10. oct 2018 update question

oct 2018 update question: everybody is talking about the October 2018 update (which I don't think I got) today I updated to build 18252 from build 17763 heres my question.... 1. what is the oct update 2. does build 18252 overwrite the oct update...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. agustin de Ibern