Windows 10: lost photos

Discus and support lost photos in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since my last Windows 10 update, all my photos have disappeared. Have tried all suggestions, no luck. Can anyone help please Thanks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JackSexton, Jun 3, 2019.

1. lost photos

Since my last Windows 10 update, all my photos have disappeared.

Have tried all suggestions, no luck.

Can anyone help please

Thanks.

:)

JackSexton, Jun 3, 2019
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done lost photos :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jun 3, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Jun 3, 2019
  4. lost photos

The 'Photos' app for photo viewing has disappeared.

I do not understand this, when I returned to the PC later today my original settings had returned to the start screen, including one other tile which I had also lost but had not yet re-instated. Also the original list of 'All apps' had returned to the start
    screen, including 'Photos'. There is nothing that I am aware of having done that should have caused the original disappearance of some apps from the 'All apps' list and their associated tiles, or that could have caused them to return.

It has therefore been unnecessary to follow your suggested steps, though I have done so anyway and it works as suggested. Note that I had followed your steps 1 & 2 earlier which is why I knew 'Photos' had not disappeared from the PC but was simply not
    visible on the 'All apps' list and hence my inability to re-pin the tile.

Thank you for your reply and understanding my frustration.

Frustrated - Belfast, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

lost photos

1. lost photos - Similar Threads - lost photos

2. Photos lost after changing default location of Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos lost after changing default location of Pictures folder: I just did a clean install of windows 11 and noticed my user folder name had a typo. Searched how to rename it, found this tutorial and followed it. https://www.elevenforum.com/t/change-name-of-user-profile-folder-in-windows-11.2133/ After having done that, now with a...
  3. Photos lost after changing default location of Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos lost after changing default location of Pictures folder: I just did a clean install of windows 11 and noticed my user folder name had a typo. Searched how to rename it, found this tutorial and followed it. https://www.elevenforum.com/t/change-name-of-user-profile-folder-in-windows-11.2133/ After having done that, now with a...
  4. In the last unnecessary update in Photo gallery certain information is lost after I crop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In the last unnecessary update in Photo gallery certain information is lost after I crop...: In the last unnecessary update in Photo gallery certain information is lost after I crop and save photos as a new image. I want my GPS information to be retained as I upload images to Inaturalist but it disappears. Can you change that?...
  5. In the last unnecessary update in Photo gallery certain information is lost after I crop...

In the last unnecessary update in Photo gallery certain information is lost after I crop...: In the last unnecessary update in Photo gallery certain information is lost after I crop and save photos as a new image. I want my GPS information to be retained as I upload images to Inaturalist but it disappears. Can you change that?...
  6. all my photos lost image identity , the tiles are one the same image, have to double...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all my photos lost image identity , the tiles are one the same image, have to double...: all my photos /placed on desktop and saved in C drive / lost image identity , all the tiles are one and the same image now, have to double click to see the actual pictures...... all look like that ???...
  7. all my photos lost image identity , the tiles are one the same image, have to double...

all my photos lost image identity , the tiles are one the same image, have to double...: all my photos /placed on desktop and saved in C drive / lost image identity , all the tiles are one and the same image now, have to double click to see the actual pictures...... all look like that ???...
  8. all my photos lost image identity , the tiles are one the same image, have to double...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. I lost all my photos and they're not in my recycle bin either, is there a way to recover them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost all my photos and they're not in my recycle bin either, is there a way to recover them?: I was recently trying to free up space on my laptop and I think I may have accidentally permanently deleted my photos. I checked in my recycle bin but there was nothing there, I tried right clicking on my photos tab and seeing if "restore previous versions" would work but...
  10. I lost all my photos and they're not in my recycle bin either, is there a way to recover them?

I lost all my photos and they're not in my recycle bin either, is there a way to recover them?: I was recently trying to free up space on my laptop and I think I may have accidentally permanently deleted my photos. I checked in my recycle bin but there was nothing there, I tried right clicking on my photos tab and seeing if "restore previous versions" would work but...