Windows 10: Lost "Pin to Start Screen" and other options, can't drag icon to Start

Discus and support Lost "Pin to Start Screen" and other options, can't drag icon to Start in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Start Screen very weird recently. I can't drag icon app to Start, I can't drag to organize app on Start, when I right click on app, only "More"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by truongkechun, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Lost "Pin to Start Screen" and other options, can't drag icon to Start

My Start Screen very weird recently. I can't drag icon app to Start, I can't drag to organize app on Start, when I right click on app, only "More" appears, other options just gone, can anyone help me, it's so annoying.

Lost "Pin to Start Screen" and other options, can't drag icon to Start [​IMG]

Lost "Pin to Start Screen" and other options, can't drag icon to Start [​IMG]

:)

truongkechun, Feb 18, 2016

2. Unable to unpin, resize or rename tiles on Windows 10 Start menu

If "Pin to Start" option is missing in the right-click menu, and if you can't customize your Start screen, the Start layout Policy may have been set. If your system is not part of a domain, check out these links for more information.

[Fix] Pin to Start Option Missing in Windows 10

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/pin-to-start-missing-windows/

(Logoff and login back after applying the registry edit)

Lost "Pin to Start Screen" and other options, can't drag - Microsoft Community

Lost "Pin to Start Screen" and other options, can't drag icon to Start

Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 18, 2016
  3. Cannot Pin or Unpin Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu.

Thanks it Solved the problem.

DebjitDas_86, Feb 18, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Run a system file check to look for corrupt files. It will try to do repair if any found.

Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

davidhk, Feb 18, 2016
  5. *Sad

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

truongkechun, Feb 18, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Run a Repair Install.
    You can keep your files, settings and apps.
    No product key is needed.
    Activation is automatic.

If you don't have the iso created, use this Tech Bench link and download the Windows 10 iso file:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...brrWLRbagYCa0w

scroll down to Select Edition > click the pointer at the right and select Windows 10 > click Confirm.
    click the pointer and select Language > make sure you pick the same language the computer is now running > click Confirm
    select the bit version, 32 or 64-bit. Make sure you select the same bit version as the computer is now running.
    at the bottom, click the pointer next to Save > click Save As > navigate to a folder of your choice > click the chosen folder > click Save
    The iso will start downloading to your chosen folder.

When it is done, go to that folder > open the folder > right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe
    Installation will begin.
    It will allow you to keep you files, settings and apps.
    No product key is required.
    Activation will be automatic.

davidhk, Feb 18, 2016
  7. truongkechun, Feb 19, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Lost "Pin to Start Screen" and other options, can't drag icon to Start - Similar Threads - Lost Pin Start

2. Start pin screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start pin screen: I would like to add a few of my downloaded apps to the start pin screen . Also if I want to remove something from this screen how do i do this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-pin-screen/bf68f214-4814-4f35-975e-2de75de94297
  3. Start pin screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start pin screen: I would like to add a few of my downloaded apps to the start pin screen . Also if I want to remove something from this screen how do i do this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-pin-screen/bf68f214-4814-4f35-975e-2de75de94297
  4. Start pin screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Start menu pinned tiles lost

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu pinned tiles lost: Hello to all, Yesterday I have done the following Windows update: https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/4551762/windows-10-update-kb4551762 Now I see that I also moved to Version 1909, too. … and ever since all my pinned programs in the Start menu are gone not the...
  6. Other user accounts lost start menu pins

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Other user accounts lost start menu pins: So this morning I turn on and manually check store for app updates as usual. Then I start to login to the other family user accounts on the pc like I often do to check said app updates still work. I was a little concerned to see on all user accounts (apart from mine) that all...
  7. No Pin To Start Option

in Windows 10 Support
    No Pin To Start Option: [img] No system restore point. What happened is that I installed an app and I accidentally clicked "Install" for a chrome plug-in. It removed some shortcuts on my start menu and I was just "Okay. I'll just pin them again." And at this point I already scheduled a chkdsk...
  8. No Option to Pin to Start

in Windows 10 Support
    No Option to Pin to Start: Hey guys. no matter what I try, I'm unable to pin to start - this is the standard 10240 build. Win 10 Pro (my desktop) I believe I had the ability to pin in the past but now all of a sudden it just doesn't exist. Even if I drag is shows a circle with a cross through...
  9. Lost <winkey+x> and <right-click> on start icon + can't pin to taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost <winkey+x> and <right-click> on start icon + can't pin to taskbar: Up until several hours ago, I could either press the Windows key ("winkey") + X, or <right-click> on the Windows icon at the left end of the task bar to pop up a very handy menu. Clicking on the Windows icon still pops open the Start Menu, though. Also, I can no longer pin...
  10. Can't pin some items in Start Menu to Start Screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't pin some items in Start Menu to Start Screen?: Any of the items under games in this screen shot will not pin to my Start Screen? They will pin to my taskbar though. It's windows 10 Enterprise if that matters. I can right click and select Pin to Start, but nothing happens. Right click again and Pin To Start is still listed...