Windows 10: Lost Pin

Discus and support Lost Pin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I've lost the pin on my laptop, there is no outlook account or key created for recovery can I just reset it. It has no data of value. It's a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by 1953 Indian, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Lost Pin

Hello,

I've lost the pin on my laptop, there is no outlook account or key created for recovery can I just reset it. It has no data of value.

It's a Pavilion DV5 with Windows10. Actually I changed the pin after resetting Windows to sell the laptop and it's not what I thought I reset it to.

I have the recovery USB stick but the Bios in this PC has no reference to change boot device.

Thanks,

Curt

:)

1953 Indian, Feb 15, 2021
  2. ROCKIEBOW Win User

SYNCING EMAILS AND FINDING LOST PIN NUMBER

I cant get my emails to sync because ive lost my 2 step pin number and my windows password doesn't seem to work,but my Microsoft passwords work ok .Any suggestions ?

ROCKIEBOW, Feb 15, 2021
  3. JayPhi Win User
    Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Ruz San Win User

Lost Pin

Lost the ability to log into Windows 10 with PIN

Hi Przemyslaw,

Some system components may be missing or corrupted, causing the problem you are facing to occur. Before we can fully address this, please answer some things so we can understand this better:

• Did this start after updates were installed on the computer?
    • Does the same situation happen when you add a pin as your sign-in option in Windows Settings?

Since you have tried adding the option in Control Panel, let's see if there will be a difference when we do it in Windows Settings. Follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Add.

You can also try the suggestions posted by John Rubdy on this

page

Let us know if the steps above help you set up a PIN on your computer.

Regards.

Ruz San, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Lost Pin

1. Lost Pin - Similar Threads - Lost Pin

2. Lost my pin for my Microsoft Account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost my pin for my Microsoft Account.: Is it possible to change my pin if I have lost it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-my-pin-for-my-microsoft-account/d1f9e7c3-748d-4404-8806-7fe3d2aa8b9a
  3. Lost my pin for my Microsoft Account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost my pin for my Microsoft Account.: Is it possible to change my pin if I have lost it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-my-pin-for-my-microsoft-account/d1f9e7c3-748d-4404-8806-7fe3d2aa8b9a
  4. Lost my pin for my Microsoft Account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I lost my pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost my pin: I've seen a fix for this problem I restarted my pc and now the pin is gone and I have no Internet access and the only way to fix it is through command but to get there it requires account password but it won't accept it I mean I used it and managed to sign in in my Microsoft...
  6. I lost my pin

I lost my pin: I've seen a fix for this problem I restarted my pc and now the pin is gone and I have no Internet access and the only way to fix it is through command but to get there it requires account password but it won't accept it I mean I used it and managed to sign in in my Microsoft...
  7. I lost my pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. New hardware - lost PIN recovery email address - 30 day wait?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New hardware - lost PIN recovery email address - 30 day wait?: I have replaced my motherboard and processor. After restarting my system, Windows wants me to enter a new PIN for security reasons. Normally that's not a problem, but the recovery email address I've put in years ago seems to have expired : Changing to a new recovery email...
  9. New hardware - lost PIN recovery email address - 30 day wait?

New hardware - lost PIN recovery email address - 30 day wait?: I have replaced my motherboard and processor. After restarting my system, Windows wants me to enter a new PIN for security reasons. Normally that's not a problem, but the recovery email address I've put in years ago seems to have expired : Changing to a new recovery email...
  10. Cannot use Lenovo Gaming Pc due to lost password and pin.

Cannot use Lenovo Gaming Pc due to lost password and pin.: My son created a new Microsoft account on his Lenovo Legion laptop, which he has not used for about 4 months. Unfortunately, he does not remember any of his sign-in details. And since he does not have access to the email associated with the account, he cannot reset it. We...