Windows 10: Lost Power Icon on Windows 10 Taskbar and Power Button in Settings has a Wifi Picture

Discus and support Lost Power Icon on Windows 10 Taskbar and Power Button in Settings has a Wifi Picture in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just lost my power icon on my Windows 10 PC in the last few days. I did some research and found how to turn it back on, but the problem is that it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ABaker, Nov 13, 2019.

1. ABaker Win User

Lost Power Icon on Windows 10 Taskbar and Power Button in Settings has a Wifi Picture

I just lost my power icon on my Windows 10 PC in the last few days. I did some research and found how to turn it back on, but the problem is that it is already on and the icon in settings now as a wifi/Network picture. I think something got messed up with the last update. My computer has updated again since, but still the issue is not fixed. Also, I was going to attach a picture, however when I click on Insert Picture in this forum then Upload nothing happens.

:)

ABaker, Nov 13, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Power Settings

We would like to know what troubleshooting steps have you done so far. This will help us isolate the issue and provide the appropriate resolution for it.

In the meantime, we suggest following the methods below if you've not tried it yet:

Method 1:

Enable Fast Startup

• Open Cortana and search for Control Panel.
    • Click Power Options from the list on Control Panel window. (If the Power option is not on the list, make sure that the items are viewed by Large or small icons. This is located at the upper right corner of the window.) 
    • Click on the Choose what the power buttons do under the Control Panel Home on the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (Enter the admin credentials if prompted).
    • Beside the option When I press power button:, select
      Shutdown from the down drop list.
    • Put a check mark on the Turn on fast startup (Recommended) box.
    • Click Save changes.
    • Restart the computer and check if issue will be resolve.

Method 2:

Customize Power options

If issue persists, try the following steps and check if it works:

• Open Cortana and search for Control Panel.
    • Click Power Options from the list on Control Panel window. (If the Power option is not on the list, make sure that the items are viewed by Large or small icons. This is located at the upper right corner of the window.) 
    • Click on Choose when to turn off display from the left pane.
    • Choose Restore default settings for this plan.
    • Click on Change advance power settings.
    • Scroll down and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Expand Power button actions.
    • Click on the Setting and set it to Shut down.
    • Click Apply and Ok, then check if it resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Mayra Aqu, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Power Icon missing from taskbar

I have a HP touchscreen laptop running Windows 10 that I bought two months ago. The power icon disappeared from the taskbar about a week ago. I have tried suggestions from google searching, but the power setting is grayed out and
    I can't find a way to fix it.

MishelaKeys, Nov 13, 2019
  4. Lost Power Icon on Windows 10 Taskbar and Power Button in Settings has a Wifi Picture

windows 10 power icon

Hi ambermitchell2..

Select Start > Settings > Personalization > Taskbar, and then scroll down to the notification area. Choose Select which icons appear on the taskbar, and then turn on the Power toggle. (Note: The Power toggle is not visible on a system such as a desktop PC that
    doesn't use battery power.) If you still don't see the battery icon, select Show hidden icons on the taskbar, and then select the battery icon.

On a device that uses battery power, if you select Start > Settings > Personalization > Taskbar and the Power toggle is greyed out or not visible, in the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, and then select Device Manager in the list of results.
    Under Batteries, right-click the battery for your device, select Disable, and select Yes. Wait a few seconds, and then right-click the battery and select Enable. Then restart your device.

If you select Start > Settings > Personalization > Taskbar and turn on the Power toggle, but the battery icon does not appear on the taskbar, in the search box on the taskbar, type task manager, and then select Task Manager in the list of results. On the Processes
    tab under Name, right-click Explorer, and then select Restart.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/402734...

vanshitavanshita, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

Lost Power Icon on Windows 10 Taskbar and Power Button in Settings has a Wifi Picture

1. Lost Power Icon on Windows 10 Taskbar and Power Button in Settings has a Wifi Picture - Similar Threads - Lost Power Icon

2. Power button settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power button settings: If i were to set the power button to do nothing when pressed located in change what closing the lid does settings if i were to shutdown the computer can i still use the power button to turn it on?...
  3. Power button settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power button settings: If i were to set the power button to do nothing when pressed located in change what closing the lid does settings if i were to shutdown the computer can i still use the power button to turn it on?...
  4. Power icon not showing on taskbar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power icon not showing on taskbar.: So I use a Dell Vostro 14 3000 (with windows 10 obviously) and lately I've noticed that my Battery icon does not show on the taskbar towards the right with all the other icons. I've gone to the Personalize part of settings into the notifications area to toggle the battery...
  5. Power icon has disappeared from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power icon has disappeared from the taskbar: I've double-checked my taskbar settings and the power icon is on. Yet I can bring it up only from the "hidden icons." How can I get it back into the taskbar?...
  6. Battery/power icon on taskbar

Battery/power icon on taskbar: help please. The battery icon in Turn system icons on or off is on, but it is gray, not blue. I don't have it on my taskbar. I followed every idea available, but have failed to get on my task bar. I had it earlier, but when I restarted for an update, it disappeared and I...
  7. Power Button Setting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Button Setting: I have an Acer Aspire 3 and set the power button to shut down when pressed, on both battery and plugged in status. Changes were saved and it still has those settings - but it doesn't work. Nothing at all happens when I press the power button. This setting has worked on...
  8. Returning power icon to taskbar

Returning power icon to taskbar: Hi, Hope someone can help with this. Somehow my power indicator icon has disappeared from the taskbar. I looked at the various icons somewhere in Settings and it showed that the power indicator was ON...however..I can't click on it as it's shaded grey for some reason, as...
  9. Power icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Power icon on taskbar: The power icon, which isn't being displayed on the taskbar, is not selectable in the SETTINGS area, as described here... System Icons - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums What can be done to make it available? 10957
  10. Power Buttons on Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Buttons on Taskbar?: Is there a way to put a shortcut on the taskbar that would perform a shutdown when clicked? And another one that would perform a restart? 37232