Windows 10: Lost power while updating

Discus and support Lost power while updating in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I lost power while KB5005565 was installing. It hadn't restarted yet, but was installing per the Windows Update window. Now I get an error every time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sgjohnson1981, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Lost power while updating

I lost power while KB5005565 was installing. It hadn't restarted yet, but was installing per the Windows Update window. Now I get an error every time it tries to install.

:)

sgjohnson1981, Sep 19, 2021

2. Lost Power, now PC won't boot. Powers on and clicks.

I had tried both of those steps. Neither worked. I have a replacement power supply on order. Should be here on Monday. Thanks for the suggestions.

musiclover7, Sep 19, 2021
  3. jds63 Win User
    Lost Power, now PC won't boot. Powers on and clicks.

Hope for sure it is the Power Supply without testing it and the checking the Graphics Card.

jds63, Sep 19, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

Lost power while updating

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Sep 19, 2021
Thema:

Lost power while updating

1. Lost power while updating - Similar Threads - Lost power while

2. How to recover files lost after laptop lost power while updating to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover files lost after laptop lost power while updating to Windows 10: Laptop that was dependent on power cable got unplugged halfway through updating to Windows 10. The hard drive is still functional. I tried connecting the hard drive to another computer with a SATA cable but all the files are scrambled and I am unable to access them.There are...
  3. How to recover files lost after laptop lost power while updating to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover files lost after laptop lost power while updating to Windows 10: Laptop that was dependent on power cable got unplugged halfway through updating to Windows 10. The hard drive is still functional. I tried connecting the hard drive to another computer with a SATA cable but all the files are scrambled and I am unable to access them.There are...
  4. Power cut off while updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power cut off while updating: Hello, just 20 minutes ago I was updating windows 11 to 22621.1702 build and when it was 70-80% the power cut off so after the power got on I turned on the PC as it started updating from 33% and finished the update in less than 1 minute and everything seems fine, what can I...
  5. Power cut off while updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power cut off while updating: Hello, just 20 minutes ago I was updating windows 11 to 22621.1702 build and when it was 70-80% the power cut off so after the power got on I turned on the PC as it started updating from 33% and finished the update in less than 1 minute and everything seems fine, what can I...
  6. Pc lost power while runningwhole house had a power outage for like 2,3 seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc lost power while runningwhole house had a power outage for like 2,3 seconds: Hello so i have a quick question about this.So today i had a power outage that lasted like 2 seconds and that happened while the pc was on,i was watching a youtube video when that happened,nothing was dowloading nor writting to any disk, altho 2 apps were open steam,battle...
  7. PC lost power during update:

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC lost power during update:: Hello, I was updating my pc but during the update a somebody else came and shut it down without realising this would cause major issues. Im trying to update again, but the pc is now very slow and if after reinstalling the update it is still slow, is there a way to fix the...
  8. Windows 10 update lost power

Windows 10 update lost power: I was doing an upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 and lost power. when i try to reboot it comes up in bios with the error 'reboot and select proper boot device'. I have managed to get a copy of the windows 10 ISO installation file but it cannot find the C drive to...
  9. power outage while updating

power outage while updating: while updating, (about 85% complete) there was a power outage and when rebooting i got the message "C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop" is unavailable. I tried windows button with I but nothing happened, i bought the computer with the software already loaded and...
  10. Laptop Lost Power

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Lost Power: Hi I was using my Laptop, Dell Vostro 1000, and it shut down. I pushed the power button and nothing happened, so I did the following: Checked the wall outlet. Removed the battery and tried to power it up with the power adapter. Replaced the power adapter. Tried to power...