Windows 10: Lost Privileges to all folders and files

Discus and support Lost Privileges to all folders and files in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've explored this forum and found people attempting to solve this issue already such as Solved Windows 10 says I don't have permission to save... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Yekim, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Yekim Win User

Lost Privileges to all folders and files

I've explored this forum and found people attempting to solve this issue already such as

Solved Windows 10 says I don't have permission to save anything. - Windows 10 Forums

However I am still running into an issue with Writing into about 50% of the folders in my C:\

Two things could have possibly occurred to cause this issue,
    1: I signed into my Microsoft account and from there out it wanted me to login to it to log into my PC, so I removed my Microsoft account
    2: I shared a file to the OneDrive using the Microsoft account above.

There are multiple folders that the only thing I can do when I right click in it and go to "New" is make a new folder, no other options.

When I right click on the folder and go to Properties, Security tab, and try and change the settings for Users or administrators, I get the following error

Code: An error occurred while applying security informationg to: C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\Connections_incoming.txt Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied.[/quote] The above error applies to a lot of folders (but not all of them)

My User account named is an administrator and the only account on my computer.

I've tried elevating to administrator and changing the folder but it does not work.

So basically what I'm looking to do is to either give access to all files/folders on my computer to the User '' or to properly give him administrator. Even though it does say he is already a local administrator it does not seem to apply.

:)

Yekim, Dec 22, 2015

2. Lost all files and folders while trying to check and repair the disk on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for responding and updating the status of this issue.

We appreciate your interest and effort spent in resolving the issue.

Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 22, 2015
  3. Lost all files and folders while trying to check and repair the disk on Windows 10

Hi,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • What exactly have you tried to perform to resolve the issues with repair disk error message?

There might be an temporary profile corruption issues on your computer while trying to repair the disk. Let us try to recover the profile and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to boot the system in Safe mode with Networking and check if the issue persists.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 2: From the safe mode, try to uncheck the option to enter the password for the user account.

Follow:

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type netplwiz and click on Ok.
    • Uncheck the option: User must enter the username and password to use the computer

Try to restart the computer in Normal mode and check if it helps you to boot to previous profile.

Step 3: Follow the below steps to
    place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as
      Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 22, 2015
  4. Yekim Win User

Update: I was able to return access to my folders, albeit a tedious process because it was nearly my entire C:\ drive. I had to go folder by folder as an elevated administrator and grant access to my User to get him full modify privileges again.

There are still some things I am uncertain of:
    -Will I run into issues in the future with new installed programs.
    -Why is my account labeled as an administrator, all files/folders giving administrators full access, and yet my user can not access them.

Going to keep digging and slowly changing the access to all the folders on my PC.

Yekim, Dec 22, 2015
  5. Yekim Win User
    Well a New issue as arose from this.

It seems whenever a new program gets installed, my main and only user does not get admin privileges.

Would appreciate guidance into what to research on how to fix this problem.

Yekim, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Lost Privileges to all folders and files - Similar Threads - Lost Privileges folders

2. Lost Files / Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Files / Folders: When I open my computer this morning, I've noticed that my desktop was new without my Files and Folders in the desktop so I'm thinking because of the update. So, I've looked on my files in other folder and cut and paste in the current desktop but after couple of minutes, my...
  3. Lost Administrator privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost Administrator privileges: I randomly lost my administrator privileges and I am 100% sure I was a administrator since it's my computer and I was the only user up until a few days ago. I was able to access everything just fine. I created a user for my sister a few days ago and now I am just noticing...
  4. lost all files and folders after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    lost all files and folders after update: Have lost all my files, iTunes songs, photos, cant log into my email. I cant do a restore point as it doesn't recognize anything past the update point of today. I don't know what to do, please help...
  5. Lost admin privileges

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost admin privileges: I was downloading a game when i accidentally turned my computer off. I turned it back on and i had lost my admin privileges. I've tried making a new admin account which doesn't work for some reason. Does anyone know what i should do? submitted by /u/PeepMcChicky [link]...
  6. lost admin privileges?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    lost admin privileges?: Good evening., I don't know why I lost admin privlages, but I cant get on task manager, I cant download, I cant "run as administrator, although I am signed in on an administrator account, which I had just set up a new one and signed out of the old one because of the issue I...
  7. lost all my administrative privileges

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost all my administrative privileges: i had logged into my windows 10 with my microsoft account.then it became nearly impossible to remove this account from my pc so that i set up a local account now.since that day all the yes button are grayed out .i cant change my account typt, nothing .i have done everything...
  8. Administrator privilege lost

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator privilege lost: After 5 years as owner/single user of my W10 desktop, now I cannot access Device Manager. I get "This app has been blocked for your protection". Could a recent update have caused this? How can I reclaim my administrator's privileges?...
  9. lost all windows privilege

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    lost all windows privilege: i'm not at my home right now, nor i will be for the next 8h, but i remember getting access denied al night long..traying to remove permissions and claiming my drives..
  10. Lost all permissions and control of files/folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost all permissions and control of files/folders: Hi all, earlier I plugged in the hard drive from my wife's PC into my own PC (both windows 10) so I could try to recover some files from it (as it's currently not booting into windows). As soon as I booted my PC back up I could see the second hard drive was there but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my documents lost privleges