Windows 10: lost programs

Discus and support lost programs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently downloaded windows 10. how do I recover lost photoshop elements 15?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidLemke2, Mar 12, 2019.

1. lost programs

I recently downloaded windows 10. how do I recover lost photoshop elements 15?

:)

DavidLemke2, Mar 12, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Mar 12, 2019
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done lost programs :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

lost programs

lost program/

Hi,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Have you installed any third party security software installed in windows 10?
    • Is the issue specific with particular app/many apps?
    • Have you installed the app from Windows store/any other source?
    You may try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

Check whether the app is installed in Windows store and control panel. Follow the below steps to uninstall program from the control panel.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select Control panel.
    • Click on Uninstall a program.
    • Check whether the application is listed in the list of installed apps.
    You may try to open Windows store and check whether the app is listed in installed apps (if the app is downloaded from Windows store)

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

lost programs

1. lost programs - Similar Threads - lost programs

2. Lost all my programs and user files on Windows 10 Pro after computer restarted and I fixed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost all my programs and user files on Windows 10 Pro after computer restarted and I fixed...: My laptop motherboard failed, I used a new laptop to mount the old HDD drive with Win 10 Pro OS partition and boot from it. It worked and I got into Windows however ALL my previously installed programs were gone and all my user profile files were missing Documents, Downloads,...
  3. Lost all my programs and user files on Windows 10 Pro after computer restarted and I fixed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost all my programs and user files on Windows 10 Pro after computer restarted and I fixed...: My laptop motherboard failed, I used a new laptop to mount the old HDD drive with Win 10 Pro OS partition and boot from it. It worked and I got into Windows however ALL my previously installed programs were gone and all my user profile files were missing Documents, Downloads,...
  4. Lost all my programs and user files on Windows 10 Pro after computer restarted and I fixed...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Pinned start menu programs lost after upgrade to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinned start menu programs lost after upgrade to windows 11: I had a couple dozen programs pinned to my start menu in windows 10. I was forced into an upgrade to windows 11 recently and all my pinned start menu programs are gone and replaced by stuff I don't use. I don't remember everything I had pinned. Is there a way to recover this...
  6. Pinned start menu programs lost after upgrade to windows 11

Pinned start menu programs lost after upgrade to windows 11: I had a couple dozen programs pinned to my start menu in windows 10. I was forced into an upgrade to windows 11 recently and all my pinned start menu programs are gone and replaced by stuff I don't use. I don't remember everything I had pinned. Is there a way to recover this...
  7. if i switch off mine pc i wont lost the program am on mircrosoft edge

if i switch off mine pc i wont lost the program am on mircrosoft edge: thank you ever so much for sorting mine pc with mircrosort i appcaite so i wont lose mine programma on here if i switch it off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-switch-off-mine-pc-i-wont-lost-the-program-am/a7125dc8-566d-4736-bbb7-35b0de964e35
  8. if i switch off mine pc i wont lost the program am on mircrosoft edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    if i switch off mine pc i wont lost the program am on mircrosoft edge: thank you ever so much for sorting mine pc with mircrosort i appcaite so i wont lose mine programma on here if i switch it off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-switch-off-mine-pc-i-wont-lost-the-program-am/a7125dc8-566d-4736-bbb7-35b0de964e35
  9. if i switch off mine pc i wont lost the program am on mircrosoft edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. microsoft family features, when programs are closed, all keyboard function is lost,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft family features, when programs are closed, all keyboard function is lost,...: Hi,Im a big gamer, and sometimes it can take over. So recently i have been using the Microsoft family features to set 2 hour limits on my gaming, where as i had already used the login time restrictions before.My windows 10 pro computer loads correctly, i play the game i have...