Windows 10: Lost progress when going back to a previous build (certain files that are not system...

Discus and support Lost progress when going back to a previous build (certain files that are not system... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I updated to Windows 10 2004, but then decided to go back to my previous version which is 1903. I didn't lose any files, but my Minecraft (Bedrock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Examinedcat669, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Lost progress when going back to a previous build (certain files that are not system...

I updated to Windows 10 2004, but then decided to go back to my previous version which is 1903.

I didn't lose any files, but my Minecraft (Bedrock version) was taken back to 1.14. I had to update again to 1.16. I also lost world progress made in Windows 10 2004. I didn't lose a video file I created in Windows 10 2004, so I believe it's possible that this could just relate to applications and application related files. However, Minecraft worlds files are not stored in the application itself.

I would like to know if there is any way to recover the progress on files made in an updated version before going back to a previous version of Windows 10 (Minecraft worlds are files, but it's like they get updated or overwritten when playing which is why I say progress on files), or if updating again to W10 2004 would get them back to how they were before I went back.

Basically after going back to a previous Windows 10 version, how can I get files back to their state before I went back (their state in the updated version)?
    submitted by /u/Examinedcat669
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Examinedcat669, Jul 2, 2020

2. reverting to previous build/version

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue.

• When the computer did froze? Is it when you tried to roll back?
    • Did you receive any error message?
    I suggest you to remove all the external devices plugged in to the computer and check if it helps to resolve the issue. If the issue persists, please restart the computer and check whether it rolled back or not. If it loads Windows 10,
    I suggest you to download the latest ISO of Windows 10 and perform automatic repair.

Download Windows 10

Steps to perform repair:

a) Insert the installation DVD or USB
    and boot Windows 8 from it.

b) In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

c) Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

d) Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

If you really would like to rollback, I suggest you to refer the below article on How to go back to the previous operating system (Windows 7/8.1) from Windows 10.

How to recover a previous build(s) or your original version of Windows using the Recovery or Rollback feature - Revised July 23rd, 2015

How to recover a previous build(s) or your original version of Windows using the Recovery or Rollback feature - Revised July 22nd, 2018

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy

to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Reverting back to a previous build

Hi Tristin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that, you are in a frustrating situation, because your computer faces many issues with Windows 10 operating system.

I'd certainly help you, to resolve the issue.

For a better understanding of your issue, please answer these queries, mentioned below:

1. What is the exact reason, that you want to revert to previous build?

2. Do you receive any error code or error message?

3. What is the latest build installed on your system?

4. Have you made any changes on your system, prior to this issue?

5. What do you mean by "when I go to revert back to the normal Windows 10 until Windows 10 Insider"?

If you wish to revert back to the previous build on the Windows 10, no drivers and product key will be altered.

If you wish to revert back to the previous operating system, then all drivers, files and folders will be lost.

Please feel free to contact us with all information for a better resolution of your Issue and we would certainly help you.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Jul 2, 2020
  4. Lost progress when going back to a previous build (certain files that are not system...

windows 10 go back to previous version

Hi Danny,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Which operating system you had when you purchased your system?
    • What steps did you performed to go back to previous Windows?
    Please be informed that, if you perform a roll back your system go back to its previous version/build of windows.

And if you perform a Restore Factory settings it will removes everything and reinstall the version of Windows that came on your PC.

If you want to install Windows 8.1 again on your system you have to download an ISO and media creation tool and can install using this.

To get ISO of Windows 8.1 refer this:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Lost progress when going back to a previous build (certain files that are not system...

1. Lost progress when going back to a previous build (certain files that are not system... - Similar Threads - Lost progress going

2. If I go back to previous windows data would be lost or not?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I go back to previous windows data would be lost or not?: I havd exceeded the 10days to go back but i am getting the option to go back to previous windows what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-go-back-to-previous-windows-data-would-be/a56e1242-05a5-40ab-b1a4-63c7212d3e46
  3. If I go back to previous windows data would be lost or not?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I go back to previous windows data would be lost or not?: I havd exceeded the 10days to go back but i am getting the option to go back to previous windows what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-go-back-to-previous-windows-data-would-be/a56e1242-05a5-40ab-b1a4-63c7212d3e46
  4. I lost my personal files and can't go back to previous version!!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I lost my personal files and can't go back to previous version!!!!: Hi all, I updated my PC a few months ago and then hadn't used up until a few days ago. Most of my files are missing, and cannot go back to previous version because it's been more than 10 days. I updated again to see if it would revert the situation but still nothing. What...
  5. [ HELP ] Going back to previous Windows Build

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [ HELP ] Going back to previous Windows Build: Hi! So I installed the new windows build ( 2004 ) but unfortunately didn't read anything before doing it and that's why I have several issues now with this new update. I know that I can go back to the previous build but I want to know if I will lose any data and if it will...
  6. I want to go back to the previous operating system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I want to go back to the previous operating system: I want to go back to the previous operating system that I was using before 20th Feb 2020 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-go-back-to-the-previous-operating-system/15fb9100-b3b3-447b-bfab-3de3098ede7d
  7. Go back to previous

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Go back to previous: After recent Ten updates, this Toshiba Satellite M645 S 4070 is out of order. 1. wireless is unable to turn on. 2. touchpad and pointer stopped working. 3. unable to go to BIOS menu. they were working before the updates. After I reset Ten to previous version from...
  8. Problems with going back to previous build.

Problems with going back to previous build.: I was stuck in an infinite repair loop of troubleshoot. Tried all options and the only one that worked was "go back to previous build" that was 10 hours ago. Still waiting with that message on the screen. Loaded windows 10 worked for 5 minutes then when I tried to execute an...
  9. Going back to a previous build

Going back to a previous build: I have a Intel Compute Stick that is running WIN 10 Preview Edition. I would like to go back to the previous install. There are 2 files for old Win10 Installs, windows.old & windows.old (1) When I started to reinstall it gave me a warning "You Must have the password for...
  10. Go back to previous build

Go back to previous build: Hi, I have the flashing screen that I can't do anything with, so i followed the instructions on how uninstall windows 10, which were great easy to read, but never got to question 6. Choose an account - I only got error message WDF_VIOLATION.. Than rebooted and back to the...