Windows 10: Lost projects and files after an update.

Discus and support Lost projects and files after an update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I am a music producer and my computer got into sleep mode and then updated it self and after the update I lost all my projects, sample packs,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by noamnadel, Jun 12, 2020.

1. noamnadel Win User

Lost projects and files after an update.

Hello, I am a music producer and my computer got into sleep mode and then updated it self and after the update I lost all my projects, sample packs, Etc,

Is it happend to any one here? Do you know any solution? Really important!!!

Thanks you

:)

noamnadel, Jun 12, 2020

2. Paint 3D Projects not Appearing

Hi,

The location that you've provided is the default file storage for Paint 3D. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Have you tried browsing on the default file storage and open the project files in Open menu? If yes, what happens when opening the project files?
    • What do you mean about project.json does not point to any of the projects?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Windows apps troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step and check if the project files are visible in the Open menu. You can also try browsing the project files in the Open menu after running the troubleshooter.
    For your reference, check this article on how to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps.

We'll be waiting to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Files lost after Automatic Repair

Hi,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to refer the link provided below and check if it helps.

The files & folders from the previous operating system after the upgrade to Windows 10 might have been saved in the
    windows.old folder. Check if the lost files and folders are present in
    windows.old folder by following the steps below:

Step 1: Using Cortana

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard and type
      windows.old in the search box.

• Select the search result which shows folder and drive location of the program.

• Follow the file/folder path to check the contents of the same.

Step 2: Using Windows explorer

• Press Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard to open Windows Explorer.

• Click on This PC option from the left side panel of the window.

• Type windows.old in the Search This PC
      box located at the top right corner of the window.

• Follow the file/folder path to check the contents of the same.

Refer to the link below on Find lost files after the update to Windows 10 and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/find-lost-files-after-the-update-to-windows-10

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Lost folders on Update

Hi,

There are ways to recover some missing files on Windows 10. For us to help you recover them, we'd like to ask a few things. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you using an Administator account to search for the missing folders/files?
    • Are you able to find the missing files/folders using Search?
    • What specific files/folders are missing?

Meanwhile, as an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you check this
    article
    and follow the troubleshooting steps given.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Lost projects and files after an update. - Similar Threads - Lost projects files

2. Projection Settings are "lost" after reboot

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Projection Settings are "lost" after reboot: Hello, I am experiencing a strange problem after updating the drivers and BIOS on my laptop: my prefered setting is "second screen only" . after a reboot I get "duplicate" (de facto) however "second screen only stays selectedin blue. to fix this I need to move the selection...
  3. Files lost after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Files lost after update: I update win10 from 1709 to 20H2, and clean the system by dism++, include the old system. But I can not open programs such as notepad.exe/mspaint.exe. Maybe I deleted them all by mistake? How can I fix it?...
  4. Lost a file after Windows update!

Lost a file after Windows update!: I allowed auto update of Windows, but afterwards could no longer load Word or Excel because this file was missing: AppVlsvSubsystems32.dll ARRGGH! What do I do?...
  5. Lost all files after update

Lost all files after update: Hello, My computer recently did an update and now all my files are not there. My apps are still on the pc but they all need reinstalled. Also, when I look into the users folder there are only two files: TEMP &Public. And my profile isn't there. Even my wallpaper was...
  6. lost files after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lost files after update: my files disappeared after microsoft made automatic update. how can we get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-files-after-update/f4ba6af2-bb21-40a5-bb48-cb3c3e0c8433
  7. lost all files and folders after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    lost all files and folders after update: Have lost all my files, iTunes songs, photos, cant log into my email. I cant do a restore point as it doesn't recognize anything past the update point of today. I don't know what to do, please help...
  8. Lost files after latest Microsoft Update

Lost files after latest Microsoft Update: I have lost all my pictures and documents after Microsoft's lates update. This is the secount time this has happend, I was able to get a friend to restore, but hate asking AGAIN!! Why does this keep happening and how do I retrieve all my missing documents, files, photos,...
  9. Lost Files After Updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost Files After Updating: I cleared space so I could update. After updating I couldn't sign it, b/c my User Profile failed to load. When It did indeed load, all of my files were gone. My whole livelihood is on the PC. What should I do? Has this happened to anyone else? submitted by /u/Ginola331...
  10. Lost files after win 10 update.

Lost files after win 10 update.: I recently lost ALL my files after another Windows update,, I had noticed a little while back that my shortcuts were not working... and that for some reason all my files were in a directory called Windows.old.. I was trying to work out how they were there,, and then now...