Windows 10: Lost Quicken user data after Windows update

Discus and support Lost Quicken user data after Windows update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am a Quicken user and the last upgrade to my computer caused a loss of stored memory to this program. I'm not sure how this happened as I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KennethManchester, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Lost Quicken user data after Windows update

I am a Quicken user and the last upgrade to my computer caused a loss of stored memory to this program. I'm not sure how this happened as I have a external hard drive I use to backup all info on. I lost over a months worth of info. I've tried unsuccessfully to retrieve this info from the drive. .

***Original title: Windows updates***

:)

KennethManchester, Aug 12, 2019
  2. kenw100 Win User

OneDrive, sharing Quicken data file between users

I use Onedrive to share a Quicken data file between two users. I have the main file, and I share it with the other computer. When the other computer enters data, sometimes it's lost when she leaves the program
    and returns to it.Does anyone have any help?

***Original title: Onedrive and Quicken***

kenw100, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Error Code 2503 comes up when uninstalling Quicken. Unable to uninstall quicken. How do I correct this problem?

Hello,

• How did you try to uninstall Quicken?

Kindly try the steps below and check if this helps.

• Using the Windows search feature, look for Control Panel.
    • Click Control Panel Desktop app to open.
    • Choose Programs.
    • Under Programs and Features, click on Uninstall a Program.
    • Find Quicken in the list of programs. They are alphabetically ordered. Highlight it by clicking on it once.
    • Click on Uninstall at the top of the list and follow through the prompts until the program is removed.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to contact Quicken support regarding this matter for assistance.

Here is the link:
    http://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken?scid=qkn_cntctus_gen82227

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Lost Quicken user data after Windows update

Quicken 2016 won't start unless accessing as: "run as Administrator" on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Quicken 2016 on Windows 10, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Is this issue confined only with Quicken 2016 application?
    • How have you installed this application?
    • Have you installed any third-party anti-virus software of your system?
    • Do let us know if your administrator account is a Microsoft account?

As a basic troubleshooting, I suggest you to disable the anti-virus software if any installed and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check with the User Account Settings.

• Press Windows key, type user account control, select
      Change User Account Control settings.
    • Set notification to Never notify, click Ok
      and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: This issue might have also occurred due to compatibility issues on Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the program, download from the manufacturer's website and try to install it in compatible mode on Windows 10.

Steps to uninstall.

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.
    • Select Programs and Features.
    • Right click on Quicken 2016 application.
    • Select Uninstall,

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated application from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the application installation file and select
      Properties
      then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the application and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Lost Quicken user data after Windows update

1. Lost Quicken user data after Windows update - Similar Threads - Lost Quicken user

2. After clicking on Hidden on the user, lost data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After clicking on Hidden on the user, lost data: I tried to see hidden files. Opened Explorer and on user clicked on hidde.Now all documents, pictures disappeared. In explorer, I do not see any users except User\Public...
  3. After clicking on Hidden on the user, lost data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After clicking on Hidden on the user, lost data: I tried to see hidden files. Opened Explorer and on user clicked on hidde.Now all documents, pictures disappeared. In explorer, I do not see any users except User\Public...
  4. After clicking on Hidden on the user, lost data

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Data Lost After Windows Updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Data Lost After Windows Updates: After an update, it seems that some of my information is lost. I have lost all my pictures, apps, security app, etc. Why does this keep happening and what can I do to prevent it in the future? [Original Title: windows updates]...
  6. Lost data after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost data after windows update: An unfortunate series of events ended with me losing some important files after a windows 10 update version 1909. Steps to reproduce: 1: After the initial update, my computer rebooted to a nearly clean desktop. Missing 90% of my desktop seemed to only contains certain...
  7. data lost after win10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    data lost after win10 update: Hello. I have just recognised that lots ot my folders and files disappeared documents, pictures, ect about 2-3 Gb after a windows 10 update. I tried everything what the communities adviced, hidden files, phantom user, restart indexing, ect., but only a few broken doc and...
  8. Lost User Folder/Data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost User Folder/Data: Hi! Please pardon my total and complete ignorance! I noticed my user folder name was truncated or so I thought from Gaston to Gasto . I tried renaming it and ended up having to reload all my apps and links. that didn't work. I noticed it was truncated to "gasto" again...
  9. lost user after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost user after update: I updated windows which had not been done recently and my desktops disappeared. The data is in the User directory but the desktop has disappeared for the user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-user-after-update/88ba9c3f-bf77-4dd9-9c14-374ce51965e1
  10. OneDrive, sharing Quicken data file between users

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OneDrive, sharing Quicken data file between users: I use Onedrive to share a Quicken data file between two users. I have the main file, and I share it with the other computer. When the other computer enters data, sometimes it's lost when she leaves the program and returns to it.Does anyone have any help? ***Original...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. quicken 2016 cannot open after windows update

2. quicken 2019 update deleted all my data