Windows 10: Lost Read/Write Permissions for DVD. Security tab is gone, group policy is properly...

Discus and support Lost Read/Write Permissions for DVD. Security tab is gone, group policy is properly... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; TL;DR, what happened to OP in this post, but with a disk instead of a micro SD card.Picked up a new pack of 8.5 GB DVD-R disks for writing project... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by HaydenViola, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Lost Read/Write Permissions for DVD. Security tab is gone, group policy is properly...

TL;DR, what happened to OP in this post, but with a disk instead of a micro SD card.Picked up a new pack of 8.5 GB DVD-R disks for writing project files to. Saved a number of files to one of the disks, everything seemed to be running fine. A couple weeks later, I go to run some of the programs I had saved on the disc that previously worked as intended. Programs won't boot because I don't have read/write permissions for the disk. I check the folder properties and it's in read-only mode. Go to untick the read-only box, authorize it as admin, but I get "access is denied." I check drive properties

:)

HaydenViola, Oct 21, 2021
  2. ancient Win User

No Option to Read Group Policy for Admin?

Hi All
    Can someone please confirm how to grant Read Access to Group Policy.
    This is for existing Admins, who can create new Policies.( I have also added the Read only permission on the Delegation tab).
    When we were on Server 2008r2 we could just right click and edit, this would open the policy but values for changes were greyed out....this is what I want to have again.
    Since we have updated to Server 2019, the edit option is greyed out?
    I need to have read option for certain users and read / writes for specific users, the read/write access works fine.

For the Read Only....the only way to see the details for the policy, is to select the Settings section.

Help appreciated.
    Thanks.

ancient, Oct 21, 2021
  3. AnnoPZ Win User
    Help folders are read only, can't change attribute no security tab, no group editor Windows 10 Home

Hi all,

I recently lost a hard drive and got a new portable hard drive. My backups were cloned and copied to the hard drive (I keep my data on protable drives) However, I now have the problem that the folders on this drive are read only. When I change the attribute
    to not read only, it doesn't stick and the file remains read only. It is admin account and I have Windows 10 Home.

I can't use the fixes I've found which are: change permission with security tab (no security tab), to add a security tab, it is recommended to use group policy editor. However, group policy editor been disabled in the Home version. I've tried installing
    it but it doesn't work.

I would prefer to have a security tab and be able to change this files.

I'm very frustrated and I'd appreciate any help I could get.

AnnoPZ, Oct 21, 2021
  4. NielsF Win User

Lost Read/Write Permissions for DVD. Security tab is gone, group policy is properly...

Read/Write Permissions

L.S

I own a Windows 10 64x system and sadly it includes a Read/Write problem.

- Example one: When i try to edit the Group Policy "User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode", which is located in: <Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options>, I get an |Acces Denied| message.

This also happens when I try to change the setting in via Regedit

Sadly this doesnt only include 'advanced' actions:

- Example two: A game I play needs read/write permissions which it doesnt have. The entire folder is set to Read Only, black square selection, which in itself shouldnt do anything but still it negates the game from editing files.

Im familiar with the issue, its technical aspects and Google, so I tried ALL fixes that I could find

I've tried:

- Giving myself AND all other administrators FULL CONTROLL over any and all files in my PC in ALL ways possible

- Making a new group that has full controll

- Percussive maintanance

Seeing as NOONE has a solution and lots of people have this problem, what is recommended? Id love an actual sitdown in a chat or something. Ill even run Teamviewer to show you my problem (if youre a windows dude that is)

plz help

NielsF, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

Lost Read/Write Permissions for DVD. Security tab is gone, group policy is properly...

1. Lost Read/Write Permissions for DVD. Security tab is gone, group policy is properly... - Similar Threads - Lost Read Write

2. Group Policy won't apply to Security Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group Policy won't apply to Security Group: Dear allI have a problem applying Group Policy when Security filtering is done by Security Group.Policy is couple of year old and it has been working perfectly till some time ago not sure when, I realized I have i problem a month ago.So, under Security filtering I have...
  3. Group Policy won't apply to Security Group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Group Policy won't apply to Security Group: Dear allI have a problem applying Group Policy when Security filtering is done by Security Group.Policy is couple of year old and it has been working perfectly till some time ago not sure when, I realized I have i problem a month ago.So, under Security filtering I have...
  4. Group Policy won't apply to Security Group

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Lost Read/Write Permissions for DVD. Security tab is gone, group policy is properly...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Read/Write Permissions for DVD. Security tab is gone, group policy is properly...: TL;DR, what happened to OP in this post, but with a disk instead of a micro SD card.Picked up a new pack of 8.5 GB DVD-R disks for writing project files to. Saved a number of files to one of the disks, everything seemed to be running fine. A couple weeks later, I go to run...
  6. read and write permission problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    read and write permission problem: hi all i created a share folder in windows server 2019 for windows 7 and windows 10 client, and assign READ and WRITEcopy and paste, not allow modify and delete permission to this share folder in windows 7 clients, i can save any file to this folder, everything is fine....
  7. No Option to Read Group Policy for Admin?

in Windows 10 Support
    No Option to Read Group Policy for Admin?: Hi All Can someone please confirm how to grant Read Access to Group Policy. This is for existing Admins, who can create new Policies.( I have also added the Read only permission on the Delegation tab). When we were on Server 2008r2 we could just right click and edit, this...
  8. cd/dvd not reading/writing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cd/dvd not reading/writing: I have a hp notebook series 2000 laptop and my computer recognizes drive E as the cd/dvd drive and opens tray and says please insert disc. but when a disc is inserted it still tells me to insert disc. I've tried a few different brands and none of them are registering and...
  9. read/write permission setting in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    read/write permission setting in windows 10: how do i enable write permission on a seagate remote hard drive? I'm on Windows 10 op sys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/readwrite-permission-setting-in-windows-10/c8acc14d-3c0b-4f30-bc77-b518daa47ebd
  10. Problems with File Read/Write Permissions.

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with File Read/Write Permissions.: Hello, I just installed the latest build of Windows 10 and am running into some problems that never occurred to me before. My previous version of Windows 10 failed because of some system restore custom app that I downloaded so I had to reinstall. Anyway, I make a clean...