Windows 10: Lost recovery partition

Discus and support Lost recovery partition in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am trying to format a disk drive removed from a dead computer and use it as a back-up external drive. I was looking at some software from Disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MikeTruitt47, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Lost recovery partition

I am trying to format a disk drive removed from a dead computer and use it as a back-up external drive. I was looking at some software from Disk Utility software from Paragon and had the external drive connected to my PC. While in the Paragon software, the screen went black and the machine would not respond to mouse or keyboard commands. After about five minutes, I had to shut it down with the power button. I restarted the machine and went to the disk management tool and find that my recovery partition on my internal hard drive no longer is has a drive letter, and I cannot reassign the drive letter to it. The computer also says their is no recovery partition on the hard disk. Is there any way to recover this partition?

:)

MikeTruitt47, Feb 12, 2019
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Mario Tum Win User
    Recovery Partition in Windows 10.0

Hello,

To create a Recovery Partition, follow the steps below:

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Recovery then choose Create a recovery drive.
    Plug in an empty USB stick and follow the instructions that will be shown on the screen.

Regards.

Mario Tum, Feb 12, 2019
  4. samred Win User

Lost recovery partition

[solved] drive/partition totally missing after errant diskpart clean

The problem w/ that software is the same that I have already listed with other things I've checked: the drive doesn't APPEAR. I see my C: drive and any USB drives I've plugged in, but my original D: drive doesn't exist for the Easus Data Recovery Wizard. So, I don't even have an option of overwriting my old files this way. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

samred, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Lost recovery partition

1. Lost recovery partition - Similar Threads - Lost recovery partition

2. Recovery partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery partition: Hi, I want to see what's inside this partition.And can I format it like with the Windows 11 installation media?How can I explore this partition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-partition/69a1d18e-cc4c-40cd-a22d-4304ded8c1ff
  3. lost partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lost partition: Using Wondershare Recoverit: While scanning lost partition no file is detected, and "trying to skip bad sectors" frequently appears. What should I do? OS NameMicrosoft Windows 10 Pro Version10.0.19041 Build 19041 175185
  4. Random resets and lost recovery partition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random resets and lost recovery partition: Last year, I had to fix my PC due to a failed power source and used the opportunity to upgrade it new MoBo and CPU as well as migrating the OS to SSD. When I migrated the OS, the recovery partition remained on the old disk, which was now relegated to data storage. Soon after,...
  5. Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Partition: Please read through to the bottom. I have 2 questions there. This is in relation to comments on threads https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unused-11gb-recovery-partition/24a7cbbe-960a-490f-b916-e07eba32281e and...
  6. Partitions lost?

Partitions lost?: This happened suddenly. When i started my laptop, i noticed some of the shortcuts not showing any icon. Then i went to This PC and noticed that I've lost all two partitions except the C drive. I tried to find a solution but didn't find any. Disk Management doesn't show it...
  7. lost partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost partition: This has happened twice now and I'm very confused. I have a HDD and have partitions- "C" and "F" The "F" partition is what I'm having problems with. A few months ago I got a windows update and as a normal person I just updated this over night (This was a large update, not...
  8. Lost a Partition

Lost a Partition: Hi on one of my W10 Pro PC's I have a 1TB HDD attached by USB, I used AOMEI Partition Assistant to create a 500GB partition and when it was finished I expected it to show the Partition and some un-allocated space but only the 500GB partition is showing in Explorer, Disk...
  9. Lost a Partition

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lost a Partition: Hi on one of my W10 Pro PC's I have a 1TB HDD attached by USB, I used AOMEI Partition Assistant to create a 500GB partition and when it was finished I expected it to show the Partition and some un-allocated space but only the 500GB partition is showing in Explorer, Disk...
  10. Recovery boot loop caused by Lost Boot Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery boot loop caused by Lost Boot Partition: Hello. I have been dualbooting OS X and Windows 8 (then 10) using Clover bootloader for over 2,5 years now. It's not ideal, but it works, or worked, up until today. After restarting from OS X to boot into W10 I got the "infinite spinner", which then (after rebooting) turned...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to recover lost partition windows 10