Windows 10: lost recycle icon

Discus and support lost recycle icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do i put my lost recycle icon back on my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BarbaraJorgensen, Jan 18, 2020.

1. lost recycle icon

How do i put my lost recycle icon back on my desktop

:)

BarbaraJorgensen, Jan 18, 2020

2. Lost Recycle Bin in Windows 10

Hello,

We highly suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button , type desktop icons into the search box, and then click Show or hide common icons on the desktop.
    • In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog box, do one of the following: To hide the Recycle Bin, clear the Recycle Bin check box. ...
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Trixie Mop, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Recycle Bin icon not displaying in Windows 10

I had lost my icons on my desktop after upgrading to a home build. I lost the recycle icon and followed all the steps on this page over and over and it did not help. I kept playing around and found an easy way to restore all icons.

On your desktop screen right click you mouse, a windows will open the first thing on the list is view hold your mouse over it and another small window or tab will come up, it should say on there show icons on desktop click on that and it will put a checkmark
    on and all your icons will appear.

I assume when I got an update Microsoft must of unchecked the box. This is easier and quicker than all the other suggestion by Microsoft.

Hope this help anyone else having issues.

SusanScarberry, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Jan Del Win User

lost recycle icon

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

lost recycle icon

1. lost recycle icon - Similar Threads - lost recycle icon

2. LOST THE RECYCLE BIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LOST THE RECYCLE BIN: I have Windows 11, 64 bit on my computer. I accidently deleted the icon for Recycle Bin on my Desktop. I couldn't find the path to the Recycle Bin folder to create another one. I went to Settings, Personalization and down to Icon Settings but when I clicked on it, nothing...
  3. LOST THE RECYCLE BIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LOST THE RECYCLE BIN: I have Windows 11, 64 bit on my computer. I accidently deleted the icon for Recycle Bin on my Desktop. I couldn't find the path to the Recycle Bin folder to create another one. I went to Settings, Personalization and down to Icon Settings but when I clicked on it, nothing...
  4. Lost folder in recycle bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost folder in recycle bin: I accidentally dragged my folder with important contents into the recycle bin. Now I have a copy of the folder on my desktop, but when I click on it, it says: The item 'folder' that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will not work properly. Do...
  5. Lost recycle bin icon after today's update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost recycle bin icon after today's update.: The first issue that I noticed after today's Windows 10 update version: 20H2 19042.450 is the loss of my recycle bin icon. Any thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-recycle-icon-after-todays-update/10ea2d6e-0d08-4afe-bb09-aca434cd727d
  6. Recycle bin application lost

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle bin application lost: Hello Since certain time I have a problem with Recycle Bin on my Windows 10 Pro 64 for Workstation 1709. When clicking the Recycle Bin icon I'm getting Explorer.exe message "Application not found". I've tried all the methods I've found on the Internet like removing...
  7. Recycle Bin Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle Bin Icon: Windows 10 doesn't show the Recycle Bin Icon. How can I recover it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-icon/94dea936-1ae4-428f-ab92-ae499eb5a093
  8. Recycle Bin Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle Bin Icon: I don't have a recycle bin icon on this laptop. How do I get one? I'd like to empty it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-icon/70730411-9560-4ffb-9bc6-60b85efdee2a
  9. Recycle icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle icon on taskbar: About a week ago an icon for Recycle Bin appeared on my taskbar near the right side. (see the attached image.) Not a pin but a larger icon, just like the one residing on my desktop. In fact, it is identical, having the same right click menu. A lengthy consult with MS didn't...
  10. Lost the link to the recycle bin

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost the link to the recycle bin: Need help to find and link to the recycle bin. Using the Desktop Icon Menu does not seem to work Tim 19062