Windows 10: Lost restore point for backuped files

Discus and support Lost restore point for backuped files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a lot of files that were backed up with microsofts own backup and restore function.Now when I reinstalled win10 the system can't find any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Topheephee, May 11, 2021.

1. Lost restore point for backuped files

I have a lot of files that were backed up with microsofts own backup and restore function.Now when I reinstalled win10 the system can't find any restore points for theese files.Windows added a string to the filenames whenever it was starting a new backup session.The string consists of a date/time-stamp within the parentheses. like : 2020_12_08 16_24_17 UTCDoes anyone recognize this and have a solution?One of the folders in the same parentfolder contains a lot of numbered folders with php-files I made separate backups of two discs. C:\ and E:\I don't know what the folder [$OF]

:)

Topheephee, May 11, 2021
  2. sygnus21 Win User

Never More Than 3 System Restore Points

You are going to be extremely disappointed if you believe that because that is NOT the point (purpose) of a restore point.

I honestly suggest you research File History, and turn it on if you want previous versions of your files!!!

sygnus21, May 11, 2021
  3. Difference Between File History, Backup and Restore, System Image, and System Protection (Restore Points)

These feature names itself gives you a hint on their functionality.

File History: It is the complete record of changes made to a file. You can roll back changes and get an older copy of a file.

It is more useful, if your accidently deleted a file or it turned to garbage. You can simple use File History to restore the file.

Backup and Restore: As the name suggests, it is useful to create a system back and restore from a backup already created.

System Image: It is a clone of your C drive in a .vdi (virtual disk file), stored on another drive.

A system image can only be used to reimage the same computer on which it was created.

Tip: You can extract individual files from a System Image by mounting the .vdi with Explorer.

System Restore Point: It is a backup of all your Settings, apps and some other utilities required by Windows.

It is recommended to create a restore point before editing registry, installing a new software, etc.

Rohit kumar, May 11, 2021
  4. jellyroll Win User

Lost restore point for backuped files

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CLost restore point for backuped files :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CLost restore point for backuped files :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, May 11, 2021
Thema:

Lost restore point for backuped files

1. Lost restore point for backuped files - Similar Threads - Lost restore point

2. No system restore. All points lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No system restore. All points lost: Having created a manual restore point yesterday, today I have no system restore. I get the following error windows.I've tried some online remedies, but nothing has worked. Restore points are important to me and I need to have them working.I have no idea why suddenly today I...
  3. No system restore. All points lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No system restore. All points lost: Having created a manual restore point yesterday, today I have no system restore. I get the following error windows.I've tried some online remedies, but nothing has worked. Restore points are important to me and I need to have them working.I have no idea why suddenly today I...
  4. No system restore. All points lost

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Restore Points lost and time doesn't sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Points lost and time doesn't sync: After using Win 11 for a short time I noticed that time was not syncing anymore, not a big deal so I did not pursue it, however, I was trying to load some software and made an error which prevented it updating since it thought it had the update already. I figured it was...
  6. Restore Points lost and time doesn't sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore Points lost and time doesn't sync: After using Win 11 for a short time I noticed that time was not syncing anymore, not a big deal so I did not pursue it, however, I was trying to load some software and made an error which prevented it updating since it thought it had the update already. I figured it was...
  7. Can you Backup Restore points or Recover Corrupt Restore Points in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 News
    Can you Backup Restore points or Recover Corrupt Restore Points in Windows 10?: [ATTACH]System Restore Points are states of Windows OS that can be used to fix the computer if anything goes wrong. Right from missing system files […] This article Can you Backup Restore points or Recover Corrupt Restore Points in Windows 10? first appeared on...
  8. Is it possible to backup Restore points?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is it possible to backup Restore points?: Hi. Is it possible to backup Restore points? as i have a program that deletes them, so i would like to backup them before installation, and restore them afterwards. Thanks in advance. 57974
  9. Lost Restore Point

Lost Restore Point: How can recover my last restore point that got pushed out of the way? 87448
  10. Backup and Restore Files

Backup and Restore Files: Hello and niceday to everyone. just joined this win10forum. I just finished upgrading from my win7 to this free win10Pro upgrade from microsoft, since yesterday everything works as normal and better than the previous win7. First thing I did after completing updates and...