Windows 10: Lost saved/known networks

Discus and support Lost saved/known networks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just downloaded and installed the May 2019 Windows update. Everything is working great and running smoothly, but I noticed under the "Wi-Fi" tab in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ItsSophie, Jun 27, 2019.

1. ItsSophie Win User

Lost saved/known networks

I just downloaded and installed the May 2019 Windows update. Everything is working great and running smoothly, but I noticed under the "Wi-Fi" tab in settings, all of my previously known/saved networks are gone. The list is completely blank. Gone. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to retrieve the old information?

:)

ItsSophie, Jun 27, 2019
  2. Marc NJ Win User

Missing All Saved/Known Wifi Networks on Laptp

At some point in the last few weeks, my Win10 laptop seems to have "lost" all my saved/known Wifi networks that I've previously connected to over the years. My laptop is set up to be logged into using a Microsoft Account, as is my Win10 desktop, and my
    Win10 desktop still has all the saved/known Wifi networks (including many that were previously sync'ed to it from the laptop). The only thing that I can think of that maybe caused this is I was notified by Microsoft that someone was trying to access my Microsoft
    Account and was forced to change my password (which then had to apparently update on the laptop and desktop since that's the password I use to login to both computers via the Microsoft Account). Any thoughts/suggestions on how to get the saved/known Wifi
    networks back on my laptop? Thanks!

Marc NJ, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Marc NJ Win User

Please re-read my initial post. I was not referring to the wireless network icon in the system tray. I'm very well aware of the difference between "available" WiFi networks and those that are saved (or "known" according to Windows 10). See screenshot
    below for what I am referring to:

Lost saved/known networks e81dd06c-ef07-45f2-ae98-f452d17e35d5.png

Marc NJ, Jun 27, 2019
  4. BulldogXX Win User

The wireless network icon in the system notification area (the right-hand side of the Taskbar) lists all nearby wireless networks that your computer's network adapter can detect.

Keep in mind that wireless signals are just like radio signals, and your computer's wireless network adapter has an antenna. If the antenna picks up a signal, you'll see it displayed.

So this is not a listing of saved or known networks ... it's a display of all the networks that can be detected at that particular moment. At the very least, you should see your own home network, since your wireless network adapter can surely detect that
    signal from your own router. But you may or may not see anything else.

Now you understand why this wouldn't be affected by your Microsoft Account. It's simply a matter of what wireless signals your adapter can detect.

BulldogXX, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Lost saved/known networks - Similar Threads - Lost saved known

2. Regarding known networks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding known networks.: I have tried all ways to forget the known networks on my pc from directly forget device method to command prompt method but all the known networks are still showing. Let me help please....
  3. Regarding known networks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding known networks.: I have tried all ways to forget the known networks on my pc from directly forget device method to command prompt method but all the known networks are still showing. Let me help please....
  4. Known Network To Available Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Known Network To Available Network: How to move a wifi network that I want to connect to, from the "Unknown Network" category, to the "Available Network" category. I have it set for "Connect Automatically", but it will not make itself available now, yet I have used it many times before....
  5. Known Network Not Connecting

Known Network Not Connecting: My computer won't connect to known wifi at my home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/known-network-not-connecting/7c279bde-16f9-4028-8adb-cca8cf01e0a8
  6. Network shows on PC "Manage Known Networks" but not on Available Networks

Network shows on PC "Manage Known Networks" but not on Available Networks: Several PCs use the network OK, and the problem PC is only 2 metres from the Router. It shows lots of other networks, but not the one which it should show, as used by the other PCs and showing in "Manage Known Networks" . I put it there anually. Trouble shooter does not help....
  7. Networked Computers are "Invisible": Known Issue?

Networked Computers are "Invisible": Known Issue?: I am on Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.752). My wife bought her Win10 machine last November. I bought mine in January. Ever since then, I have been kicking my *** over the problem of not being able to see each other's machines on our home network. When we had...
  8. Manage Known Networks not an option

Manage Known Networks not an option: I was finding my computer was having some trouble with the wifi. When I ran the troubleshooter, it told me the problem was that I was not set up to connect to a given network automatically. Given that this network is one I used on a business trip on the other side of the...
  9. Can't connect to known network printer.

Can't connect to known network printer.: I have setup a network and printer sharing on my main lap top (mainlaptop). I have then connected another laptop (helensstudy) that has two users assigned. When the first user signs in they can print via mainlaptop no problem but if they sign out and the 2nd user signs...
  10. "show available networks" & "manage known networks" disappeared

"show available networks" & "manage known networks" disappeared: hi! all, under "wireless network connection" settings, there are "show available networks" & "manage known networks" options that can be clicked. however, when I tried to click on either option, nothing happens. if I tried to click on the wifi icon on lower right hand...