Windows 10: Lost screenshot folder in file explorer. Windows 10

Discus and support Lost screenshot folder in file explorer. Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Please help!! My screenshot folder has completely vanished, and all contents therein. I've looked in every folder I have, including Onedrive. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lypn, Nov 28, 2020.

1. lypn Win User

Lost screenshot folder in file explorer. Windows 10

Please help!! My screenshot folder has completely vanished, and all contents therein. I've looked in every folder I have, including Onedrive. I've rebooted, and did a system restore. 4 years of work have simply vanished. Is there someone who can help me??

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Files lost after Automatic Repair

Hi,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to refer the link provided below and check if it helps.

The files & folders from the previous operating system after the upgrade to Windows 10 might have been saved in the
    windows.old folder. Check if the lost files and folders are present in
    windows.old folder by following the steps below:

Step 1: Using Cortana

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard and type
      windows.old in the search box.

• Select the search result which shows folder and drive location of the program.

• Follow the file/folder path to check the contents of the same.

Step 2: Using Windows explorer

• Press Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard to open Windows Explorer.

• Click on This PC option from the left side panel of the window.

• Type windows.old in the Search This PC
      box located at the top right corner of the window.

• Follow the file/folder path to check the contents of the same.

Refer to the link below on Find lost files after the update to Windows 10 and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/find-lost-files-after-the-update-to-windows-10

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Lost screenshot folder in file explorer. Windows 10

Issues with taking screenshots of the screen and finding Screenshot folder on Windows 10.

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if screenshot is not taken correctly.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to find Screenshot folder with pictures.

1. Press Windows Key + PrtScn keys .

2. Then open File Explorer and click on Pictures
    on the left side of the File Explorer.

3. Check if Screenshot folder is created or not.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Lost screenshot folder in file explorer. Windows 10

1. Lost screenshot folder in file explorer. Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Lost screenshot folder

2. iPhone Screenshots and File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iPhone Screenshots and File Explorer: I have a folder that contains screenshots from my iPhone. Their file type is PNG. When using File Explorer I select Preview Pane ON, but it will NOT show a preview of my file. Interestingly, it WILL show the file if I'm logged in as an Administrator. Surely there's a way to...
  3. iPhone Screenshots and File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iPhone Screenshots and File Explorer: I have a folder that contains screenshots from my iPhone. Their file type is PNG. When using File Explorer I select Preview Pane ON, but it will NOT show a preview of my file. Interestingly, it WILL show the file if I'm logged in as an Administrator. Surely there's a way to...
  4. iPhone Screenshots and File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lost Files / Folders

Lost Files / Folders: When I open my computer this morning, I've noticed that my desktop was new without my Files and Folders in the desktop so I'm thinking because of the update. So, I've looked on my files in other folder and cut and paste in the current desktop but after couple of minutes, my...
  6. Windows 10 Files and folders lost

Windows 10 Files and folders lost: WINDOWS 10 automatically update and lost my all files from C drive. It was important documents please give me solution to recover my documents. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-files-and-folders-lost/ca6f80e0-c84f-456f-9b5b-9865202ee069
  7. Screenshots and screenshot folder

Screenshots and screenshot folder: HI I want to take a screenshot using the windows key and print screen but it doesn't seem to be working and I can't find a screenshot folder in pictures... any advice would be appreciated?...
  8. Lost screenshot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost screenshot: I lost a old screenshot that meant a lot to me I deleted it on accident and cant see how to get it back. can anyone help me? submitted by /u/mulesTJ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j25qmi/lost_screenshot/
  9. No screenshot folder with Windows 10?

No screenshot folder with Windows 10?: Hey, I can't find a screenshot folder for images where normally (Windows, with Windows key and print) screenshots are stored? Can you help me, I can make normal screenshots, but I can't find them Kein Screenshot Ordner bei Windows 10?
  10. Lost folders in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost folders in Explorer: Hello, Does anybody have any idea why some of my folders are missing now from explorer and all windows apps/file manager...BUT I can see them from Command Line and also some of the folders include for instance videos and I can see the videos there...and in the file...