Windows 10: lost search function in recent updates.

Discus and support lost search function in recent updates. in Cortana to solve the problem; I recently noticed that the search function in the taskbar stopped working. The taskbar shows search magnifying glass and "Type here to search", but... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by SWMurray, Feb 9, 2020.

1. SWMurray Win User

lost search function in recent updates.

I recently noticed that the search function in the taskbar stopped working. The taskbar shows search magnifying glass and "Type here to search", but when I enter any text the popup window is totally black. No search results are displayed. The issue seems to have occurred after a recent system update. System is Windows 10 pro personal use-with administrator privileges, version 1909, build 18363.628. How do I restore the search function from the task bar?

:)

SWMurray, Feb 9, 2020
  2. NMI
    NMI Win User

The recent change to the search function in explorer?

I think this is going to be a frequent cause of confusion and questions once more users get updated to version 1909 soon.

As far as I know, the File Explorer changes are only documented in the Insider Preview release from nearly six months ago:

But hopefully a better explanation of the changes will be published once 1909 is more generally released.

3. Lost Two Mouse Functions

I recently did a system restore on my laptop and have, it seems, lost two mouse functions as a result. The two to which I am refering are, the scrolling feature and the zoom feature. I have searched google for a solution, but all rely things which I have no access to. More specifically, most suggest going to "mouse and touchpad settings," and then click on "additional mouse options." However, if you refer to the pictures here, I am missing the following tabs: Wheel, Hardware, and Device Setting.

PS It seems that i have lost all functions except its "ordinary" mouse capability.

user193319, Feb 9, 2020
  4. ginGammel Win User

Search function in Win10

Hi, thanks for the suggestion, but as I stated in my previous message, I whitnessed this behaviour on various machines. Can you confirm that the search function works fine on your PC when repeating the same steps I described?

ginGammel, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

1. lost search function in recent updates. - Similar Threads - lost search function

2. Search function lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search function lost: After the update last week I lost the search function in the start up box and in searching files on my PC. I uninstalled and the function returns. I am wondering if there is another fix for the problem....
  3. Search function lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search function lost: On Wednesday an auto update processed. Thursday I could not search my files on the PC or use the start up box to search. I uninstalled the updates and the function returns. There must be a bug in there causing this to happen. Anyone else having this issue?...
  4. Search function lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search function lost: After the update last week I lost the search function in the start up box and in searching files on my PC. I uninstalled and the function returns. I am wondering if there is another fix for the problem....
  5. Search function lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search function lost: On Wednesday an auto update processed. Thursday I could not search my files on the PC or use the start up box to search. I uninstalled the updates and the function returns. There must be a bug in there causing this to happen. Anyone else having this issue?...
  6. Search function lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Search function lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows 10 Settings and Search Functions Not Working After Recent Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings and Search Functions Not Working After Recent Windows Updates: Windows 10 Home, 21H1, 4/24/2021, 19043.1023, WFEP 120.2212.2020.0A couple of days ago, I attempted to use the "Search" function in Windows File Explorer and found it not working properly. As soon as I mouse click in the search window, the cursor appears for a split second...
  9. The recent change to the search function in explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    The recent change to the search function in explorer?: So up until what I assume is one of the most recent windows updates (didnt catch it until now) i used the explorer search function quite extensively. It allowed for wrapping something in double quotes to narrow down particular words, or leading with ~= to get an exact...
  10. Lost Start menu search function

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost Start menu search function: I'm creating a custom image of Windows 10 Pro and am implementing my usual settings, programs and tweaks as I have with prior versions of Windows. I'm sure I'll have a few other questions along the way as I complete this task but my main problem is my Search function in...