Windows 10: Lost Search window in Taskbar and desktop background changed

Discus and support Lost Search window in Taskbar and desktop background changed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am a newbie to Win10, whilst trying to improve the visibility of the font ( I have poor close vision) I have somehow lost the Search Window plus the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by keithtanner1, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Lost Search window in Taskbar and desktop background changed

I am a newbie to Win10, whilst trying to improve the visibility of the font ( I have poor close vision) I have somehow lost the Search Window plus the desktop screen has changed to black! No amount of trying will get either to revert.

Any help welcomed please otherwise I shall be forced back to Win7 despite is imminent lack of support.

:)

keithtanner1, Dec 12, 2019
  2. Misiowiec Win User

Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Misiowiec Win User
    Lost desktop background

The thing is I have no spyware; I've done scans with different pieces of software and they all confirm this. The active desktop bit that was removed by Search & Destroy is, I think, a pure Windows thing and I've seen it being listed in Search & Destroy scans on both this and other PCs before.

The thing is that this time I was trying to be clever and pressed "delete" whereas before I just ignored it. I've undone the Active Desktop removal in Search & Destroy and also followed your tips above but it makes no difference - still no desktop background. Any other ideas or do I just wait until the next reformat?

Misiowiec, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Lost Search window in Taskbar and desktop background changed

changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Lost Search window in Taskbar and desktop background changed

1. Lost Search window in Taskbar and desktop background changed - Similar Threads - Lost Search window

2. Desktop background will not change.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop background will not change.: I cannot change my desktop background to anything but black I cannot add any pictures or desktop backgrounds I have checked settings themes and everything I could think of but I cannot find the problem please help*Moved from feedback....
  3. Desktop background will not change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop background will not change.: I cannot change my desktop background to anything but black I cannot add any pictures or desktop backgrounds I have checked settings themes and everything I could think of but I cannot find the problem please help*Moved from feedback....
  4. Desktop background will not change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lost Desktop Background

Lost Desktop Background: I spent hours meticulously selected hundreds of photos for a desktop background slideshow on my desktop and my laptop bacground synced over it whithout even a prompt without my ever setting any preference to do so. How can I revover the deleted file of the slideshow?...
  6. TaskBar Icon Background Not taskbar Background not changing

TaskBar Icon Background Not taskbar Background not changing: I know no one understood the title so, Picture , that glowy thing dosen't go off its bugging me it does not even go off after I open the app it usually goes out I guess so someone help me...
  7. Desktop background lost

Desktop background lost: So here's an interesting one... I took a photo a while back and set it as my desktop background. It's a really good photo and I cherished it. However, I damaged and lost the only hard drive it was located on, but it's still set as my account's desktop background. I want to...
  8. Change Desktop Background

Change Desktop Background: I want to change the Desktop Background, I want to put a picture of my granddaughter that I have on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-desktop-background/26184aba-aed7-4f05-ac92-8ace3ba1f30c
  9. Changed Desktop Background At Home, And It Changed Office Background.

in Windows 10 Support
    Changed Desktop Background At Home, And It Changed Office Background.: can't quite figure out what's going on here... - had three windows 10 pcs networked at my business location (miles from home), all with different desktop backgrounds, all with slightly different configurations. - one of the three pcs was purchased for home use, it was just...
  10. Changing background color of taskbar

Changing background color of taskbar: New windows 10 installation; background color of taskbar is ugly black, and can't figure out how to change it. Any suggestions? 22356