Windows 10: Lost settings access

Discus and support Lost settings access in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After recent Windows updates, I no longer have access to any Settings. Every time I try to open settings, the empty Settings window opens and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rdg08, Jun 23, 2020.

1. rdg08 Win User

Lost settings access

After recent Windows updates, I no longer have access to any Settings. Every time I try to open settings, the empty Settings window opens and immediately closes. Can't change printers or do anything else that depends on Settings. No longer have God Mode or the location that the icon points to. How can I repair/restore the problems?

:)

rdg08, Jun 23, 2020

2. lost Administrator access to my pc, cant change any settings

so when i tried that i got upto step 5.i cant open the config folder

Lost settings access [​IMG]

then i click continue and get this

dudeneedshelp, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Lost settings access

access BIOS settings in Win 10

I have an 8-year old computer running Win 10. I need to access the BIOS settings. It used to be the holding down the F2 key during startup would bring up the BIOS screen in Windows computers. But this no longer works. A web article listed a complicated
    series of steps leading to a reboot . . . but still no access to BIOS. Any suggestions?

R BruceBeckner, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Lost settings access

1. Lost settings access - Similar Threads - Lost settings access

2. Lost access to email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost access to email: Blocked Hotmail account. I have the correct password, but it wants to send me a phone text. The phone number is wrong. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-access-to-email/506727b4-1681-45f8-90bf-d691d2342123
  3. Lost settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost settings: I just started the computer that I haven't used for 6 months and I used EDGE 44 on this. When I started everything was ok except I lost the settings on the task bar and it was replaced with the control panel. I cant find updates so where do I go ? Thanks 155612
  4. Lost settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lost settings: I just started the computer that I haven't used for 6 months and I used EDGE 44 on this. When I started everything was ok except I lost the settings on the task bar and it was replaced with the control panel. I cant find updates so where do I go ? Thanks 155612
  5. Lost access to PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost access to PC: Hi, I am trying to login to Microsoft account from PC and no success even with the pin I been using forever. I can enter in my Microsoft account using my laptop. I used the on-screen keyboard too, but the issue persists even after changing the password. I'll be trying...
  6. Lost Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost Settings: I had to do a hard shutdown when my computer froze, and now when I log in I seem to have lost all my settings. Every time I shut down and log back in it resets to factory settings....
  7. Lost Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Settings: Yesterday they worked, now they don't... Trying to launch Settings I got no response. Trying to launch Display Settings or Personalisation from desktops PPM menu I got attached errors. SFC San didn't help. Same for DISM. Since yesterday there were NO changes. Software or...
  8. Lost access to Windows Setting Apps function.

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost access to Windows Setting Apps function.: When I click on Apps the all window simply vanish... Running W10 x64 1903. [img] BTW It worked till few minutes ago when I used it to uninstall an app I did not need anymore. 133195
  9. lost administrative access

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    lost administrative access: i have a hp stream 11 and lost administrative access. Could I do a fresh install even though i do not have a key because the unit came with 10 installed/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-administrative-access/cc6a728b-1185-497e-ab15-552139f2bd00"
  10. Lost Access to Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost Access to Settings: Used free upgrade to install Win 10 Pro 64bit to desktop computer. After successful installation, used Start button then Settings, to select Tablet Mode. After restart cannot access Settings from Start button or Action Center. How can I turn off Tablet Mode? 27037