Windows 10: Lost settings after update

Discus and support Lost settings after update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Please please please STOP changing my settings when you update Windows. It is incredibly frustrating, wastes my time and energy and is having an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohnMeehan3, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Lost settings after update

Please please please STOP changing my settings when you update Windows. It is incredibly frustrating, wastes my time and energy and is having an impact on my business as a sole trader.

I can see from questions from other users that many people are having the same problem. I accept that updates need to happen but stop messing with my personal settings, shortcuts, etc

:)

JohnMeehan3, Nov 13, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 13, 2019
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Lost settings after update

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

Lost settings after update

1. Lost settings after update - Similar Threads - Lost settings update

2. Lost Wifi settings after new update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Wifi settings after new update: Just updated to the latest version of Windows but now I can’t open wifi settings. Shows on bar at bottom but not present when I click on it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-wifi-settings-after-new-update/d4250dcc-0397-42d0-8618-b61fa9a7e2bb
  3. Lost Wifi settings after new update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Wifi settings after new update: Just updated to the latest version of Windows but now I can’t open wifi settings. Shows on bar at bottom but not present when I click on it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-wifi-settings-after-new-update/d4250dcc-0397-42d0-8618-b61fa9a7e2bb
  4. Projection Settings are "lost" after reboot

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Projection Settings are "lost" after reboot: Hello, I am experiencing a strange problem after updating the drivers and BIOS on my laptop: my prefered setting is "second screen only" . after a reboot I get "duplicate" (de facto) however "second screen only stays selectedin blue. to fix this I need to move the selection...
  5. lost settings after restartWindows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost settings after restartWindows 10: When I restart my laptop HP Pavilion g6 it loses keyboard and mouse settings and some files. Yesterday I was having a "chat" with Tech Support and they saved a notepad file on my desktop to enable me to resume the chat after a restart, but the file wasn't there!...
  6. User settings are lost after restart or system update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User settings are lost after restart or system update: We have two account subscribers on a Laptop Dell Inspiron 7591 2 in 1. My wife has a family member subscription with myself the administrator. The system recently went through an automatic update. My wife's account settings, functional apps and email account were gone....
  7. IP Settings Lost after reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IP Settings Lost after reboot: Dear all, I have a network problem on a PC with Win 10. I use a static IP but after the reboot the settings change to DHCP. I found that the cause is the service named 'DHCP Client', in fact the IP settings aren't lost if this service is disabled. On the other PCs the...
  8. Lost Files After Updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost Files After Updating: I cleared space so I could update. After updating I couldn't sign it, b/c my User Profile failed to load. When It did indeed load, all of my files were gone. My whole livelihood is on the PC. What should I do? Has this happened to anyone else? submitted by /u/Ginola331...
  9. Settings lost after update/reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings lost after update/reboot: Several times my settings for various programs have disappeared after rebooting. This has mostly happened after a windows update. It's as though I were setting up a new computer time and again. With Microsoft forcing updates all the time, it is driving me crazy. How can I...
  10. lost Settings with update windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost Settings with update windows 10: I recently responded to prompt to update Windows 10 on my computer. After doing so, I am unable to open "Settings" on my computer Do I have to do a system restore? Or is there another way? Thank you in advance, Andrea...