Windows 10: Lost settings and files

Discus and support Lost settings and files in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After rebooting, my monitor resets to microsoft default settings and my pictures and document folders are empty. This started after the new Micrsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bill McReynolds, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Lost settings and files

After rebooting, my monitor resets to microsoft default settings and my pictures and document folders are empty. This started after the new Micrsoft Edge loaded. I have reset everything several times and every time I reboot, I lose everything.

:)

Bill McReynolds, Jul 15, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Issues with the lost files in the account in Windows 10

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding the lost files in the account. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. When you say “main one” is it local account or Microsoft account?

2. Did you make any changes in the account settings?

I suggest you to login to the account where the files are missing and then follow the below steps.

• Open the Run by Windows+ R and then Enter.
    • Press . ( the full stop button in the keyboard) and then Enter.
    • Check whether you could see the user profile files.
    Reply us with more information to assist you better.

Anup Karkal, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Mohan B P Win User

Lost settings and files

Files lost, Internet explorer not reachable, error Ox800703f1

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue in finding the lost files. Let me assist you.

To narrow down the troubleshooting steps, kindly write back to us with the following information.

• Did you make any prior changes before this error occurred?
    • What is the error message you are getting when you try to open Internet Explorer?
    • Have you updated the Windows to the latest build?
    • Check whether the original account exists. (Use the below steps to check)
    • Press Windows key + R key, type netplwiz and press
      Enter key.
    • Check if the user account exits under Users for this computer.
    I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Update the Windows to the latest build.

• On the search bar type Settings.
    • Click on Update and Security.
    • Click on Check for Updates.
    • Read and accept the license terms, and then tap or click Finish if the update requires it.
    Method 2: To find lost files.

Follow the link below to find lost files and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/Find-lost-files-after-the-update-to-Windows-10

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Lost settings and files

1. Lost settings and files - Similar Threads - Lost settings files

2. Lost Windows settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Windows settings: My daughter and I just upgraded her PC's memory and CPU. The memory upgrade 16MB to 32MB was done first and worked fine. We then installed a new CPU AMD Ryzen 5 series. When we booted up the system, Windows came up and acted like a new install. It asked the usual installation...
  3. Windows has lost all files and settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows has lost all files and settings: I'm asking here as the support chat seems to be malfunctioning and I can't open the help app... I turned on my PC as normal a couple of days ago. On booting I realised that all my personal preferences were gone. All accounts on programs, passwords, bookmarks and pinned...
  4. Lost my files, settings and apps with a Windows Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost my files, settings and apps with a Windows Update: My computer automatically updated Windows and after the restart I found my files, settings and apps gone. Can you help me recover everything please? I would like my user to be the way it was before the update....
  5. Lost settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost settings: I just started the computer that I haven't used for 6 months and I used EDGE 44 on this. When I started everything was ok except I lost the settings on the task bar and it was replaced with the control panel. I cant find updates so where do I go ? Thanks 155612
  6. Lost settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lost settings: I just started the computer that I haven't used for 6 months and I used EDGE 44 on this. When I started everything was ok except I lost the settings on the task bar and it was replaced with the control panel. I cant find updates so where do I go ? Thanks 155612
  7. Lost Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost Settings: I had to do a hard shutdown when my computer froze, and now when I log in I seem to have lost all my settings. Every time I shut down and log back in it resets to factory settings....
  8. Lost Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Settings: Yesterday they worked, now they don't... Trying to launch Settings I got no response. Trying to launch Display Settings or Personalisation from desktops PPM menu I got attached errors. SFC San didn't help. Same for DISM. Since yesterday there were NO changes. Software or...
  9. lost my files,settings and apps by automatic update

in Windows 10 Support
    lost my files,settings and apps by automatic update: Hi friends, i was using Windows 10 Enterprise . And from automatic update, i lost my most important files . But , i have now recovered them . Now, the problem is that only two apps i.e. Cortana and Microsoft Edge are coming . And i can't find store,outlook,news and other apps...
  10. Apps and settings lost

in Windows 10 Support
    Apps and settings lost: Hi. Im new to this forum and thanks for the membership My PC got windows 10in february this year and has worked great until now Some days ago settings went back to default and changes like the quick launch disappeared. Many of the included apps like calculator is not...