Windows 10: Lost settings and printer with windows 10 update

Discus and support Lost settings and printer with windows 10 update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently responded to prompt to update Windows 10 and in doing so I have lost my ability to use my printer and settings. I tried to restore to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by andrea-morgan, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Lost settings and printer with windows 10 update

I recently responded to prompt to update Windows 10 and in doing so I have lost my ability to use my printer and settings.

I tried to restore to previous but the process would not complete.

Please help!

Thank you,

Andrea

:)

andrea-morgan, Aug 17, 2019

2. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 17, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Sets Last Printer Used As Default Printer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the printer settings and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type as “settings”.
    • Go to “settings” and select “devices”.
    • Click on “printers and scanners” option on the left hand side.
    • You will find all your printers listed on the screen, below that there is an option
      “Let Windows manage my default printer”.
    • I suggest you to turn “OFF” the option “When turned on, the default printer is the last used printer”.
    • Now check whether you can choose the other printers or not.
    Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Lost settings and printer with windows 10 update

how do i change disconnected setting to connected setting on my printer

Hi Robert,

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.
    I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check if it helps. It helps in checking settings, installing drivers and identifying and fixing the printer issues.

Fix printer problems: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue with the Printer. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Lost settings and printer with windows 10 update

1. Lost settings and printer with windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Lost settings printer

2. PRINTER LOST

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PRINTER LOST: This is the situation. I changed cable providers and as a result got a new wifi address. Now my wife can't see the printer attached to my computer on her computer. The list of print options she gets shows what is my daughters computer upstairs I believe. What can I do. HELP...
  3. Lost printer after last Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost printer after last Windows 10 update: My printer stopped working last week and yesterday, in order to get it working again, I restored to the previous update on june 9th . . . then it worked again. Last night windows updated itself again and the printer has stopped working again . . . by not working i mean...
  4. Printer lost

Printer lost: I upgraded to windows 10 version 2004. I could no longer print using my Brother printer. The update KB4557957 was the problem. I uninstalled the update and my printer started to work. However, each morning the update appears again. I do not want to have to spend the time...
  5. Printer lost

Printer lost: Hi, Since the last upgrade KB4560960 my comp. doesn't find my printer , apparently I need to delete this upgrade & restart, I cannot find this to delete/uninstall anywhere, I have looked at the upgrade list which only gives download options. Please help. I keep getting the...
  6. Printer lost

Printer lost: Hi, Since the last upgrade KB4560960 my comp. doesn't find my printer , apparently I need to delete this upgrade & restart, I cannot find anywhere to delete/uninstall anywhere, I have looked at the upgrade list which only gives download options. Please help....
  7. Printer ,lost

Printer ,lost: After last upgrade I have lost recognition of my printer by my computer. Apparently I have to delete KB4560960 upgrade & also KB4557957 if it has been loaded. I found how to do this but got stuck at Programs & Features which I do not have , can anyone suggest how I can get...
  8. Lost access to networked printer after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost access to networked printer after Windows 10 Update: Hi My wife and I have a PC each both running Windows 10 Home which are always kept up-to-date. The two PCs share one USB printer, physically connected to my PC which is direct connected to the BT Hub. My wife's PC is connected to the BT Hub via power line adapters. This...
  9. Printer lost

Printer lost: One of my printers is lost since I updated to Windows 10, how can I recover without having to download it again? I don't have all of my information on the printer, it's a special kind of printer that prints labels and I've had it for awhile....
  10. lost Settings with update windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost Settings with update windows 10: I recently responded to prompt to update Windows 10 on my computer. After doing so, I am unable to open "Settings" on my computer Do I have to do a system restore? Or is there another way? Thank you in advance, Andrea...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update lost wireless printer

2. lost printer

3. lost printer when upgrading to windows 10

4. windows 10 update lost my settings,
  5. lost my printer when updating win 10,
  6. windows 10 lost printer settings,
  7. windows upgrade to windows 10 lost settings,
  8. hp default printer settings,
  9. how to update settings on printer,
  10. lost settings,
  11. windows 10 printer preferences lost,