Windows 10: lost Settings with update windows 10

Discus and support lost Settings with update windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently responded to prompt to update Windows 10 on my computer. After doing so, I am unable to open "Settings" on my computer Do I have to do a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by andrea-morgan, Aug 23, 2019.

1. lost Settings with update windows 10

I recently responded to prompt to update Windows 10 on my computer. After doing so, I am unable to open "Settings" on my computer

Do I have to do a system restore? Or is there another way?

Thank you in advance,

Andrea

:)

andrea-morgan, Aug 23, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 23, 2019
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Aug 23, 2019
  4. MrGenius Win User

lost Settings with update windows 10

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

lost Settings with update windows 10

1. lost Settings with update windows 10 - Similar Threads - lost Settings update

2. Lost Windows settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Windows settings: My daughter and I just upgraded her PC's memory and CPU. The memory upgrade 16MB to 32MB was done first and worked fine. We then installed a new CPU AMD Ryzen 5 series. When we booted up the system, Windows came up and acted like a new install. It asked the usual installation...
  3. Lost Windows settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Windows settings: My daughter and I just upgraded her PC's memory and CPU. The memory upgrade 16MB to 32MB was done first and worked fine. We then installed a new CPU AMD Ryzen 5 series. When we booted up the system, Windows came up and acted like a new install. It asked the usual installation...
  4. Lost Windows settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Lost settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost settings: I just started the computer that I haven't used for 6 months and I used EDGE 44 on this. When I started everything was ok except I lost the settings on the task bar and it was replaced with the control panel. I cant find updates so where do I go ? Thanks 155612
  6. Settings lost after update/reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings lost after update/reboot: Several times my settings for various programs have disappeared after rebooting. This has mostly happened after a windows update. It's as though I were setting up a new computer time and again. With Microsoft forcing updates all the time, it is driving me crazy. How can I...
  7. Lost settings after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost settings after update: Please please please STOP changing my settings when you update Windows. It is incredibly frustrating, wastes my time and energy and is having an impact on my business as a sole trader. I can see from questions from other users that many people are having the same problem....
  8. Lost settings and printer with windows 10 update

Lost settings and printer with windows 10 update: I recently responded to prompt to update Windows 10 and in doing so I have lost my ability to use my printer and settings. I tried to restore to previous but the process would not complete. Please help! Thank you, Andrea...
  9. Windows 10 Update Lost & Won't Save my Settings

Windows 10 Update Lost & Won't Save my Settings: After an automatic Windows 10 update, all my personalization settings were reset to default. I re-chose my preferred settings, but every time I logged on the settings were reset and Windows thinks I'm logging onto my laptop, to the internet, and using Microsoft Office...
  10. Windows 10 Update results in all settings and documents lost!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update results in all settings and documents lost!: First of all I'll make a complaint. I am very disappointed with Windows 10. It's been one of the worst Windows ever made and sooner or later I will switch from Windows to some normal OS sofware. I have been let down too many times by it (not just 10 but all of the former as...