Windows 10: Lost Shared User Profile with WIN 10 update

Discus and support Lost Shared User Profile with WIN 10 update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was running WIN 7 Pro on my desktop with two login user profiles (George and Jenny). I updated to WIN 10 Pro and install went fine, except now on the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GregOtero, Dec 2, 2019.

1. GregOtero Win User

Lost Shared User Profile with WIN 10 update

I was running WIN 7 Pro on my desktop with two login user profiles (George and Jenny). I updated to WIN 10 Pro and install went fine, except now on the principal login page there is only my login (George) My wife's profile is gone, and I cannot see it by clicking on Win icon on taskbar. Her profile (Jenny) contains her documents and other files.

How can I retrieve her profile and reinstall her login so we can switch users?

:)

GregOtero, Dec 2, 2019

2. Lost User profile after Windows 10 install

I have the same problem-

lost a profile when windows 10 installed.

That profile is listed in the user folder in windows.old.

What is the procedure to recover it?

John_W_Fraser, Dec 2, 2019
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Lost Shared User Profile with WIN 10 update :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Lost Shared User Profile with WIN 10 update

(WINDOWS 10)"The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while logging-in with the guest user account on Windows 10.

This issue might be due to the User profile Services, please follow the below and check.

I suggest you to Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Lost Shared User Profile with WIN 10 update

1. Lost Shared User Profile with WIN 10 update - Similar Threads - Lost Shared User

2. User profile lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User profile lost: Hello, I have deleted my user profile by mistake and I was trying to get it back.I can see my profile in users folder in C driver with all its contents and I can see the SID for my user profile when I search for it in the Registry editor; however, it seems my windows can't...
  3. User profile lost

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User profile lost: Hello, I have deleted my user profile by mistake and I was trying to get it back.I can see my profile in users folder in C driver with all its contents and I can see the SID for my user profile when I search for it in the Registry editor; however, it seems my windows can't...
  4. User profile lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. lost windows user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost windows user profile: Ill start with this, I had 2 accounts on my pc, 1 for normal use and the other i made for uploading videos to youtube. My computer was acting up, so i took it to a repair shop, they wiped it and reinstalled windows. All works well now, except i can not remember the email that...
  6. lost desktop-user profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost desktop-user profile: Last night my computer was acting weird - slow, hanging up, etc. I turned it off. The monitor turned off, but the computer stayed on. I unplugged it for fear there was some kind of intrusion that McAfee was not containing. This morning I plugged it back in and turned it on. A...
  7. Windows 10 Update Lost My User Profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Update Lost My User Profile: This is the second time this has happened. The first time, I hunted for days before I found what worked. I went to the Registry and to HKEY-LOCAL-MACHINE>SOFTWARE>MICROSOFT>WINDOWS NT>CURRENT VERSION>PROFILELIST and found my profile with a .bak at the end. I removed the...
  8. Win 10 1903 update lost user profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 1903 update lost user profile: Windows 10 auto updated v1903 this morning (talking about 45 mins), and after completion, I could not access my pc on my normal user profile. After rebooting I could, but very sporadic behaviour, no defaults or user customisations (office, mozilla bookmarks etc) and soon no...
  9. User profile sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User profile sharing: Hello, Recently my friend added his account to my PC and now I have 2 accounts on my computer. We don’t share one PC, he has his own. He has a bunch of stuff installed on his account which, from what I see, take up a lot of space on my computer. Now the question is: if I...
  10. Shared User Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shared User Profile: I have multiple computers on my home network. For some reason the User Profile used on one computer is showing on another. Once the two profiles were switched. The computers have unique users and User Profiles and the two users do not share computers. How do we go back...