Windows 10: Lost sleep Windows 10

Discus and support Lost sleep Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Greetings, My W10 64 bit computer suddenly lost the SLEEP option. I don't believe it is connected to an update of any kind. Sleep does not show up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Dex1952, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Dex1952 Win User

Lost sleep Windows 10

Greetings,

My W10 64 bit computer suddenly lost the SLEEP option. I don't believe it is connected to an update of any kind. Sleep does not show up in Power Options. In Adv P.O. sleep does show up there, but is greyed out when I click on it.

Any help?

Thanx - Bob

Dell W10 64bit XPS8920 with the latest BIOS and other driver updates & latest 1903 update.

:)

Dex1952, Aug 5, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 5, 2019
  3. (DMA) Win User
    Lost SLEEP Mode

After a early October 2018 Windows 10 update I lost the ability to put my PC in SLEEP Mode and the SLEEP part of Power & Sleep is gone. Any suggestions on what I need to do to get this back?

(DMA), Aug 5, 2019
  4. Lost sleep Windows 10

Lost SLEEP Mode

hairulkhalifah, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Lost sleep Windows 10

1. Lost sleep Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Lost sleep

2. Lost administrator rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost administrator rights: In order to understand the problem completely I will start from the beginning. I was deleting some duplicate files in my Adobe Acrobat folder but the files from a specific folder required special administrator rights in order to be deleted (although I am the administrator and...
  3. windows live lost email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows live lost email: What is windows live error 0x00000000 and how do I recover my lost emails? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-lost-email/45ad034e-397d-4ee5-bb3b-c49f77c1427c"
  4. Lost Network Computer

Lost Network Computer: I have two desktop computers (Windows 10 and Windows 7) and a Laptop (Windows 10). Until recently they were connected by the same WiFi network and were all visible. Now I can see the two Desktops on each Desktop machine, but not the Laptop, and although I can see both...
  5. Lost files and software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost files and software: Did a update and lost browsers, and software went to do a restore and guess what . none to be found .is there a way to go back in time to like last night and restore what i had?...
  6. Lost SLEEP Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost SLEEP Mode: After a early October 2018 Windows 10 update I lost the ability to put my PC in SLEEP Mode and the SLEEP part of Power & Sleep is gone. Any suggestions on what I need to do to get this back?...
  7. Wallpaper (on network share) access lost when computer goes to sleep

Wallpaper (on network share) access lost when computer goes to sleep: Gents, As per title. I have a NAS (with FreeNAS) on which I've created a folder for my wallpapers. I've got a fair bit (I check interfacelift.com every couple of months or so for new ones) and keep them all in one folder, so that all of the computers in the house have...
  8. Computer lost saved state upon waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer lost saved state upon waking from sleep: Rather occasionally, like around 4-5x a month, when I wake my laptop from sleep, no previously running applications will be running and the desktop is clean as if it was rebooted. There is no BSOD as well. Any ideas on how to narrow down the issue ? Cheers *Smile Edit:...
  9. PC wakes from sleep to sync time and HDMI audio is lost

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wakes from sleep to sync time and HDMI audio is lost: For the last couple of weeks, I guess after upgrading to the Windows 10 Pro Preview Build 10586.545 or because of some windows update, I have been experiencing strange issues where, my PC wakes from sleep and the only thing that I can see in event viewer log is about syncing...
  10. Lost the sleep option in the power menu in Win10 9926!

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost the sleep option in the power menu in Win10 9926!: Ay-yi-yi. I reinstall Win10 ver 9926 to fix one problem only to run into another. On my power settings, I only have a setting for turning off the display. The usual sleep option is simply not there! I did a powerconfig setting default in a admin cmd line but it did not fix...