Windows 10: lost some apps and app setting and all files(need VERY urgent help)

Discus and support lost some apps and app setting and all files(need VERY urgent help) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So hey I need a very urgent help, just now I wanted to enable Cortana in my Windows 10 and I did it by following the following method- win+r then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/walkerF27, Jan 12, 2021.

1. lost some apps and app setting and all files(need VERY urgent help)

So hey I need a very urgent help,

just now I wanted to enable Cortana in my Windows 10 and I did it by following the following method-

1. win+r then search rededit
    2. Went to here Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search
    3. double click AllowCortana
    4. set the value from 0 to 1
    5. click ok and restart

Then when the laptop was restarted I was shocked to see that the whole windows was resetted. Lost all the folders, files, my educational files, app settings, some apps like whatsapp web is disappeared. The laptop also had my brother's and my dad's legal files They'll KILL me if I can't find them as soon as possible.

Please help

submitted by /u/walkerF27
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/walkerF27, Jan 12, 2021
  2. ZainZakie Win User

lost my files,settings and apps by automatic update

Hi friends, i was using Windows 10 Enterprise . And from automatic update, i lost my most important files . But , i have now recovered them . Now, the problem is that only two apps i.e. Cortana and Microsoft Edge are coming . And i can't find store,outlook,news and other apps etc . Please tell me how can i find those apps . Help me please .

Here is Screenshot .

lost some apps and app setting and all files(need VERY urgent help) [​IMG]

P.S : Sorry for my Grammar lost some apps and app setting and all files(need VERY urgent help) :)

ZainZakie, Jan 12, 2021
  3. How to set Microsoft Photos App as default

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left pane, click on Default Apps.
    • In the right pane, click on Choose default apps by file type.
    • Set the default App to open .jpg files and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Anakunda Win User

lost some apps and app setting and all files(need VERY urgent help)

Setting defaults by app

I need help to understand how do set ALL supported file formats to associated app.
    In Settings > Default Apps > Defaults by app > APP > Manage I get overlong list of file formats, most of them unassociated.
    I don't find any method how to select them all and assign them to this App. In Windows 8.x it worked this way I have detailed list with sorting and multiselect capabilities. That list in Windows 10 is dummy and unable to assign other way than selecting App from drobdown for each format. Is that smarter list from Windows 8 really gone?

Anakunda, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

lost some apps and app setting and all files(need VERY urgent help)

1. lost some apps and app setting and all files(need VERY urgent help) - Similar Threads - lost apps app

2. Urgent help needed with Microsoft To Do windows desktop app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Urgent help needed with Microsoft To Do windows desktop app: While exploring Microsoft To Do app on my windows PC, I have deleted the Due Dates from the "Planned" tab which means that the due date is now removed from all the lists in my Microsoft To Do app. Control + Z does not work either and now I do not know what to do as the task...
  3. Urgent help needed with Microsoft To Do windows desktop app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Urgent help needed with Microsoft To Do windows desktop app: While exploring Microsoft To Do app on my windows PC, I have deleted the Due Dates from the "Planned" tab which means that the due date is now removed from all the lists in my Microsoft To Do app. Control + Z does not work either and now I do not know what to do as the task...
  4. Some functionality of app are lost

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some functionality of app are lost: Not able to see the complete file names in downloads Cant use the pen on powerpoint https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-functionality-of-app-are-lost/953d72bd-4779-475f-a8d9-58d9a3aaa608
  5. Need some Urgent help for SSD migration

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some Urgent help for SSD migration: Hi all, I added an SSD to my laptop and cloned C drive from HDD. But its still booting from the HDD. I tried to switch it in Boot menu but only one is showing up there. How can i boot from SSD and format the C drive in HDD. Currently clone is E drive. I am using a HP...
  6. Lost icons for some apps, and also for jpg file

Lost icons for some apps, and also for jpg file: [ATTACH] Hello all, I hope someone will be able to help, I lost icons for some apps, and also for jpg file. This is mainly Microsoft apps. But also .jpg icon is gone when assigned with Windows Photos, works fine when default viewer is irfan...
  7. Lost files and apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost files and apps: I do not speak computereze . I updated my PC and lost the ability to access and edit any word docs. Notice says I have to purchase window office to gain access. I also lost some apps the most important of which was Legacy. Legacy has my family tree info I added for the past...
  8. urgent help needed- lost partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    urgent help needed- lost partition: Hi there I really need some help THe scenario: I was using windows 7 and had HDD partitioned C for windows D for data and files I went to install windows 10 and couldnt initially, so when it asked to install on drive i formatted and that didnt help, I then deleted the...
  9. Need urgent help

Need urgent help: So a few weeks ago I was watching a video on YouTube and I got a blue screen with the message "Kmode exception not handled" and then the laptop didn't turn on again. So I went to a repair store and got Windows reinstalled. After that the laptop was good as new. Today it...
  10. Apps and settings lost

in Windows 10 Support
    Apps and settings lost: Hi. Im new to this forum and thanks for the membership My PC got windows 10in february this year and has worked great until now Some days ago settings went back to default and changes like the quick launch disappeared. Many of the included apps like calculator is not...