Windows 10: Lost Sound after Sleep

Discus and support Lost Sound after Sleep in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've had this pc for a few days and it went into sleep mode earlier and I woke it up to no audio over my monitor speakers but bluetooth audio still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PuzzleheadedAd3838, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Lost Sound after Sleep

I've had this pc for a few days and it went into sleep mode earlier and I woke it up to no audio over my monitor speakers but bluetooth audio still worksin my headphones. I've tried everything I can with drivers (rollbacks, updates, etc) and I can't figure out what I'm missing. Tried switching monitors and cables but still no sound. The whole set up is brand new. Any help would be appreciated. PC: MSi Trident i7 RTX 2060 super 16gb ddr4 OS: Windows 10/64 Montors: 2x Acer Nitro vg240y

submitted by /u/PuzzleheadedAd3838
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PuzzleheadedAd3838, Feb 6, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Lost Sound after Sleep :p

cadaveca, Feb 6, 2021
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Feb 6, 2021
  4. (DMA) Win User

Lost Sound after Sleep

Lost SLEEP Mode

After a early October 2018 Windows 10 update I lost the ability to put my PC in SLEEP Mode and the SLEEP part of Power & Sleep is gone. Any suggestions on what I need to do to get this back?

(DMA), Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

Lost Sound after Sleep

1. Lost Sound after Sleep - Similar Threads - Lost Sound Sleep

2. Sound lost after resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound lost after resetting: I reset my computer in window 11 and now my sound and microphone are gone. Before reseting the computer, there used to be a CODEC sound system but I tried to press over it on device manager and it deleted itself. Is there anyway for me to recover sound? ;-;Even when I tried...
  3. Sound lost after resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound lost after resetting: I reset my computer in window 11 and now my sound and microphone are gone. Before reseting the computer, there used to be a CODEC sound system but I tried to press over it on device manager and it deleted itself. Is there anyway for me to recover sound? ;-;Even when I tried...
  4. Lost sound after Windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost sound after Windows update.: Lost sound after a Windows 11 update. Turned off and restarted computer several times and still no sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound-after-windows-update/8aeab7ef-df47-4bd0-b2b2-562eeb532ba3
  5. Lost sound after Windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost sound after Windows update.: Lost sound after a Windows 11 update. Turned off and restarted computer several times and still no sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound-after-windows-update/8aeab7ef-df47-4bd0-b2b2-562eeb532ba3
  6. Lost sound driver after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost sound driver after update: This happens every time there is an update. I cannot recall how I fixed it before. Already tried going to Device Manager and trying to update the driver. Only one shows there and cannot fix it. This i why I HATE these updates....
  7. No Sound After Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No Sound After Sleep Mode: Hello I have an Acer Nitro 5 laptop that I'd had since December 2019. I am running Win10, Version 1909 OS build 18363.815. Whenever this laptop is wakened from sleep mode, sound no longer plays from the speakers or from headphones. If I go into sound settings, under where...
  8. Sound disappearing after hibernation or sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sound disappearing after hibernation or sleep: My new PC won't play sound after hibernation or sleep, so I have to completely restart to make it work again. I didn't have the same issue with my previous PC. Is there a setting I can change to make it work?...
  9. Lost sound after crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost sound after crash: I'll try to keep this brief for now. Can provide more details later if requested. Basically what happened, computer froze when I moved mouse to get out of screen saver. I waited around 5 to 10 minutes, tried to open Task Manager but it was still frozen. Ended up holding...
  10. Sound not working after laptop sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not working after laptop sleep: Hello, I have been experiencing an audio problem very recently with my laptop (Model Schenker C505). Whenever I close my laptop lid, and make my laptop go to sleep, the audio will not reactivate once I wake it up. However, a restart of the system seems to do the trick...