Windows 10: lost sound after Windows 10 latest update

Discus and support lost sound after Windows 10 latest update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My HP desktop has been running happily with windows 10 but the latest windows update has killed my sound. Have tried all the instructions as per the HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dougalldog, Sep 7, 2020.

1. lost sound after Windows 10 latest update

My HP desktop has been running happily with windows 10 but the latest windows update has killed my sound. Have tried all the instructions as per the HP virtual assistant; but still no sound. Need help, my knowledge of software is very limited.

:)

Dougalldog, Sep 7, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

lost sound after Windows 10 latest update

Hi, here's how to get your full build number:

winkey + r, winver

2004 is just a major build... it has many build numbers starting 19041 as you can see here:

lost sound after Windows 10 latest update [​IMG]

- where you can read about your latest KB..... update

The latest update is shown here:

or here:

There have been problems for some with 2004 with Conexant sound, but you have Realtek.

This appears to be a desktop from around 2013/14- is that correct?

I'm unable to find a precise reference to it- please post its drivers page. The nearest model I've found is
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03933829

Consider running the appropriate HP support tool:
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/topic/d...gory=computing

Can you find it in any of the HP Win 10 approved lists?
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05195282

dalchina, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Lost sound after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10. Sorry to know that you’re facing this issue. I will be glad to assist you. I suggest you to follow few methods given below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2:
    I suggest you to try updating the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the sound driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers’.
    • Right-click on the Sound device listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Method 3:
    Uninstall and reinstall the Sound driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
    • Right-click on the Audio devices listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to delete driver software.
    Restart the computer after its uninstalled. Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and sound drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Sep 7, 2020
  4. lost sound after Windows 10 latest update

no sound after update to windows 10

Hi,

In most cases, the current drivers for your sound card are not compatible with the latest version of Windows. We suggest in getting the latest driver for your sound card and make sure that the driver is fully compatible with the latest version of Windows
    10. Kindly refer to the links below for the troubleshooting steps that you can use to possibly resolve your concern.

Do get back to us with the results and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Jomel_Santos, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

lost sound after Windows 10 latest update

1. lost sound after Windows 10 latest update - Similar Threads - lost sound latest

2. Lost sound after Windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost sound after Windows update.: Lost sound after a Windows 11 update. Turned off and restarted computer several times and still no sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound-after-windows-update/8aeab7ef-df47-4bd0-b2b2-562eeb532ba3
  3. lost sound after Windows 10 latest update

in Windows 10 Support
    lost sound after Windows 10 latest update: My HP desktop has been running happily with windows 10 but the latest windows update has killed my sound. Have tried all the instructions as per the HP virtual assistant; but still no sound. Need help, my knowledge of software is very limited. 163917
  4. Data lost after after windows 10 latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Data lost after after windows 10 latest update: Hello Everyone!!! I'm facing issues regarding the latest update of windows 10. My Data and Apps that i installed got deleted. Every time logged in to my device My device removes my data.......Please help me to solve my issue Thank you so much!!!...
  5. NO SOUND AFTER WINDOWS LATEST UPDATE .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NO SOUND AFTER WINDOWS LATEST UPDATE .: After the latest windows update ,build 19025.vb_relase 191112-1414 which I downloaded yesterday @18.38 , there is no sound from the speakers , the same thing happened last year . The only thing is I can't go back and restore windows to the previous version because there is...
  6. No sound after latest update.

No sound after latest update.: Hello Microsoft Community, Recently, I have updated my laptop, an HP Notebook PC 15-bs033cl, and have experienced a severe issue with my machine. After the update, I did not lose any files (thank goodness), but did lose my sound completely. On the taskbar the volume icon...
  7. No sound after latest Windows 10 update

No sound after latest Windows 10 update: First off, my sound was working flawlessly, but then the latest Windows 10 update installed and now I don't have any sound from Twitch, YouTube in Edge or Chrome or any video files via a media player. However, I can hear windows sound alerts. So, only the OS sounds are...
  8. No sound after latest Windows 10 update

No sound after latest Windows 10 update: First off, my sound was working flawlessly, but then the latest Windows 10 update installed and now I don't have any sound from Twitch, YouTube in Edge or Chrome or any video files via a media player. However, I can hear windows sound alerts. So, only the OS sounds are...
  9. Lost Sound After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost Sound After Windows 10 Update: Hello and thank you beforehand for any help anyone can give me. I just built a PC that has Windows 10 and a Headphones/Speakers Jack in the front of the case. Right after I logged in, I got a Windows 10 Update which automatically ran. Afterwards, I now have no sound coming...
  10. Lost sound after latest Windows 10 update (Sound Blaster Z)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost sound after latest Windows 10 update (Sound Blaster Z): Hello there, As in the title: I have lost sound after latest Windows 10 update, which happened yesterday (23rd June 2017) - I am using Creative Sound Blaster Z sound card. I have tried reinstalling the drivers, then reinstalling the device, then reinstalling the device and...