Windows 10: Lost sound driver after update

Discus and support Lost sound driver after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This happens every time there is an update. I cannot recall how I fixed it before. Already tried going to Device Manager and trying to update the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SallyLawing, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Lost sound driver after update

This happens every time there is an update. I cannot recall how I fixed it before. Already tried going to Device Manager and trying to update the driver. Only one shows there and cannot fix it. This i why I HATE these updates.

:)

SallyLawing, Sep 17, 2020

2. Lost sound after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10. Sorry to know that you’re facing this issue. I will be glad to assist you. I suggest you to follow few methods given below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2:
    I suggest you to try updating the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the sound driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers’.
    • Right-click on the Sound device listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Method 3:
    Uninstall and reinstall the Sound driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
    • Right-click on the Audio devices listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to delete driver software.
    Restart the computer after its uninstalled. Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and sound drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Sep 17, 2020
  3. lost Sound Audio after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps.

Method 1: Type “windows updates” in the search bar and press Check for updates option. If updates are remaining, kindly install all of remaining windows updates.

Method 2: If this doesn’t help I would recommend you try updating the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check.

Method 3:Try Uninstalling and then reinstalling the Sound drivers. Follow the steps below

• Press Windows key + R, type “devmgmt.msc” in the run prompt.

• Expand the Sound, video and game controllers, right-click the sound card, click uninstall.

• Restart the computer, let Windows detect the driver and install by itself.

• Manually download the latest drivers by going to the manufacturers Website.
    Hope this helps. Please respond for further queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Lost sound driver after update

Sound lost after upgrade to Windows 10 and gettin error message "No driver was supported in this driver package".

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Method 2: I would request you to start the Windows Audio and Windows End Point Builder service.

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc in the run dialog box and hit enter.
    • Now look for services called Windows audio and Windows End point builder
      and make sure that services are started and set to automatic.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Lost sound driver after update

1. Lost sound driver after update - Similar Threads - Lost sound driver

2. Sound Lost after Windows Update -missing drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Lost after Windows Update -missing drivers: My speakers/sound stopped working after a large Windows download recently. I have an HP Pavilion Elite Model HPC 410t which HP says is retired. There are no drivers on the HP support site . The message on the devices page states tha the AMD HDMI Output AMD High Def Audio...
  3. Sound Lost after Windows Update -missing drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Lost after Windows Update -missing drivers: My speakers/sound stopped working after a large Windows download recently. I have an HP Pavilion Elite Model HPC 410t which HP says is retired. There are no drivers on the HP support site . The message on the devices page states tha the AMD HDMI Output AMD High Def Audio...
  4. Sound Lost after Windows Update -missing drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Lost sound after Windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost sound after Windows update.: Lost sound after a Windows 11 update. Turned off and restarted computer several times and still no sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound-after-windows-update/8aeab7ef-df47-4bd0-b2b2-562eeb532ba3
  6. Lost sound after Windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost sound after Windows update.: Lost sound after a Windows 11 update. Turned off and restarted computer several times and still no sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound-after-windows-update/8aeab7ef-df47-4bd0-b2b2-562eeb532ba3
  7. Sound lost after Windows update to 1903

Sound lost after Windows update to 1903: Hi, I have a Windows 10 Pro Build 1903 that lost its sound. After the latest update I no longer have a "Speaker" output under my sound devices. The device is a SB X-Fi, connected to simple speakers. I've followed many various threads on how to fix (disable/re-enable,...
  8. No sound after updating drivers

No sound after updating drivers: Hello, I have recently tried to update sound drivers and I've lost all sound output after that. The sound test shows working but there's no sound. Nothing I've tried helped. Rolled back the drivers, running diagnostics..I even reinstalled the windows still have the same...
  9. Lost Sound After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost Sound After Windows 10 Update: Hello and thank you beforehand for any help anyone can give me. I just built a PC that has Windows 10 and a Headphones/Speakers Jack in the front of the case. Right after I logged in, I got a Windows 10 Update which automatically ran. Afterwards, I now have no sound coming...
  10. Sound Driver lost after each reboot.

Sound Driver lost after each reboot.: Hi there. Since upgrading to win 10, I am having problems with sound not being permanent. Don't quite know how to approach it. This is VIA HD audio on an ECS motherboard. The icon on the taskbar shows that sound is on, and at 75%. But when I test it, there is no sound coming...