Windows 10: Lost sound driver in HP Touchsmart AIO when upgrading from 7 to 10

Discus and support Lost sound driver in HP Touchsmart AIO when upgrading from 7 to 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I obtained this (rather older) desktop AIO with Win 7 and I just upgraded to Win 10. In the process, the sound driver disappeared. I have googled with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Odyssey42, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Odyssey42 Win User

Lost sound driver in HP Touchsmart AIO when upgrading from 7 to 10

I obtained this (rather older) desktop AIO with Win 7 and I just upgraded to Win 10. In the process, the sound driver disappeared. I have googled with nothing helpful turning up. I got a popup type message saying that no sound device (or words to that effect) could be found and it offered to diagnose. I have run the diagnostic with no cure offered and, not being very tech savvy, do not know what to do next. What information can I provide? I will be grateful for any assistance

:)

Odyssey42, Jan 22, 2021
  2. zbook Win User

HP Envy TouchSmart 4-1115dx NO TOUCH in Win10 /w SSD

HP ENVY TouchSmart Sleekbook 4-1115dx More Support Options | HP® Customer Support

See if you can run through these troubleshooting steps:

HP PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (WindowsÂ*10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

Step 1: Confirm the computer has a touch screen
    Step 2: Enable and reinstall the touch screen driver in Device Manager
    Step 3: Configure the touch display
    Step 4: Install Windows updates
    Step 5: Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics
    Step 6: Adjust the power management settings for your touch screen
    Step 7: Perform a hard reset (notebook PCs) or full shutdown and restart (All-in-One PCs)
    Step 8: Update the BIOS and graphics driver

zbook, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Ztruker Win User
    HP Touchsmart 600 bootup issues

It's a Win 10 feature, the computer is at Win 10.

Ztruker, Jan 22, 2021
  4. sirdir Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade on Old Hp Touchsmart

I wasn't able to upgrade my HP Touchsmart 600 (1040ch) to Windows 10. It just hangs on first boot and reverts back to windows 7...Trying for days now, haven't found a solution yet.

sirdir, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Lost sound driver in HP Touchsmart AIO when upgrading from 7 to 10 - Similar Threads - Lost sound driver

2. Sound lost when installed win 10 pro from win 7.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound lost when installed win 10 pro from win 7.: Installed win 10 pro from win 7- lost sound device being recognized on my computer. Troubleshooter states no sound installed. This happened after installing win 10 defender updates. Any solutions??...
  3. W-10, lost left channel sound shortly after Upgrade from W-7

W-10, lost left channel sound shortly after Upgrade from W-7: Hello all; I have a problem with the sound having lost the left channel shortly after upgrading from W-7. My W-10 Home version is 2004, Build 1941.746. This happened many months ago, and I had given up on a fix, short of a complete re-installation. After all I have sound just...
  4. HP TOUCHSMART 610 TOUCHSCREEN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP TOUCHSMART 610 TOUCHSCREEN: Hi Since upgrading to windows 10 my Touchscreen has stopped working. I have tried updating and disabling the drivers, updated Windows 10, uninstalling and reinstalling the touchscreen drivers but to no avail. I have read through the questions and answers in the forum and...
  5. HP TouchSmart - Windows 10 - Google Chrome - Blackboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HP TouchSmart - Windows 10 - Google Chrome - Blackboard: [ATTACH] I am doing online school so am constantly having to login to Blackboard and other parts of the school website. Every time I go to login I get this error (picture attached) and I can only login after I clear my Cache and Cookies on Google Chrome settings. Does...
  6. HP Pavilion TouchSmart touchscreen not working

HP Pavilion TouchSmart touchscreen not working: I have an HP Pavilion TouchSmart all-in-one. The touchscreen stopped working. I have followed all the troubleshooting instructions, turn PC off and on, check for updates - all completed, disabled and enabled the HID compliant touchscreen, uninstalled and reinstalled the...
  7. Reset HP Touchsmart Windows 10

Reset HP Touchsmart Windows 10: This was relatively easy to follow; until process completed, now have the red X on my Sound Control - meaning not working now; have tried all things as described in support groups etc. but the IDT High Definition Audio Codec will not be enabled even after uninstalling ,...
  8. I have a HP TouchSmart 310 computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have a HP TouchSmart 310 computer.: I had Windows 10 on my TS Computer. Approximately two weeks ago It disappeared and now my computer has Windows 7. I still have Windows 10 on my laptop. What happened? How can I get Windows 10 restored to my computer?...
  9. Upgraded from Win 7 to 10. Sound is a mess.

Upgraded from Win 7 to 10. Sound is a mess.: Hi Everyone, I am new to the Forum, I've been using Win 7 for a very long time. I was hoping someone could help me out! I recently upgraded and my Sub-Woofer doesn't work anymore. I have a Logitech 2.1 ch system plugged into the green rear 3.5mm jack on my mother board. My...
  10. HP Touchsmart 600 bootup issues

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Touchsmart 600 bootup issues: My mother has a HP Touchsmart 600 that I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Windows 10 works fine on there, once it finally boots up. I've noticed this scenario: Power Button to turn on computer BIOS Displays Windows 10 logo displays screen goes completely black for a...