Windows 10: Lost sound on laptop with windows 10

Discus and support Lost sound on laptop with windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Lost sound on laptop three days ago and can not get it back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lovedenis, Dec 7, 2018.

1. lovedenis Win User

Lost sound on laptop with windows 10

Lost sound on laptop three days ago and can not get it back

:)

lovedenis, Dec 7, 2018
  2. Opie540 Win User

sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Lost sound after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10. Sorry to know that you’re facing this issue. I will be glad to assist you. I suggest you to follow few methods given below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2:
    I suggest you to try updating the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the sound driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers’.
    • Right-click on the Sound device listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Method 3:
    Uninstall and reinstall the Sound driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
    • Right-click on the Audio devices listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to delete driver software.
    Restart the computer after its uninstalled. Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and sound drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Lost sound on laptop with windows 10 - Similar Threads - Lost sound laptop

2. lost sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost sound: lost sound 3 days ago and have ran audio troubleshooter several times and different ways has anyone had this problem if so how did you fix it thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound/357b449b-a2fe-4220-8047-771cdfcb9fa0
  3. lost sound in ASUS ROG laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost sound in ASUS ROG laptop: This computer has games that I never use, so I was going to uninstall something relevant in apps & features. I got some warning I think that something else needed to be done, so I cancelled. After my next reboot, I noticed videos were playing with no audio. There is no audio....
  4. lost sound in ASUS ROG laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost sound in ASUS ROG laptop: This computer has games that I never use, so I was going to uninstall something relevant in apps & features. I got some warning I think that something else needed to be done, so I cancelled. After my next reboot, I noticed videos were playing with no audio. There is no audio....
  5. lost sound in ASUS ROG laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Lost Sound on Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost Sound on Laptop: I have lost sound on my Dell laptop. It indicates no audio devices detected. I made no changes since last shutdown. Restart does not help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound-on-laptop/d41b5961-be8c-4c27-9e5e-c510c737cd33
  7. Lost sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost sound: lost the sound how to recover https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound/9996cfa8-86fd-4092-bf30-370216050ffc
  8. Sound Card lost in Windows 10

Sound Card lost in Windows 10: Sound card, no Sound card troubleshoot sound doesn't work. Suggestion below " Hello JSALVANS, Thank you for your post. In device manage is there a device with a question mark or explanation mark? If there is then it’s probably your sound card. Right click on it and...
  9. Lost sound

Lost sound: My Windows 10 system has run OK for at least one year, with the sound working. Some days ago. the sound icon showed a red cross, and the sound had stopped working with the error message: "No audio device is installed". Using the inbuilt diagnostic, the system corrected the...
  10. Lost sound

Lost sound: [img] My Logitech S-220 speaker system was working fine with my Asus 2007 desktop with Win 10 until I moved to my son's house. At this time I allowed Microsoft to update Win 10; something about fall .I wonder if this lost the sound. Logitech forum was hopeless. If any one has...