Windows 10: Lost sound settings

Discus and support Lost sound settings in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After each incremental update, my sound settings crash. DTS Audio Processing automatically turns on And hardware acceleration of sound. And also after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by D_IMAN, Sep 27, 2022.

1. D_IMAN Win User

Lost sound settings

After each incremental update, my sound settings crash. DTS Audio Processing automatically turns on And hardware acceleration of sound. And also after turning on or rebooting the laptop, the headset volume always returns to 50%, regardless of how much it was previously set... Upgrading to 22H2 did not fix these issues. Drivers \ Bios, etc. Everything is up to date!What could be the problem?

:)

D_IMAN, Sep 27, 2022
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Lost sound settings :p

cadaveca, Sep 27, 2022
  3. Sound card amplification settings

Yeah unfortunately ASUS and Realtek are not stepping up and fixing this it seems. Wherever I see such problems mentioned on forums some users are suggesting just uninstalling the Realtek driver and using the Windows audio driver.

Frag Maniac, Sep 27, 2022
  4. fireberd Win User

Lost sound settings

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Sep 27, 2022
Thema:

Lost sound settings

1. Lost sound settings - Similar Threads - Lost sound settings

2. Lost sound settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost sound settings: After each incremental update, my sound settings crash. DTS Audio Processing automatically turns on And hardware acceleration of sound. And also after turning on or rebooting the laptop, the headset volume always returns to 50%, regardless of how much it was previously set......
  3. lost sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lost sound: lost sound 3 days ago and have ran audio troubleshooter several times and different ways has anyone had this problem if so how did you fix it thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound/357b449b-a2fe-4220-8047-771cdfcb9fa0
  4. lost sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost sound: lost sound 3 days ago and have ran audio troubleshooter several times and different ways has anyone had this problem if so how did you fix it thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound/357b449b-a2fe-4220-8047-771cdfcb9fa0
  5. lost sound

6. Sound lost

Sound lost: I had sound in November 2021, and thats how long I've been trying to get my sound to play on my computer. It says its there but, its disabled. Tried to enable it didn't work. I need help. I tried external speakers,didn't work....
  7. Lost sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost sound: lost the sound how to recover https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound/9996cfa8-86fd-4092-bf30-370216050ffc
  8. Sound lost

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound lost: Win 10 with all latest updates, connected to Bose speaker Wi-Fi with Bluetooth. Apparently, everything is connected properly but no sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-lost/d3faff2a-5422-4699-9314-64895dde5f4f
  9. Lost sound

Lost sound: My Windows 10 system has run OK for at least one year, with the sound working. Some days ago. the sound icon showed a red cross, and the sound had stopped working with the error message: "No audio device is installed". Using the inbuilt diagnostic, the system corrected the...
  10. Lost sound

Lost sound: [img] My Logitech S-220 speaker system was working fine with my Asus 2007 desktop with Win 10 until I moved to my son's house. At this time I allowed Microsoft to update Win 10; something about fall .I wonder if this lost the sound. Logitech forum was hopeless. If any one has...