Windows 10: Lost Sound with HDMI....sort of

Discus and support Lost Sound with HDMI....sort of in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; 3 weeks ago I came home on a Friday to a Insider Update reboot requirement. I watch TV through my PC using an HDMI cable to the TV. I can plug in to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FJRPilot, Sep 30, 2018.

1. FJRPilot Win User

Lost Sound with HDMI....sort of

3 weeks ago I came home on a Friday to a Insider Update reboot requirement. I watch TV through my PC using an HDMI cable to the TV. I can plug in to the TV directly or my DVR using an HDMI/AV adapter. There was no sound with the adapter. I ran through all the usual tests and all checked out except using the adapter. OK , I'll watch TV plugging into the HDMI on the TV. It worked for one episode. Next episode, no sound. Changed to a different HDMI port and same thing. One show good, next one no sound. I can play a DVD with my PC to the TV with no problems. Stop, start, fast forward, change DVD and it works fine. I have a second player hooked up to an HDMI port on my TV and it also works fine. I have been messing with this for three weeks now. All drivers are up to date. What is going on?

:)

FJRPilot, Sep 30, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Sep 30, 2018
  3. no sound through hdmi to tv

Hi,

The HDMI might not be set as default. To set this as default please follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Sound.
    • Select Change system sounds.
    • Click Playback.
    • Then select the device.
    • At the bottom, click Set Default.
    • Click Apply and OK.

If the troubleshooting steps above did not work for you, try changing a different HDMI cable.

Keep us updated with the result.

Robert Caw, Sep 30, 2018
  4. kevfas Win User

no sound through hdmi to tv

this doesn't work there are no devices showing only the speakers there are none hidden or disabled

kevfas, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Lost Sound with HDMI....sort of - Similar Threads - Lost Sound HDMI

2. lost all sound after installing a new monitor with HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lost all sound after installing a new monitor with HDMI cable: I've just installed a new monitor connected through and HDMI cable and I lost sound in my onboard sound card. The monitor has no speakers. My computer is now silent. I've read a few posts about this issue and tried a bunch of fixes but no one worked: -going through solving...
  3. Lost favorites and sorted

in Browsers and Email
    Lost favorites and sorted: I am using Chromium Edge. A Folder got moved and I can not find it so I am assuming that it has been deleted. I would like to be able to restore the folder. Also I sorted the favorites, can I fix that? I looked at some suggested fixes but I could not find my folder. Thank...
  4. Lost favorites and sorted

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost favorites and sorted: I am using Chromium Edge. A Folder got moved and I can not find it so I am assuming that it has been deleted. I would like to be able to restore the folder. Also I sorted the favorites, can I fix that? I looked at some suggested fixes but I could not find my folder. Thank...
  5. No sound over HDMI

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound over HDMI: Hi. I have a Dell optiplex 7010. [ATTACH] I have a Intel HD 4000 graphic card, with 2 Display Ports. I connected a "DP to HDMI" adapter to one DP, and an HDMI cable to an HDMI port of a Hitachi Smart TV. I installed the newer drivers, and in Device Manager I can see the...
  6. HDMI Sound

HDMI Sound: hello. my audio doesnt play on the tv when i connect with hdmi cable, it keeps playing at my laptop. how to solve this ya? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-sound/48f82785-6f0d-4465-b1e2-3416911e854d
  7. HDMI sound lost on Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDMI sound lost on Windows 10 Upgrade: Hi, I have an ASUS notebook for about 2-years with all Windows 10 Home updates. The notebook is connected via an HDMI lead to my Samsung TV used as a monitor. Sound and picture on TV worked fine until the most recent Windows 10 upgrade a few days ago, after which the...
  8. sound with hdmi cable

sound with hdmi cable: I connected my computer with an hdmi cable to my tv and the display and sound worked fine. But every time that I wake my computer up after that I have no sound unless I disconnect and then reconnect the hdmi cable to the tv. How can this be resolved without having to...
  9. HDMI sound issues

HDMI sound issues: HP pavillion, i3 chip running windows 10 up to date as of today and on checking showing no available updaates. NO sound running from HDMI cable to TV. Realtec drivers up to date and checked. SOund settings showing only realtec high definition speakers, no option for digital...
  10. HDMI/No sound

HDMI/No sound: How is it possible that so many people can have the same problem, write in this forum so many times and I can't find a fix answer. Device connected with HDMI cord will not show up in the "sounds" as an option to be selected....