Windows 10: lost sound with windows upgrade

Discus and support lost sound with windows upgrade in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Need help to get sound back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound-with-windows-upgrade/b03f9c30-3084-4a50-9e2b-8f791a4305bf Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gabriel Leventhal, Jan 31, 2023.

1. lost sound with windows upgrade

Need help to get sound back

:)

Gabriel Leventhal, Jan 31, 2023

2. Lost sound after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10. Sorry to know that you’re facing this issue. I will be glad to assist you. I suggest you to follow few methods given below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2:
    I suggest you to try updating the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the sound driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers’.
    • Right-click on the Sound device listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Method 3:
    Uninstall and reinstall the Sound driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
    • Right-click on the Audio devices listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to delete driver software.
    Restart the computer after its uninstalled. Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and sound drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Jan 31, 2023
  3. lost Sound Audio after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps.

Method 1: Type “windows updates” in the search bar and press Check for updates option. If updates are remaining, kindly install all of remaining windows updates.

Method 2: If this doesn’t help I would recommend you try updating the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check.

Method 3:Try Uninstalling and then reinstalling the Sound drivers. Follow the steps below

• Press Windows key + R, type “devmgmt.msc” in the run prompt.

• Expand the Sound, video and game controllers, right-click the sound card, click uninstall.

• Restart the computer, let Windows detect the driver and install by itself.

• Manually download the latest drivers by going to the manufacturers Website.
    Hope this helps. Please respond for further queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jan 31, 2023
  4. cadaveca Win User

lost sound with windows upgrade

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue lost sound with windows upgrade :p

cadaveca, Jan 31, 2023
Thema:

lost sound with windows upgrade

1. lost sound with windows upgrade - Similar Threads - lost sound upgrade

2. lost sound with windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost sound with windows upgrade: Need help to get sound back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound-with-windows-upgrade/b03f9c30-3084-4a50-9e2b-8f791a4305bf
  3. lost sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lost sound: lost sound 3 days ago and have ran audio troubleshooter several times and different ways has anyone had this problem if so how did you fix it thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound/357b449b-a2fe-4220-8047-771cdfcb9fa0
  4. lost sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost sound: lost sound 3 days ago and have ran audio troubleshooter several times and different ways has anyone had this problem if so how did you fix it thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound/357b449b-a2fe-4220-8047-771cdfcb9fa0
  5. Lost sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost sound: lost the sound how to recover https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound/9996cfa8-86fd-4092-bf30-370216050ffc
  6. Sound lost

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound lost: Win 10 with all latest updates, connected to Bose speaker Wi-Fi with Bluetooth. Apparently, everything is connected properly but no sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-lost/d3faff2a-5422-4699-9314-64895dde5f4f
  7. After Windows 10 upgrade I lost sound

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Windows 10 upgrade I lost sound: The sound stopped working after Windows 10 upgrade. I tried to troubleshoot the issue but didn’t find the culprit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-windows-10-upgrade-i-lost-sound/29fc1dbb-dc16-4b64-9d9b-c1bf030a5c2d
  8. HDMI sound lost on Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDMI sound lost on Windows 10 Upgrade: Hi, I have an ASUS notebook for about 2-years with all Windows 10 Home updates. The notebook is connected via an HDMI lead to my Samsung TV used as a monitor. Sound and picture on TV worked fine until the most recent Windows 10 upgrade a few days ago, after which the...
  9. Lost sound

Lost sound: My Windows 10 system has run OK for at least one year, with the sound working. Some days ago. the sound icon showed a red cross, and the sound had stopped working with the error message: "No audio device is installed". Using the inbuilt diagnostic, the system corrected the...
  10. Lost sound

Lost sound: [img] My Logitech S-220 speaker system was working fine with my Asus 2007 desktop with Win 10 until I moved to my son's house. At this time I allowed Microsoft to update Win 10; something about fall .I wonder if this lost the sound. Logitech forum was hopeless. If any one has...