Windows 10: Lost space in C partition

Discus and support Lost space in C partition in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; there should be a 28 free gigabytes in my 60 gigabytes C partition as I have 32 gigabytes of occupied space as shown in the first screenshot I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EslamAbd Elaziz, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Lost space in C partition

there should be a 28 free gigabytes in my 60 gigabytes C partition as I have 32 gigabytes of occupied space as shown in the first screenshot

I've shown hidden files and protected operating system, so that's everything in C partition

https://ibb.co/Sy1QTZw

but I got only a 21.8 so there are 6.2 gigabytes that are lost I don't have any problem with my hard disk when I first installed w 10

https://ibb.co/hmPf9Vr

:)

EslamAbd Elaziz, Sep 19, 2020

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Sep 19, 2020
  3. RejZoR Win User
    Partition space

You're not understanding this. Unallocated space is NOT equal as (partitioned) empty space.

Unallocated space means empty RAW sectors on HDD. Empty space means an already allocated file system (either FAT32 or NTFS or any other) that is not occupied by any data.

So in your case, as DanTheBanjoman already suggested, don't try to shrink "unallocated space", extend the main (C*Smile Lost space in C partition :) partition instead. You can't shrink something that doesn't exist (unallocated space), but you can extend the existing partition over unallocated space.
    So, just select the C: partition and extend it further. Program should automatically allow you to do that. I'm not using Partition Magic, but i usually done this with either:
    MiniTool Partition Wizard Free - manage and resize disk partitions (also for 64bit OS!)

or

EaseUS Partition Master - manage disk partitions (only for 32bit OS!)

RejZoR, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Ruz San Win User

Lost space in C partition

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CLost space in C partition :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Lost space in C partition

1. Lost space in C partition - Similar Threads - Lost space partition

2. C Drive, lost Space, partitions, please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C Drive, lost Space, partitions, please help.: I seem to have messed up my CDrive somehow, I seem to have partitions that have divided up my cdrive space and now has left me very short of download space. is there anyway to get my space back to normal possibly all my space in one place as shown in the photos below, there...
  3. C Drive, lost Space, partitions, please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C Drive, lost Space, partitions, please help.: I seem to have messed up my CDrive somehow, I seem to have partitions that have divided up my cdrive space and now has left me very short of download space. is there anyway to get my space back to normal possibly all my space in one place as shown in the photos below, there...
  4. Lost up space on C drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost up space on C drive: Today, I noticed that my C drive suddenly lost 14 gigabytes !! Yesterday it was ok and it lost all that space out of a sudden. !! I tried free up disk space tool, it didn't work. Tried avg tuneup didn't work also. I scanned the laptop for virus and malware by avg antivirus...
  5. C: drive lost space randomly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C: drive lost space randomly.: Hey all, a few hours ago, my C: drive lost space from 7GB to 4GB. And I do not know what happened. All I may really recall is that I installed a new game, then deleted it. As I did not like the game and took up a lot of storage. I also changed my :E drive from FAT32 to NTFS....
  6. Partitions lost?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partitions lost?: This happened suddenly. When i started my laptop, i noticed some of the shortcuts not showing any icon. Then i went to This PC and noticed that I've lost all two partitions except the C drive. I tried to find a solution but didn't find any. Disk Management doesn't show it...
  7. lost partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost partition: This has happened twice now and I'm very confused. I have a HDD and have partitions- "C" and "F" The "F" partition is what I'm having problems with. A few months ago I got a windows update and as a normal person I just updated this over night (This was a large update, not...
  8. Release space the partition C

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Release space the partition C: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam, please let me know how space is released on partition C. I'm waiting for an answer! A good day!. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/release-space-the-partition-c/36209208-a18b-4dc6-ad6b-ffa01330da3d
  9. Lost a Partition

Lost a Partition: Hi on one of my W10 Pro PC's I have a 1TB HDD attached by USB, I used AOMEI Partition Assistant to create a 500GB partition and when it was finished I expected it to show the Partition and some un-allocated space but only the 500GB partition is showing in Explorer, Disk...
  10. How combine unallocated space and add to C: partition?

How combine unallocated space and add to C: partition?: Below is a screenshot made by MiniTool Free Edition. I would like to combine the two unallocated spaces and add the space to the C: partition. Do I need the paid version to do this? Attachment 96363 60387