Windows 10: Lost start menu windows 10

Discus and support Lost start menu windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've lost my start menu on windows 10. Any advice on getting it back please?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kath Clark, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Lost start menu windows 10

I've lost my start menu on windows 10. Any advice on getting it back please?

:)

Kath Clark, Dec 6, 2018
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Dec 6, 2018
  4. DonGirvin Win User

Lost start menu windows 10

LOST WINDOWS 10 START MENU

After trying all suggested fixes, I finally was forced to use Windows Recovery under Settings to reload the full system. I lost all non-Microsoft applications but recovered the start menu. Though this was a painful, no other suggestions worked.

Windows created an HTML file listing all programs that was deleted and that was very helpful for reinstalling mt lost programs.

Thanks to everyone for their effort, perhaps Microsoft will discover the root cause of so many who are losing the Start menu and can prevent it in the future.

DonGirvin, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Lost start menu windows 10

1. Lost start menu windows 10 - Similar Threads - Lost start menu

2. Lost start menu function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost start menu function: Keep clicking on start menu but it will not open. I tried to use the shortcut key on the keyboard and it is still the same. How can I open it? I have Windows 10 Acer laptop and it is working yesterday....
  3. Lost start menu function

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost start menu function: Keep clicking on start menu but it will not open. I tried to use the shortcut key on the keyboard and it is still the same. How can I open it? I have Windows 10 Acer laptop and it is working yesterday....
  4. Lost Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Start Menu: Open immediately to web login page. Cannot access Shut Down menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-start-menu/659a5a5a-28c6-43ab-93e3-b791b8ebcbab
  5. Lost Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Start Menu: Open immediately to web login page. Cannot access Shut Down menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-start-menu/659a5a5a-28c6-43ab-93e3-b791b8ebcbab
  6. Windows 10 Start Menu changes lost at start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu changes lost at start up: Since upgrading to Windows 10 Home 1809, my Start Menu has reverted to standard pre-installed apps. I can add and remove items, but these changes are lost next time the PC boots....
  7. Lost Start Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost Start Menu: After the latest update, my Windows 10 laptop seems 'stuck' on tiles. I loathe tiles. I want my start menu back, and when the tiles are active, the start menu doesn't work. For some reason, I'm also again back with Cortana 'active.' Cortana is clearly the work of the...
  8. Lost Window 10 start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost Window 10 start menu: I have lost my Windows 10 Start menu & icon on the task bar. Via Google, I have the Microsoft instructions assured to correct this problem. It didn't. The next step - according too the Microsoft instructions - is to reinstall all Windows 10 apps . I think this is a bit...
  9. Lost my start menu window

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost my start menu window: The little windows square at bottom left on screen has stopped showing the startup apps - I can still get to them in a list with a right mouse click. How do I reset this to give me the pictorial display with Cortina ? 76242
  10. Lost Start Menu and Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost Start Menu and Search: For whatever reason I have lost the use of my Start Menu and Search function. Is there any way to get the 'Settings' page open without the Start Menu? Winkey + I did it. 6925