Windows 10: Lost Start Menu

Discus and support Lost Start Menu in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Open immediately to web login page. Cannot access Shut Down menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nancy 944, Nov 16, 2021.

1. Nancy 944 Win User

Lost Start Menu

Open immediately to web login page. Cannot access Shut Down menu

:)

Nancy 944, Nov 16, 2021
  2. DonGirvin Win User

LOST WINDOWS 10 START MENU

After trying all suggested fixes, I finally was forced to use Windows Recovery under Settings to reload the full system. I lost all non-Microsoft applications but recovered the start menu. Though this was a painful, no other suggestions worked.

Windows created an HTML file listing all programs that was deleted and that was very helpful for reinstalling mt lost programs.

Thanks to everyone for their effort, perhaps Microsoft will discover the root cause of so many who are losing the Start menu and can prevent it in the future.

DonGirvin, Nov 16, 2021
  3. Jeraldine Ase, Nov 16, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Lost Start Menu

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Nov 16, 2021
Thema:

Lost Start Menu

1. Lost Start Menu - Similar Threads - Lost Start Menu

2. Lost start menu function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost start menu function: Keep clicking on start menu but it will not open. I tried to use the shortcut key on the keyboard and it is still the same. How can I open it? I have Windows 10 Acer laptop and it is working yesterday....
  3. Lost start menu function

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost start menu function: Keep clicking on start menu but it will not open. I tried to use the shortcut key on the keyboard and it is still the same. How can I open it? I have Windows 10 Acer laptop and it is working yesterday....
  4. Lost start menu function

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Lost Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Start Menu: Open immediately to web login page. Cannot access Shut Down menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-start-menu/659a5a5a-28c6-43ab-93e3-b791b8ebcbab
  6. Start menu pinned tiles lost

Start menu pinned tiles lost: Hello to all, Yesterday I have done the following Windows update: https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/4551762/windows-10-update-kb4551762 Now I see that I also moved to Version 1909, too. … and ever since all my pinned programs in the Start menu are gone not the...
  7. lost tas bar and start menu

lost tas bar and start menu: ok one day it was working great and then crash no start menu or tas bar under windows lost and can not click blank stop pressing the windows key zip nothing start menu is gong and the only way for me to get in is from the tas menu and getting mad as days go by so help...
  8. Lost start menu windows 10

Lost start menu windows 10: I've lost my start menu on windows 10. Any advice on getting it back please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-start-menu-windows-10/6b30434e-18fc-4caf-97e5-f1681f1d1d8b
  9. Lost Start Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost Start Menu: After the latest update, my Windows 10 laptop seems 'stuck' on tiles. I loathe tiles. I want my start menu back, and when the tiles are active, the start menu doesn't work. For some reason, I'm also again back with Cortana 'active.' Cortana is clearly the work of the...
  10. Lost Start Menu and Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost Start Menu and Search: For whatever reason I have lost the use of my Start Menu and Search function. Is there any way to get the 'Settings' page open without the Start Menu? Winkey + I did it. 6925