Windows 10: Lost stuff to virus, nowfonts/icons super tiny!!!

Discus and support Lost stuff to virus, nowfonts/icons super tiny!!! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Lost most of computer by virus, now “Desktop” is empty... Hello, content of my Desktop is gone by a virus, together with other files and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Adela, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Adela Win User

Lost stuff to virus, nowfonts/icons super tiny!!!

Lost most of computer by virus, now “Desktop” is empty...

Hello, content of my Desktop is gone by a virus, together with other files and programs. But now I need it to get to "Display" so I can enlarge my extremely tiny text and icons that even with a magnifying glass I can’t read. *Sad

To fix this, I found and am trying to follow this: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-m...ws-10#comments.

Before the virus attack, all fonts and icons were of good size. When I took the CPU to a techie I assumed they re-installed the latest Win10 so I wonder whether the latest update had something to do with reducing the fonts and icons to this absurd tiny size?

Could someone help me please? Thanks ever so much! *Smile

:)

Adela, Jun 1, 2017

2. folders font size

How do i increase the fonts size of my folders lists? The icon sizes are normal but the letters fonts are super tiny.

[Moved from: Microsoft Edge / All other issues / Windows 10]

MARIACHINN, Jun 1, 2017
  3. Windows 10 font size change INSIDE EXPLORER.exe WINDOWS

I updated to Win10 only yesterday, and find this issue super-annoying.

Changing the overall DPI scaling to anything over 100% makes elements inside of other apps look blurry, so that is not acceptable (though it solves the tiny text/icons inside explorer.exe issue).

Did you happen to find a good solution for this?

-Shashank

ShashankRS, Jun 1, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Have you tried changing the screen resolution as that would cause this?

Samuria, Jun 1, 2017
  5. spunk Win User
    As stated, right click a blank space on the desktop, choose Display Settings, change the Resolution to something smaller.

spunk, Jun 1, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    zbook, Jun 1, 2017
  7. Adela Win User
    THANK YOU so much for reminding me spunk!!! I saw that in the File Explorer the Desktop was empty, so I didn't think it would work! I increased it to 150 and already I can read it without problem. And to think that for the last 2 weeks I've been suffering because I couldn't read anything. I did search the net (which was also difficult for the same reason) and they all suggested complicated things to do and I don't have a good head for tech - I should've thought of coming directly to tenforums.com! *Smile

The Resolution I saw is 1920 x 1080. Is this a good one? Should I reduce it a bit? If so to how much you think? I never did this so...

Thanks again!

Adela, Jun 2, 2017
  8. Samuria Win User

Its down to personel taste you can try another setting and it gives you a min to decided if you want to keep it. Its down to your eye sight and monitor

Samuria, Jun 2, 2017
  9. Berton Win User
    On my 21.5" monitor I like 1440x900, have 4 computers feeding it through a KVM and works/looks fine on all 4 [Linux Mint, Win10 Version 1703 Build 15063, Win10 Version 1703 Build 16199 and Win7].

Berton, Jun 2, 2017
  10. Adela Win User
    This is good too, but I wanted a permanent reasonable size fonts and icons. Thanks very much!

Adela, Jun 2, 2017
  11. Adela Win User
    spunk, why should I (in your case) "spread some reputation before I give it out"???

Adela, Jun 2, 2017
  12. Adela Win User
    Thank you very much Berton, but I'm not familiar with any of those numbers, etc. *Smile

Adela, Jun 2, 2017
  13. Adela Win User

Thank you Samurai as I'm not familiar with these numbers, I'll have to, as you said, try them and see which numbers are best for my eyes.

Adela, Jun 2, 2017
  14. pepanee Win User
    For your Desktop icons, you can make the icons bigger:

Go to your Desktop, press and hold Ctrl, and scroll up with your mouse to make the icons bigger. Can you take a screen shot of your small font and I'll be able to give you recommendations for the size of your fonts

pepanee, Jun 2, 2017
  15. Adela Win User
    Thank you pepanee but I got the icons in permanent good size now. Thanx again . *Smile

Adela, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Lost stuff to virus, nowfonts/icons super tiny!!! - Similar Threads - Lost stuff virus

2. Lost My Key Because Of Tiny 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost My Key Because Of Tiny 11: So, I Wanted To save my already limited Ram, so I decided to install a software called tiny 11 and well when I booted up my pc with it, and it got worst. My pc keep crashing form all my ram being used up and I lost my windows key. But I don't know if I need to buy a new one...
  3. Desktop icon, favorites bar, outlook & tab font is SUPER SUPER tiny

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icon, favorites bar, outlook & tab font is SUPER SUPER tiny: I've seen this question all over the place - nobody answers it successfully.I got the Microsoft "blue screen/sad face" and when I logged in again the font was SUPER, SUPER TINY.I was able to "fix" the font on various websites using the "scale" and "text size" slider bar but...
  4. Desktop icon, favorites bar, outlook & tab font is SUPER SUPER tiny

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icon, favorites bar, outlook & tab font is SUPER SUPER tiny: I've seen this question all over the place - nobody answers it successfully.I got the Microsoft "blue screen/sad face" and when I logged in again the font was SUPER, SUPER TINY.I was able to "fix" the font on various websites using the "scale" and "text size" slider bar but...
  5. Icons on start menu are tiny

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons on start menu are tiny: [ATTACH] You can see the start menu icons are small on the taskbar they are oversized any help would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-on-start-menu-are-tiny/4e90f316-cb46-4bfb-8d3d-e09c9855501b
  6. Super tiny icons within tiles on Start screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Super tiny icons within tiles on Start screen: I'm curious to know if anyone has seen something like this, and even more interested in any known solutions. I have a group tile for Microsoft Office Web Apps. The icons on that tile are super tiny. Likewise when I open that group, the icon on each individual tile in...
  7. All my toolbars & programs are super tiny???

in Windows 10 Customization
    All my toolbars & programs are super tiny???: All my toolbars & programs are super tiny??? I didnt change them ! How do i get everything back to regular size https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-toolbars-programs-are-super-tiny/f5f793b1-bc32-4d5b-a8da-143840fdce65
  8. super large icons

super large icons: restart my pc, because I installed a new program and now the desktop icons are super big, I don't know why this happened if someone can help me I will be grateful https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/super-large-icons/ac773876-6c2f-4e81-a286-498b3397ba3b
  9. Is Windows 10 Super Virus?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is Windows 10 Super Virus?: I got this mail from Windows user and technician. "H!, I never thought that tech is the one that kills me, but Microsofts SUPERVIRUS Win 10 is about to do just that... I never had problems with high bloodpressure but before my kidneystoneoperation it was discovered...And...
  10. When copy a picture to the desktop they appear super tiny.

When copy a picture to the desktop they appear super tiny.: Hello When copy a picture to my desktop they appear super tiny even though the pictures is normal size when I copy it. I had installed a picture resizer and uninstalled it when the problem started but still get a supper a small picture that I can hardly see. What could...