Windows 10: Lost system reserved partition having moved from HDD to SSD

Discus and support Lost system reserved partition having moved from HDD to SSD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I appear to have lost system reserved partition having moved from HDD to SSD and have now removed it from my old HDD, i migrated my drive over to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Elzarg, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Elzarg Win User

Lost system reserved partition having moved from HDD to SSD

I appear to have lost system reserved partition having moved from HDD to SSD and have now removed it from my old HDD, i migrated my drive over to the new SSD using the the provided tool from Samsung.

Once the migration was complete, I noticed that the new drive did not have a system reserved partition. When i went to look at the old HDD to reformat the drive to use as a storage drive, it was there. I know that it was only taking up 99 MB but i deleted it before i realized what it was.

Is this going to cause me any problems?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Elzarg, Jan 7, 2019
  2. Irrespons Win User

Shuld System Reserved partition be on SSD or HDD.

Hey.

I have invested in a fast pc, and I want everything to be best possible preformance. The system got a SSD and HDD running on Windows 10 64bit "pro"

This is maybe nothing, but shuld the System Reserved partition be on the SSD for the fastest usage, I am not sure if it matters or not but I want this system to be flawless and this is bugging me a little.

Hope for helpfull answeres.

Irrespons, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Frcraig Win User
    Two System Reserve Partitions

I have two hard drives on my computer, an SSD with my operating system (Windows 8.1 which I just successfully upgraded to Windows 10) and an hdd for additional storage. After upgrading to Windows 10 I noticed that I now have two System Reserve Partitions.
    One partition is on the SSD and the other is on the hdd. Both contain bootmgr and similar files. The files on the hdd have newer file modified/created dates than those on the ssd System Reserve partition. If I set my BIOS to boot from the SSD I get the
    blue screen message "no bcd found". If I set the BIOS to boot from the hdd it takes over a minute, but Windows 10 boots fine.

I'm guessing that the System Reserve partition on the hdd (storage hard drive) contains the boot files for Windows 10, but Windows 10 is not installed on that drive, it is installed on the SSD (which I think has the old Windows 8.1 boot files on its own
    System Reserve partition).

I've given the two System Reserve partitions drive letters so that I can see the contents of the drives. Can I simply copy the contents of the newer System Reserve partition onto the older System Reserve partition so that Windows 10 will boot from the same
    SSD that it is installed on?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Craig

Frcraig, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Lost system reserved partition having moved from HDD to SSD

Shuld System Reserved partition be on SSD or HDD.

As HairyFool says, don't worry about the System Reserved partition.

If you want to move anything, move the pagefile to the HDD. That improves the durability of the SSD, but not by a lot unless your SSD was manufactured with 19nm technology. If it was then definitely move the pagefile and turn off System Restore (I assume
    you have an aggressive backup plan).

The system changes folks make when using an SSD don't affect performance as much as increase durability since they reduce writes to it. In general though, durability is not as much of an issue as some people like to say because normally you won't live long
    enough to wear one out. For sure, they outlast the OS, applications, and particularly the computer you installed it in. They last decades.

The rule that bigger is better especially applies to SSDs because of wear-leveling. A 1TB SSD will last eight times longer than a 128GB one, given the same usage pattern. But then what does eight times "decades" matter anyway?

Cbarnhorst, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

Lost system reserved partition having moved from HDD to SSD

1. Lost system reserved partition having moved from HDD to SSD - Similar Threads - Lost system reserved

2. My System Reserved partition was somehow installed on my HDD instead of the SSD and this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My System Reserved partition was somehow installed on my HDD instead of the SSD and this...: So apparently when I installed Windows a long ago I had both drives plugged in and Windows decided to install System Reserved on my HDD instead of keeping it on the same drive SSD with the rest of Windows and Recovery. I only discovered this because I was attempting to enable...
  3. My System Reserved partition was somehow installed on my HDD instead of the SSD and this...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My System Reserved partition was somehow installed on my HDD instead of the SSD and this...: So apparently when I installed Windows a long ago I had both drives plugged in and Windows decided to install System Reserved on my HDD instead of keeping it on the same drive SSD with the rest of Windows and Recovery. I only discovered this because I was attempting to enable...
  4. Move system partition to system reserve partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move system partition to system reserve partition: I had just install a new m.2 NVMe card yesterday and had cloned my primary drive over to the m.2. It was working wonderfully and was booting up okay then I had decided to clear the original primary drive. I had then tried updating windows from settings and when it tried to...
  5. Move system partition to system reserve partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Move system partition to system reserve partition: I had just install a new m.2 NVMe card yesterday and had cloned my primary drive over to the m.2. It was working wonderfully and was booting up okay then I had decided to clear the original primary drive. I had then tried updating windows from settings and when it tried to...
  6. How to move System Reserved Partition to the Top

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to move System Reserved Partition to the Top: Hello guys, Thanks for helping me !! I have some unallocated space in between the partitions which I want to combine. But the 16mb Microsoft reserved partition is coming between it and I read that I should not touch the reserved partition which can and will cause all...
  7. Moving from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving from HDD to SSD: Hello, I recently decided to buy a new 1TB SSD to “replace” my current and only HDD. I’ve been using my HDD for some time now and I wanted to make the SSD my windows 10 boot drive but I’m not sure how to do this. I wanted to make it a clean install so I can add my programs...
  8. System reserved partition on HDD, not SSD where Windows is installed

System reserved partition on HDD, not SSD where Windows is installed: More or less in the title. I wanted to encrypt my drive with Veracrypt, and found out that the partition Windows boots from is on my hard drive, where I keep things I don't want on my SSD, instead of on my SSD. Is there any way to move the partition to my SSD that doesn't...
  9. No system reserved partition on my SSD

No system reserved partition on my SSD: How do I create a system reserved partition on my SSD C: drive. I have 3 other drives installed and all have reserved system partitions. Any help would be appreciated 16516
  10. No System Reserved Partition On My SSD

No System Reserved Partition On My SSD: I have an SSD with WIN7 installed. It has no System Reserved Partition (SRP) and thus no boot files on that nonexistent partition. I've read here that individuals with a SRP of only 100mb have had issues installing WIN 10 and that those issues were resolved by expanding the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. move system reserved partition to ssd