Windows 10: Lost task association

Discus and support Lost task association in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have scheduled *.btm tasks that are processed by JPsoft TCC.exe. They have been working fine for years. Today, every time the run I get a prompt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RoedyGreen, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Lost task association

I have scheduled *.btm tasks that are processed by JPsoft TCC.exe.
    They have been working fine for years. Today, every time the run I get a prompt asking if I want to run them with TCC.

I refreshed the associations with JPSoft utilities, and with Windows associations. Inside the command prompt all works fine. ComSpec is correct. How can I get it to stop prompting me? These tasks are supposed to be automated.

:)

RoedyGreen, Jul 19, 2016

2. Window 10 Pro x64 Rollback to Windows 7 Has Problems.

After the rollback:

• It would seem that many/most scheduled tasks have become corrupted. (tskschd.msc)
      • Including Backup and Restore.
        • Schedule lost.
        • Settings lost.
        • "Task corrupted or tampered with." (0x80041321)
          • Corrected by deleting (2) associated schedule files.
          • Left with limited functionality, and it crashes on the intended libraries.
        • Backup Catalog corrupted
    • Windows Essentials Live Mail duplicated and detached headers and put them in other mail folders.
    • Climbing the Start Menu to Excel 2013, for instance, produces no "hover" links to recent or pinned files.
      • The link arrow from Windows 10 remains, but isn't functional.

Paleogeeked, Jul 19, 2016
  3. New MicroSD card in 5230 Nuron?

@psycho - I tried that but some files lost associations for some reason. Any advice?

chanchan05, Jul 19, 2016
Thema:

Lost task association

1. Lost task association - Similar Threads - Lost task association

2. File associations are lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File associations are lost: Always Open With is checked to use certain apps for mp4, MOV and jpg files. The choose a default app for each type of file list confirms the choices.Yet, days later the association is gone, and the what app do you want to open this file? query returns.This is a relatively...
  3. File associations are lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File associations are lost: Always Open With is checked to use certain apps for mp4, MOV and jpg files. The choose a default app for each type of file list confirms the choices.Yet, days later the association is gone, and the what app do you want to open this file? query returns.This is a relatively...
  4. Lost Task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Task bar: Task bar will not come out of auto hide. A reboot does not fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-task-bar/bcf0b74a-b9c9-46ea-a2fb-5437750ab917
  5. Lost Task bar

Lost Task bar: Task bar will not come out of auto hide. A reboot does not fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-task-bar/bcf0b74a-b9c9-46ea-a2fb-5437750ab917
  6. Using Word 2010 - have lost app association to .docx

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Using Word 2010 - have lost app association to .docx: I have owned my brand new win10 desktop for a couple of weeks and have installed my copy of MS Word 2010 on it and am using it very much as I have a big community project I have been putting in big hours on. Now suddenly I have just lost the application association that I had...
  7. Lost association for TXT files

Lost association for TXT files: [img]Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:31 pm Post subject: Lost assocaition with .txt files [ATTACH] D-clicking a TXT file in Win 10 File Explorer normally opens it in my text editor, TextPad. Now it opens no program. Naturally I used 'Choose default applications by file type'...
  8. Lost association for TXT files

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost association for TXT files: [img]Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:31 pm Post subject: Lost assocaition with .txt files [ATTACH] D-clicking a TXT file in Win 10 File Explorer normally opens it in my text editor, TextPad. Now it opens no program. Naturally I used 'Choose default applications by file type'...
  9. lost task bar, tiles and favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost task bar, tiles and favorites: My pc updated last week with a new version of windows 10, I think. It erased all my tiles and task bar saves as well as my favorites on the side of pages (my frequent sites). None of the remaining tiles work, such as email. I hit it and nothing happens. What is going on and...
  10. Lost file associations, esp RTF

Lost file associations, esp RTF: (I have found threads on this topic here, but nothing that fits the bill.) All of a sudden I can't open docs saved in WordPad because: This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed,...