Windows 10: Lost Taskbar

Discus and support Lost Taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't know where to go with this problem so I decided General would work. I was playing f Hoyle card games. I have the CD from which I install the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nikilet, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Nikilet Win User

Lost Taskbar

I don't know where to go with this problem so I decided General would work.

I was playing f Hoyle card games. I have the CD from which I install the games. I clicked to run it full screen. When I did that a little box popped up warning me that the best resolution is such and such. Then my full screen card game went back to normal window size and a little thing popped up that said it was adjusting my monitor and the next thing I knew my task bar was gone.

I can push that little button on my monitor for auto adjustment and the screen flickers a little as it appears to be making an adjustment, and my taskbar becomes visible, but then as soon as that adjustment has finished my taskbar disappears again. I have checked my display settings and its at the recommended setting. Everything is working, except I can't access my taskbar, which means I can't access my start button.

Sure hope someone can help.

:)

Nikilet, Sep 18, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 18, 2018
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Sep 18, 2018
  4. Lost Taskbar

Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

Lost Taskbar

1. Lost Taskbar - Similar Threads - Lost Taskbar

2. After update in Win 11 Lost taskbar, start button,and functionality of Windows button.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After update in Win 11 Lost taskbar, start button,and functionality of Windows button.: Tried all suggestion for standard fixes including restoring to previous state which happened to be after the problem. .settings will not come up, Task manager freezes,lost functionality in Firefix but not Chrome. can't get to updates to try and reinstall.Suggestions please...
  3. After update in Win 11 Lost taskbar, start button,and functionality of Windows button.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After update in Win 11 Lost taskbar, start button,and functionality of Windows button.: Tried all suggestion for standard fixes including restoring to previous state which happened to be after the problem. .settings will not come up, Task manager freezes,lost functionality in Firefix but not Chrome. can't get to updates to try and reinstall.Suggestions please...
  4. how do I recover lost icons in the taskbar of windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I recover lost icons in the taskbar of windows 10?: I would like to know how to fix the problem of missing icons in the taskbar on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-lost-icons-in-the-taskbar-of/35f04cfa-68eb-43ee-8a00-a75a54aea89b
  5. how do I recover lost icons in the taskbar of windows 10?

how do I recover lost icons in the taskbar of windows 10?: I would like to know how to fix the problem of missing icons in the taskbar on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-lost-icons-in-the-taskbar-of/35f04cfa-68eb-43ee-8a00-a75a54aea89b
  6. how do I recover lost icons in the taskbar of windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Lost shortcuts from taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost shortcuts from taskbar: Hello, used Win10 x64 build 22H2, version 10.0.19045.3570 on taskbar quick launch were created shortcuts to applications screenshot. Then something was happened maybe installed new MS update and same shortcuts are lost from taskbar happened more times, for more users, during...
  8. Lost shortcuts from taskbar

Lost shortcuts from taskbar: Hello, used Win10 x64 build 22H2, version 10.0.19045.3570 on taskbar quick launch were created shortcuts to applications screenshot. Then something was happened maybe installed new MS update and same shortcuts are lost from taskbar happened more times, for more users, during...
  9. Lost shortcuts from taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. My Win 11 pro lost connection to the desktop, which of course no icons on the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Win 11 pro lost connection to the desktop, which of course no icons on the taskbar.: My Win 11 pro lost connection to the desktop, which of course men's no icons on the taskbar, And I can't access the desktop folder to replace it, I have checked a couple of times for viruses it seems OK. I have two items on the taskbar, Windows Start Button and The search...