Windows 10: Lost the ability to rearrange folders pinned to the start menu.

Discus and support Lost the ability to rearrange folders pinned to the start menu. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just tried to rearrange all the things I have pinned in my start menu and came to realize that it's impossible for me to move folders pinned to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/WalterHenderson, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Lost the ability to rearrange folders pinned to the start menu.

I just tried to rearrange all the things I have pinned in my start menu and came to realize that it's impossible for me to move folders pinned to Start. I can move around pinned apps and programs without any problem, but if I pin My Documents, Recycle Bin or any other folder, they can't be moved within the Start Menu. i can drag them, but they will never stick to the place where I put them, always going back to the original place. Is this a bug only I am experiencing, or is it happening to everyone else?

submitted by /u/WalterHenderson
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/WalterHenderson, Nov 9, 2019

2. How to pin shortcut to start menu.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you would like to know how to pin short cut to start menu.

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below if you are using Windows 7.

Pin a program to the Start menu

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Pin-a-program-to-the-Start-menu

And if you are using Windows 10 then I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

Pin apps to Start

Pin the apps you use most often to the Start menu. Here's how:

• Go to Start > All Apps.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) an app.
    • Select Pin to Start.

Hope this helps. Please let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Nov 9, 2019
  3. MDD0799 Win User
    How to pin shortcut to start menu.

Sergiy Shklyar - You are a genius. This is the solution for pinning a non-executable to the Start Menu. Many thanks.

MDD0799, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Lost the ability to rearrange folders pinned to the start menu.

How to pin shortcut to start menu.

At first, you can create a shortcut in your Programs folder
    (in a hidden folder C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs). The shortcut appears in
    All apps list. Then you can pin it to Start menu / Taskbar as Mayank Gupta10 suggested.

The common way is to create a shortcut on the Desktop.
    But the more elegant way is creating Custom toolbars.

Sergiy Shklyar, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Lost the ability to rearrange folders pinned to the start menu.

1. Lost the ability to rearrange folders pinned to the start menu. - Similar Threads - Lost ability rearrange

2. Lost ability to pin to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost ability to pin to Quick Access: Hello,Today I lost all my Quick Access items: folders viewed in Home on Explorer no 'Quick Access section' and 'Recommended' is empty, if that's what it's called now and pinned folders in the navigation panel are gone and though programs pinned to the taskbar are still there,...
  3. Lost ability to pin to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost ability to pin to Quick Access: Hello,Today I lost all my Quick Access items: folders viewed in Home on Explorer no 'Quick Access section' and 'Recommended' is empty, if that's what it's called now and pinned folders in the navigation panel are gone and though programs pinned to the taskbar are still there,...
  4. Lost Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Start Menu: Open immediately to web login page. Cannot access Shut Down menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-start-menu/659a5a5a-28c6-43ab-93e3-b791b8ebcbab
  5. Pinned OneDrive Folder on Start Menu Disappears

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pinned OneDrive Folder on Start Menu Disappears: I like to have the OneDrive folder pinned to my start menu. However, it constantly disappears and must be re-pinned. This has happened for years on multiple pcs and is remarkable frustrating. I don't even know if there will ever be a fix for this. It just seems like something...
  6. Start menu pinned tiles lost

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu pinned tiles lost: Hello to all, Yesterday I have done the following Windows update: https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/4551762/windows-10-update-kb4551762 Now I see that I also moved to Version 1909, too. … and ever since all my pinned programs in the Start menu are gone not the...
  7. Other user accounts lost start menu pins

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Other user accounts lost start menu pins: So this morning I turn on and manually check store for app updates as usual. Then I start to login to the other family user accounts on the pc like I often do to check said app updates still work. I was a little concerned to see on all user accounts (apart from mine) that all...
  8. Lost Start Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost Start Menu: After the latest update, my Windows 10 laptop seems 'stuck' on tiles. I loathe tiles. I want my start menu back, and when the tiles are active, the start menu doesn't work. For some reason, I'm also again back with Cortana 'active.' Cortana is clearly the work of the...
  9. Start menu icons rearrange themselves

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu icons rearrange themselves: Hello, I hope someone has any idea what is happening any possibly why. My start menu icons every now and then rearrange themselves. They go from small to medium size, and groups resolve. Then I do the tedious work of arranging everything and then without a single...
  10. Lost ability to right click, run as Adminsitrator on Start menu search

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost ability to right click, run as Adminsitrator on Start menu search: When I press/click on Start, and then type 'Power' for instance to get PowerShell, I want to right click and Run as administrator. Somehow that is gone. I can only Pin to Start. Did updates, reboots, etc. I cannot even click and drag icons from the Start menu - just has a red...