Windows 10: Lost the ability to reduce a window frame size

Discus and support Lost the ability to reduce a window frame size in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I move the cursor to the upper right corner of any window the only function now there is to "X" close the window. The feature to reduce the size... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bill_879, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Bill_879 Win User

Lost the ability to reduce a window frame size

When I move the cursor to the upper right corner of any window the only function now there is to "X" close the window. The feature to reduce the size of the window on the screen is gone??? What happened to that? I can only ever run full filled screened windows, never smaller. I think it has something to do with new Windows 10 features for navigating through multiple windows that I don't understand. I unsuccessfully spent a good 30 minutes in settings to correct this. It is extremely frustrating to say the least. (I'm tempted to restore my good old Windows XP.)

The upper right of a classical, typical window has a "_" which is minimize it, then two stacked squares to reduce window size, and finally an "X" to close it. Some of my legacy applications (notepad) show the two stacked little squares; however, when clicking on that the op system does absolutely NOTHING ? ? ?

Anybody's "2 cents" to correct this would be most appreciated. Windows 10 is really playing with me.

:)

Bill_879, Oct 3, 2019
  2. John Fer Win User

How do I reduce the text size on the desktop

Hi Colin,

We suggest referring to the reply of Kalpana Shankarappa on this
    thread
    to help you with your concern. Follow the steps provided on the thread to
    help you reduce the text size for your desktop.

Let us know if you have other concern.

John Fer, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Windows 10 no longer automatically reduces the size of a photo to attach in an email. WHY

I have windows 10 and after a recent update, the computer appears to have 'lost the ability' to reduce the size of a photo and attach it to an email: I will explain-

When I wanted to easily reduce the size of a photo, using the mouse curser to highlight the photo, I would right click and choose to email that photo to myself. The outlook would open a new email and automatically attached was
    the photo I had chosen but in a vastly reduced size.

This process allowed me to then insert smaller file sized photos into a word doc.

Why is this?

Moved fromLost the ability to reduce a window frame size :( Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings )

NeverYoumind2, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Lost the ability to reduce a window frame size

How to reduce title bar icon size?

Ctrl + Scroll

Zooms in and out. Does not reduce the icon size in the title bar. Like, close , minimize and restore button. As well as all QAT icons Lost the ability to reduce a window frame size :(

Md Nazmul Islam, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

Lost the ability to reduce a window frame size

1. Lost the ability to reduce a window frame size - Similar Threads - Lost ability reduce

2. How to reduce the size of window?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reduce the size of window?: How to reduce or increase the size of a window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reduce-the-size-of-window/10a2b5df-c51c-478a-99a5-6bd6dd27bf61
  3. How to reduce the size of window?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reduce the size of window?: How to reduce or increase the size of a window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reduce-the-size-of-window/10a2b5df-c51c-478a-99a5-6bd6dd27bf61
  4. Reduce Font Size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reduce Font Size: The Dropbox app changed the icon spacing and the general font size. I fixed the icon spacing, but the new font size is huge compared to what it was before installing Dropbox. This makes the applications look terrible. How do I decrease the Windows 10 font size?...
  5. Reduce Font Size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reduce Font Size: The Dropbox app changed the icon spacing and the general font size. I fixed the icon spacing, but the new font size is huge compared to what it was before installing Dropbox. This makes the applications look terrible. How do I decrease the Windows 10 font size?...
  6. Reduce notifications size

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reduce notifications size: Is there a way to make notifications smaller on Windows 10? submitted by /u/slitzzzz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jf39el/reduce_notifications_size/
  7. Reduce size of text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reduce size of text: How do I reduce size of text before printing. HP ENVY 4502 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reduce-size-of-text/b19a922f-8742-4553-9b3f-9caa49fe2543
  8. Reducing Scan Size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reducing Scan Size: I trying to reduce the size of a picture to scan in my Brother MFC-440CN. Anyone know how to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reducing-scan-size/8a103d33-d6f4-4e23-960f-3dd8ea8c3a34
  9. Lost the ability to update Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost the ability to update Windows: There are a number of us in the Windows Insider Program that have lost the ability to update Windows. There are some variations on the theme but, basically, Win10 will download the package and say that there is an update that needs a reboot to install. The install/reboot...
  10. Reduce Windows size in HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reduce Windows size in HDD: Hi , sorry for my poor English. Windows is tkaing around 20GB on my PC, and my HDD is only 32GB has 8GB free. What and how can I reduce its size to a minimum size? 49902